Type keyword(s) to search

Host With the Most: Alec Baldwin

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I thought Alec Baldwin's hosting on this show was far superior to any other hosts on game shows that I have seen, but now, sadly, I can't imagine him continuing in this role that requires him to channel humor through his real persona: 
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/alec-baldwin-prop-gun-shooting-b1943381.html
A tragic loss for which Alec will always feel responsible, regardless of others having made fatal mistakes that led to the death.

• Useful 1
On 10/22/2021 at 7:59 AM, shapeshifter said:

I thought Alec Baldwin's hosting on this show was far superior to any other hosts on game shows that I have seen, but now, sadly, I can't imagine him continuing in this role that requires him to channel humor through his real persona: 
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/alec-baldwin-prop-gun-shooting-b1943381.html
A tragic loss for which Alec will always feel responsible, regardless of others having made fatal mistakes that led to the death.

Yeah, this show is done. After Rust and the Hilaria business, I don't think Alec would ever step back into his role as host.

4 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Yeah, this show is done. After Rust and the Hilaria business, I don't think Alec would ever step back into his role as host.

I don't think AB would have any problem after it all went down with Hilaria.  In fact, they aired a show that featured Hilaria (itwas taped before her scandal).  I wouldn't equate the Rust incident with the Hilaria business.  One was very silly, the other was tragic.

• Love 1
On 1/14/2022 at 4:28 PM, Cowgirl said:

What is "the Hilaria business?"

Hilaria pretending to be Spanish (?) with fake accent and all. Her real name is Hillary Lynn Thomas, and per Google, she was born in Massachusetts.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

"But Match Game‘s cancellation was not connected to that incident, Variety reports"
I disagree. 
But what happened happened.
I wonder if the Rust death influenced the decision for Bruce Willis to retire–—although this was a totally different reason for a prop gun being fired at someone on set: 
primetimer.com/item/Bruce-Willis-exhibited-signs-of-declining-cognitive-state-in-recent-years-including-an-allegation-he-accidentally-fired-a-prop-gun-in-Vanderpump-Rules-star-Lala-Kents-direction-ElSzmA

I was never fond of Alec being the one who was ultimately chosen to host this version of Match Game.  Alec, the obnoxious people they cast as contestants and the need for more bleeping as episodes went on made this show annoying to try to watch at times. I was an off and on watcher of this one. The 70's version was raunchy and fun without people on the show constantly having to utter stuff that had to be bleeped out. That kind of language would have worked better had this show not been on ABC.

I wanted to really enjoy this version back when stories of it being developed were out there, then they chose a host and that seemed to be where I started to lose interest before it really began. I've had trouble looking at Alec ever since that message he left for his daughter was made public years ago, his rage issues over the years and that woman he's married to who had done no favors in regards to his public image either.