Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: What It Always Is

• Start Topic

On 11/8/2019 at 4:27 PM, icemiser69 said:

That said,  I like JDM, but in this episode he doesn't appear to be moving around all that well.

I think that is the reason so many viewers will give him a pass or find him hot 'n sexy no matter how heinous his acts - they like the actor. Having never seen or even heard of him before TWD I base my opinion of Negan on what I see here.

I did watch a movie with him after I started seeing him here to see if I could change the way I viewed him. Unfortunately the movie I watched portrayed him as super-creepy stalker/predator, jerking off in his victim's bathtub.😯 So...

• Love 1

I'm seriously starting to wonder if Negan has convinced himself that he never did anything bad to Coral. I mean, Negan is just Kirkman's mouthpiece, right? And Kirkman has had a few years to convince himself that he never did anything bad to Chandler Riggs. So maybe he's not even being written as having repressed the memories. Maybe he's being written by someone who has.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

I'm seriously starting to wonder if Negan has convinced himself that he never did anything bad to Coral.

Let's reiterate what Negan did to Coral.

On first meeting he threatened to have Coral's remaining eye cut out and fed to his dad.

He showed him around the Sancturary, bragging about screwing his wives.

He humiliated and traumatized him about his gross eye socket, stuck his finger in it and made Coral sing a song.

He visited Alexandria and carried Judith around to torment Coral, and then made Coral sit and eat with him at the table in a bizarre family tableau.

He terrorized him by drawing a line on his arm and saying Rick had to cut Coral there.

He finally decided to bash Coral's head in and got all prepared to do it.

But no, he would never do bad things to a kid and anyone who would hint otherwise is just a meanie asshole.

13 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Negan is just Kirkman's mouthpiece, right?

He's Kirkman's avatar/alter ego, so you could be right.

• Love 2
On 11/5/2019 at 9:36 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Now I feel like the robots on Star Trek who blew their fuses trying to follow extreme illogic.

If TPTB don't want us to remember how Negan came a split second away from Lucille-ing Carl's dome, then why put him in a conversation where he has to deny that he would EVER hurt or kill a kid when WE know damned well he would?

If Negan knows he lying, again why would TPTB want us to see him as someone who would definitely kill a kid and then vociferously deny it?

If Negan doesn't know he's lying, it's even worse because we STILL know he was going to kill Carl and this makes it sound like that moment was so trivial to him he's forgotten it. Or maybe the writers forgot it?

They really shouldn't have brought up the subject of child murder at all. The only person I believed Negan wouldn't harm was baby Judith.

What's next? "I would NEVER take advantage of any young lady! How dare you even suggest otherwise?"

The writers already did that last line during the Saviors arc when Negan killed a henchman who attempted to rape Sasha supposedly because rape was against their rules.  The level of stupid going on during that season was so high that the hypocrisy wasn't all that memorable.  

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, rab01 said:

The writers already did that last line during the Saviors arc when Negan killed a henchman who attempted to rape Sasha supposedly because rape was against their rules.  The level of stupid going on during that season was so high that the hypocrisy wasn't all that memorable.

That was ‘Rapey Davey’ as much as I might look for a difference between what Negan did on a regular basis, compared to what a ‘rogue’ Saviour did once in a while, there is ultimately no difference, they’re all the same, they all deserve the same outcome, which is death, simples.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

These people go to the worst place real fast. That enlarged thyroid Zeke has could just be iodine deficiency, which wouldn't be that unusual in the apocalypse. Having a family history increases your risk of thyroid cancer some, but it isn't like with some cancers, where there are genes that will give you cancer with over 90% certainty. For three consecutive generations to get it, Zeke must be the unluckiest person in the world.