Type keyword(s) to search

CBS Sunday Morning - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I’m miffed about their reporting about the Chemors chemical plant and their impact of forever chemicals in the Cape Fear region. They mentioned that they are building a barrier wall and taking measures to contain the chemical pollution in the water (also air etc, but I won’t go into that). What they didn’t report is that they are passing that cost onto the CFPU customers. Chemors is not paying for the damages, their customers are with their pocketbooks and health. 

Edited to add: My water bill was $25/month. In the last 6 months it has gone up to $125/month for the same amount of usage. The taxes have increased by 30%. Yes, the tax money is also for the chemical clean up and new barrier wall. The Cape Fear region is growing faster than the infrastructure (roads, water, sewer, schools), but the taxes from the hundreds of added homes do not help these rising costs. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2

The boll weevil story this morning cracked me up.  I particularly loved the Ronald McDonald weevil.

ETA: Also cracking up at The Queen's Six singing "You'll Be Back" from Hamilton.

Edited by Browncoat
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I appreciated them doing a segment on Ina Garten yesterday, but it was a good ho hum interview. I didn’t learn anything new about her and I expected more. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Autocorrect had deleted a necessary word.
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I appreciated them doing a segment on Ina Garten yesterday, but it was a good ho hum interview. I didn’t learn anything new about her and I expected more. 

I don't remember seeing this, are you sure you're not referring to the 60 Minutes interview?

• Mind Blown 1

Wow, this morning's episode, the 03.12.23 episode focusing on movies was exceptional.  So many excellent stories: film restoration, John Waters's art collection, Eva Longoria, the Actors Studio, Some Like It Hot (the classic movie and the musical) and frequent contributor Josh Seftel's Oscar nomination for best doc short. Even the off-topic feature Pompeii and a Steve Hartman story were top-notch.  The moment of nature was gloriously cinematic!  However the episode wasn't flawless, there was a story about video games that I FFed thru.  I have absolutely zero interest in video games.

• Like 4