Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: The Gang Chokes

• Start Topic

A nice revisit to Mac and Dennis being co-dependent. It makes you wonder exactly how nuts Mac must have gotten with the Real Doll Dennis during the Minnesota gap.

Deathwish Dee was the funniest part to me, and I wish they'd gone a little more into that but it was a pretty packed episode.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Amarsir said:

A nice revisit to Mac and Dennis being co-dependent. It makes you wonder exactly how nuts Mac must have gotten with the Real Doll Dennis during the Minnesota gap.

Deathwish Dee was the funniest part to me, and I wish they'd gone a little more into that but it was a pretty packed episode.

There's a certain joy to reading comments like these before watching the episode.  With no context, I am left to fill in the blanks with my own imagination.

• Love 4

You know the sad thing about these people? They genuinely mean well. Frank wants to help out the Waiter for saving his life, so he just shoehorns his way into his life. Mac wants to help out Dennis to demonstrate worth (maybe "Mac Finds His Pride" was a fever dream?), and that ends with him contemplating killing Dennis in order to save his life. Hilarity ensues, with Dee's living on the edge fueling the funny fire.

I'd like more Formal Diner stuff without the Waiter. It's not about him . . . I like how the Gang tries to look human . . . Mac combs his hair, Frank dons the toupee, and Charlie makes an effort to dress nicely, even if it's only from the waist up.

I like the guys being slightly disgusted anytime Dee pops up. The funny thing? "Dee Day" doesn't need to be in continuity to make those reactions happen. It works either way.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:52 AM, Lantern7 said:

Annoyed that the gang failed to react as he nearly choked to death on an appetizer, Frank decides the waiter, his savior, is the only person who has his back.

I enjoyed this one but it didn't quite hit the mark. I think I'd have liked to see more of Dee's death wish and Mac and Dennis's co-dependency was a bit overdone. I find it mildly amusing that there's a male version of The Waitress, someone who we only know by her job title.

• Love 1

I feel like the scene where Dee runs on to the basketball court after insulting the (unseen) Puerto Ricans would have been a little better if she had been in her Martina Martinez costume. 

I loved how frail Dennis was.  I don't mean frail from Mac's poisoning.  I mean how he had such strict dietary requirements, was terrified of pollen, and made excuses to avoid the slightest bit of physical exertion.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I loved the scene where Charlie and then Dee turn up late to Dennis and Mac's apartment and Dennis just wants to go to bed.
Charlie, "What are you, in your 40s?"
Dennis, "Yes. And so are you."

Then with Dee, "Going to bed. How old are you?"
Dennis, "WE'RE THE SAME AGE!"

Maybe it's just because I'm also in my 40s but I laughed so hard at both. 

• Love 3