Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Who Are You?

Trini
  • Start Topic

1. Ruby Rose is still my major disappointment for this series, I always considered Batwoman to be a Belinda Carlisle type but she just doesn't look it, her getting kissy with the gorgeous Reagan should be a highlight but it left me cold.   

2. Rachel Maddow's narration is seriously getting on my nerves, we could well do without her. 

3. Alice is still the highlight of the show for me, she's evil but still oddly likeable. 

4. Yay, Magpie, an actual canon Batman villain (who also featured on Gotham), let's hope for many more. Nice little touch that she was the photographer in the opening scene. 

5. So do we believe the 'wicked' step mum? Her explanation is a lot more innocent than I originally thought. 

6. Really like Lily, they should bring her into the gang I mean it's only a matter of time. 

7. Luke gets knocked out, I wonder if this will become a recurring theme?

8. I don't like the way she treats him, she seems very hard on him considering all the help he gives her? The sneeze is a nice touch.

9. A nice little emotional scene from Dougray Scott, you really feel he has accepted Alice is Beth for the first time.   

10. What does Kate actually do for a living? I mean her family is obviously rich are they happy to just let her live on their money whilst she takes care of the Wayne Building? 

11. When Reagan started her talk about her family being kicked out off their home I began to wonder if they are part of Alice's gang and her meeting Kate was a set up?

12. Nice touch with the Batarang, of course all the gear is custom made for Bruce. Aunt Martha's pearls are an interesting touch, how different things might have been had she not worn them that night?

7/10

I do love the way these commentators are already complaining about Batwoman not being around. It's a real commentary on how utterly incompetent the Crows and the GCPD are (does that even still exist? I'm guessing the Crows only cover the rich parts of town) that people are already seeing a vigilante in a rubber suit as the main source of law & order. 

Martha Wayne's Necklace? You mean the one she was wearing as she died? That's kinda morbid. And since that tale can't be that well known (its main significance is that it inspired Batman, which obviously people don't know).

Did Batwoman admit she broke the vase? Wouldn't they blame Magpie for it? She picked up the Batarang, so it's not like they knew how it got broken.

Mary was pretty smart to use the morphine to get info out of the goon (and did a passable impression of Alice's dialogue).

On 10/28/2019 at 1:06 AM, mtlchick said:

At least Catherine came "clean-ish" about Jacob about Beth, but she's still hiding a hell of a lot.

Which shows what I've often said: If you're being blackmailed, come clean. Then the blackmailer loses their leverage.

On 10/28/2019 at 3:02 AM, quarks said:

If you want to get into the Batcave, Reagan, you have to put up with the obvious lies for several episodes, like Felicity over on Arrow!

She's already got inside the Batcave! Oh... you meant the actual Batcave. Nevermind.

On 5/3/2020 at 7:55 PM, John Potts said:

Martha Wayne's Necklace? You mean the one she was wearing as she died? That's kinda morbid. And since that tale can't be that well known (its main significance is that it inspired Batman, which obviously people don't know).

I'd imagine a multi billionaire philanthropist getting gunned down in Crime Alley for her necklace would actually be fairly well known.   It is a bit morbid though,  surely Martha had other jewelry they could've displayed. 

On 5/6/2020 at 5:41 PM, Delphi said:

I'd imagine a multi billionaire philanthropist getting gunned down in Crime Alley for her necklace would actually be fairly well known.   It is a bit morbid though,  surely Martha had other jewelry they could've displayed. 

The pearls are iconic, they're why Thomas resisted the mugging,