Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E26: Christina Hoff Sommers, Maria Teresa Kumar, Joe Walsh, John Delaney, and Matt Welch

• Start Topic

Among the other reasons mentioned by folks here, I was pissed at his New Rules because he made two false claims which weren't even funny.  1. He claimed that's why our health care costs are so high, which is laughable considering that all the issues surrounding for-profit health insurance is why we pay the most in the world for health care with worse results.  2. He claimed Brazil is clear-cutting the Amazon so they can give Americans more hamburgers, which is also laughable since they are doing that to export more food to China who isn't buying from the US because trade war.

Don't get me started on Delaney's mandatory military service!  As if it would be mandatory without loopholes for rich sons and daughters of rich, connected people.  As if we need to allocate more tax money to a bloated military that pays contractors while military families are on food stamps, not to mention Veteran Care if everyone is a military vet.  As if we need to enable more endless wars - and deaths - to keep the military industrial complex in profits.  Ok, I got started on Delaney's mandatory military service, sorry.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 6

It doesn’t help that there are certain food additives that increase the calories in food like high fructose corn syrup.  people used to make their own pasta sauce with tomatoes.  Now they buy the jar that lists sugar or high fructose corn syrup in the first 3-5 ingredients.

You had “science” that demonized fat (which is actually essential for your body) but then added sugar to foods to make up for the lack of taste.  

Or that people rely on too many quick to fix meals because parents work longer and more jobs to make ends meet.  

• Love 1
On 3/1/2020 at 4:25 PM, Hanahope said:

You had “science” that demonized fat (which is actually essential for your body) but then added sugar to foods to make up for the lack of taste.  

Or that people rely on too many quick to fix meals because parents work longer and more jobs to make ends meet. 

This right here!  People just recently learned that eating animal fat does not make you fat.  But sugar absolutely does.  So when they swapped out fat for sugar, I think that is the #1 reason for the health problems people have now.  The quick to fix meals are probably reason #2.