Type keyword(s) to search

The Thing About Pam: A Dateline NBC Podcast

• Start Topic

Two days after Christmas, 2011, Russ Faria came home to find his wife, Betsy, dead. Betsy’s brutal murder set off a chain of events that would leave another person dead and expose a diabolical scheme. Listen for free to this original series from Keith Morrison and Dateline NBC wherever you get your podcasts.

Listened to the first two episodes and they mostly concentrate on Russ’s conviction not a lot of new information though Keith and the producer from the original story share some of their thoughts about the case when they first heard about it. I will continue to listen because I love Keith and his voice! 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

I just finished the entire podcast yesterday.  It was very well done, and as expected, it mirrored pretty much the 2-hour Dateline episode.  OK with me as it gives me something to listen to on the way home from work!

• Love 2

The podcast was good. I'm really looking forward to the TV show. It looks like it's going to be somewhat comedic which will be fun for the viewers, but I cringe somewhat thinking how it must feel for real life people affected by the crimes, seeing the worst events in their lives turned into a comedic entertainment. 

Oh well, I'll still watch. I hope the fatsuit isn't too distracting. (Real life Pam wasn't even particularly fat!) 

• Love 2
On 3/8/2022 at 12:46 PM, Melina22 said:

The podcast was good. I'm really looking forward to the TV show. It looks like it's going to be somewhat comedic which will be fun for the viewers, but I cringe somewhat thinking how it must feel for real life people affected by the crimes, seeing the worst events in their lives turned into a comedic entertainment. 

Well, you certainly did call it. 

I found the opening scene the most jarring. The overreacting of Russ' 911 call and the zooming in on Betsy's body laying on the floor. 

The dulcet tones of Keith Morrison help but it's still so campy. 

• Love 3