Type keyword(s) to search

[Possible Update-Related Bugs, RESOLVED] Other odd stuff today?

theschnauzers

I’ve been encountering a new behavior I’ve not seen here before in a number of threads for different shows where there are numerous links to display content from social media and websites which causes the page of posts not to completely display. Often, during loading, the screen (I use the dark theme) goes white, and often recycles between the outline of where the linked content would go, and the white screen in a loop that never ends. I use different devices with different OS and browsers, and this is occurring on all of them. It also became quite noticeable during these past two weeks (i.e., ComicCon). And it does include website links, links to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, etc.)

Can’t find a solution other that skipping that page completely.

From a different thread: "As of five minutes ago, the arrow/yellow circle to have the screen scroll to the top of the page has disappeared.

Google/Chrome, Windows 10"

"With it just around the corner; let's see what happens after the forums upgrade. If it's still not working at that point, we'll have it looked into. "

Previous thread was already locked, but I've noticed a couple other things just happening today:

- since the last big update, when someone quoted a long post, it just showed the top of it, with scroll bars to get to the rest.  Now I'm seeing the full long quoted posts.

- just today, when marking a forum as read, I no longer get the are-you-sure prompt.

If the answer is the same as above (wait for the new upgrade), that's fine, these are fairly minor issues.  Just wanted to point out that a few other things seem just slightly off today, in case there was some underlying commonality.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, theschnauzers said:

This is one page where there was still some lag today even though it wasn’t during and just after ComicCon. But you can see the numerous links and images posted via links on the page

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/2872-social-media-and-behind-the-scenes-aka-everything-else-not-news-and-media/?page=766

Thanks for the link. If the forums update next week doesn't resolve this I'll submit a ticket for it to the devs.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:32 PM, SoMuchTV said:

- since the last big update, when someone quoted a long post, it just showed the top of it, with scroll bars to get to the rest.  Now I'm seeing the full long quoted posts.

- just today, when marking a forum as read, I no longer get the are-you-sure prompt.

On 8/29/2019 at 3:40 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yep. I just noticed that a few minutes ago. Google/Chrome; Windows 10.

On 8/29/2019 at 12:52 AM, theschnauzers said:

This is one page where there was still some lag today even though it wasn’t during and just after ComicCon. But you can see the numerous links and images posted via links on the page

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/2872-social-media-and-behind-the-scenes-aka-everything-else-not-news-and-media/?page=766

@SoMuchTV, @GHScorpiosRule, @theschnauzers Are you still experiencing the above issues?

1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

@SoMuchTV, @GHScorpiosRule, @theschnauzers Are you still experiencing the above issues?

This, at least, has remained--meaning the toggle screen to scroll up is back and remained after the upgrade, and the window asking me if I'm sure I want to mark the thread read is also back. Since the thread for the description of topic listing and next unread topic has been closed, I'd like to just add my .02 that I think it was a terrible idea to design it so we don't know which unread topic is next, because prior to upgrade, at least I had a choice. Now I have to take an extra step or two to go back to topic listing. Sorry, I didn't know where else to post that I'm not happy this "deliberate" choice by the devs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Since the thread for the description of topic listing and next unread topic has been closed, I'd like to just add my .02 that I think it was a terrible idea to design it so we don't know which unread topic is next, because prior to upgrade, at least I had a choice. Now I have to take an extra step or two to go back to topic listing. Sorry, I didn't know where else to post that I'm not happy this "deliberate" choice by the devs.

I appreciate this is irksome for many members. Sadly, it is something that is beyond Primetimer's control.

On 8/28/2019 at 4:32 PM, SoMuchTV said:

4 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

I haven't noticed either of my issues lately (although to be fair, they're not things I run across often).

• Useful 1

I haven’t been on the site much lately, but my impression of the issue I reported was a combination of a lot of linked social media material and a lot of sever demand at the same time, that created the problem. (From my past experience at other forums over the years where I had admin or global mod status, it’s usually the combination.) At worse we’ll find out the next time there’s a huge number of social media and media links being posted on the same threads for certain shows all at once.

• Useful 1