Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Nothing Short of Heroic

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Garret (Jake Stormoen) runs into Talon (Jessica Green), now a Prime Order captive as Gwynn's (Imogen Waterhouse) lost relation has a claim to the throne. Meanwhile, Janzo (Anand Desai-Barochai) becomes desperate to find a plagueling cure. Lastly, a devastating Prime Order weapon is revealed.

Airdate: September 19, 2019

I don't understand what we're supposed to be feeling about Gwynn. Is the intent to show she's a strong and just leader? If so, it's failing. Poor Janzo. He could save Gwynn and the Outpost singlehandedly, and I think Gwynn would still imprison him.

So that "devastating Prime Order weapon" is like gunpowder? Too bad Gwynn doesn't have a scientist type who could try to find a solution to that.... Oh, wait.

Naya will probably run back to the Outpost to warn Gwynn - and Gwynn will probably throw her in jail. Incidentally, it's amazing that Naya was able to make it to the Prime Order HQ on foot. And yet the Prime Order is taking forever to attack the Outpost.

I still can't get a read on Garrett being in love with Gwynn and still making eyes at Talon. I can only speculate that it's like a Poldark-type love triangle. Garrett and Gwynn probably grew up together at the Outpost and were each other's first love, so it's hard to let go of that  bond. But now that they've separated, they're going through different life experiences. I really don't know if the show intends for Garrett to still somehow end up with Gwynn, but I can only see that happening if Tobin dies or betrays Gwynn at this point. 

As for Talon, I'm still hoping they introduce someone new who's worthy of her. Garrett still has a long way to go - and he must make it clear who he really wants - if he wants to be the one for Talon.

Of course Alton is an imposter. The inside stuff that he knows? Either he was a servant in the royal household who was close to the real Alton or he's a plant by the Prime Order or maybe the new ally (who tortured escaped members of the royal household to get inside info).

ETA: It looks like next week will be a doubleheader, with the final two episodes of this season airing back to back. There's no official word yet on whether or not this show will get a third season, but this one site that tracks shows is hopeful...

The Outpost: Is The CW TV Series Cancelled or Renewed for Season Three?
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/outpost-cw-cancelled-renewed-season-three/

Telly’s Take
Will The CW cancel or renew The Outpost for season three? The series is produced for Syfy’s international channels and The CW licenses it so its survival depends on more than The CW. I suspect it will be renewed but that’s just a gut feeling. I’ll update this page with breaking developments. Subscribe for free The Outpost cancellation or renewal alerts.

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Naya will probably run back to the Outpost to warn Gwynn - and Gwynn will probably throw her in jail.

That is a wonderful start, If I was writing the show, here is what would write for the rest of the season. Naya will probably run back to the Outpost to warn Gwynn - and Gwynn will probably throw her in jail. Naya tells Janzo about the new weapon. Janzo, Naya and Elinor creates a wonderful counterweapon but will only use it if Gwen, Alton and Tobin agree to declare the Output a sovereign nation and then leave the Oupost and never come back. Janzo figures out that they are bombs when they are sealed and rockets when you poke a hole in them, so a skilled archer shoots them and they fly into the enemy army, destorying them. Gwen, Alton and Tobin heads out with their army to fight "The Three". Next season Alton locks up Gwen and Tobin and takes control of the army (lets see how they like being locked up).

12 hours ago, tv echo said:

I still can't get a read on Garrett being in love with Gwynn and still making eyes at Talon.

I can't figure out Garrett either. All I got is:

1. Garrett is a jerk.
  2. Garrett is a player.
  3. Garett doesn't really love either, but doesn't want to be alone. 
  4. Garrett wants to keep his options open.
  5. Garrett loves Gwynn but is hurt when she rejected him, so he's making a play at Talon again to get back at Gwynn

I can't root for Garrett with either Gwynn or Talon...