• Start Topic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, egavasc said:

Sorry y'all. yesterday was an absolutely crazy day. if I had realized I wouldn't have signed up.

If I'm picking up what MMCS is putting down this is how I should be voting. Fingers crossed I did this right.

4 to DL MMCS (TCS, Mark, CP, Jesse)

6 to DL Jesse (MMCS, Oinky, Drogo, Dougal, caprice, egavasc)

2 to DL OB (aquarian1, TJ)

Clever girl. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

If you believe me, you are still the witch.   If you believe Jesse, you are now the minion.  

I loved this heads I win, tails you lose choice and I wonder if you planned your statement this way. 

If I believe you I should DL Jesse and if I don't believe you I should still DL Jesse. 

Not sure if it worked out for whichever team I am on.

Thanks Bob - great game. Sorry Jesse.  

• Love 1

First, I have to say that my two favorite things about this game were @Drogo's entire gameplay, and this post:

12 hours ago, Oinky Boinky said:

Thank you A1. I read back and just saw that. 

I believe MuuuMuuu 

4 to DL @MuuMuuChainsmoker (TCS, MarkHB, Drogo, CP)

1 to DL @Oinky Boinky (Jesse)

1 to DL @The Crazed Spruce (Dougal)

2 to DL @Jesse (MMCS,Oinky Boinky)  because I don't take kindly to imposters! 

(Although I thought you really meant you believed my description of the swap, realized you were a wolf, and followed Drogo's lead while claiming a completely different cover story a motivation.)

1 hour ago, egavasc said:

Sorry y'all. yesterday was an absolutely crazy day. if I had realized I wouldn't have signed up.

If I'm picking up what MMCS is putting down this is how I should be voting. Fingers crossed I did this right.

4 to DL MMCS (TCS, Mark, CP, Jesse)

6 to DL Jesse (MMCS, Oinky, Drogo, Dougal, caprice, egavasc)

2 to DL OB (aquarian1, TJ)

Relax, sleepyhead, you have done well.

Great game, @SVNBob!  I really enjoyed it except for being forcibly converted from the side of EEEeeeeeevilllllllll.  !

• Love 3

I was trying to lead OB to the conclusion that she should vote Jesse regardless and trying to signal to egavasc that I knew she was the Dream Wolf so she should vote with me.   Both of those worked out, but it turned out I was working against myself.   Delightfully surprising outcomes all around.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Jesse said:

Mark's scenario is so convoluted!

Convoluted, but entirely accurate!  Well, except for one major and one other key point.

19 hours ago, MarkHB said:

OK, I took a minute to think about this.  Here's what I think happened:

1. I was initially the Minion, not a wolf.
  2. @Drogo doppeled me.  He now is a slightly-less-despicable-than-the-Tanner Minion.
  3. @Jesse swapped me with @Oinky Boinky.  I hate her for this because I really wanted to be evil this round. :-<
  4. Drogo is encouraging votes for OB because he knows she is now the Minion.

Given that, and with heavy heart and deep regrets, I am changing my vote...

2 to DL @MuuMuuChainsmoker (TCS, MarkHB)

2 to DL @Oinky Boinky (Drogo, Jesse)

1 to DL @The Crazed Spruce (Dougal)

Here's the two missing key actions of how it went down last night.

MuuMuu used her Mystic power to find out Spruce's role of the Robber.

But Spruce used his power to steal MuuMuu's role, becoming the Mystic Wolf himself!

• Love 3

I pretty much formed my diabolical plan the second I stole MuuMuu's role. I knew that I'd show up as the robber if someone scried me, so I claimed to steal someone else's role. Once the rest of the role-switching came to light, I then voted for MMC, 'cause I knew that (a) she was now a villager, (b) she's turn up as a wolf if someone had scried her, and (c) she thought she was still a wolf, so there was a good chance she'd cast suspicion on herself when she tried to deny it. (And hey, thanks for that, Muu! Much appreciated!)

Definitely a fun round. :)

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

First, I have to say that my two favorite things about this game were @Drogo's entire gameplay

@MarkHB when you posted that I must be a Minion and the to-a-freakin-T description of what I was doing, I looked for you outside my window, checked the lock on my HelloKitty diary and ran a spyware search on my PC. 

As always a big hand for the ringmaster of this circus, @SVNBob--> tumblr_ldi0wwDUJI1qbiapxo1_500.gif

Wow, this round was really great.  Everyone really stepped it up in the evil and not-so-evil genius category. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Drogo said:

@MarkHB when you posted that I must be a Minion and the to-a-freakin-T description of what I was doing, I looked for you outside my window, checked the lock on my HelloKitty diary and ran a spyware search on my PC. 

Seriously, though, if I hadn't been swapped I would have been all over that (because the only way it made sense for you to lie about me being a wolf and try to get me lynched was if you were either another Minion who had copied me, or else a Mystic Wolf who had scryed me, and tbh I hadn't thought about the latter option at the time) and gladly taken one for the team.

• Love 1

Yeah, I could sense y'all were railroading someone between MMCS and Jesse, just couldn't tell exactly which one. (Actually none of our votes were the right ones, were they?) I guess from knowing him so long, I accepted the truth of my SpruceBro. I think he really made the best moves. In fact, I believe this picture was taken of Spruce and I discussing those a Wolf:

1f01ff90f94045a2b1a58700d8e9d4b5.jpg

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TJtrack99 said:

Actually none of our votes were the right ones, were they?

Given that, in the end, no wolves were up for a vote, all the evil votes were correct and all the Village votes were incorrect.

I did my part; once it became obvious that I had been switched, I laid out my part and voted for someone I thought was a wolf (and who already had votes against her).  And then I just sat back and flooded Bob's PM inbox with my spurious observations.

• Love 2

I feel better about being so confused now. There was a lot going on and not even the Town managed to figure it out. Love a game where the majority of players think they're possibly evil! Also someone remind me the next time I have to make 500 whoopie pies that that's maybe not a good week for mafia? 

• Love 3

So, with no Apprentice Seer, I think I got it.

The Doppelganger copies another role, and does that role's Night action immediately if there is one.
  Drogo doppled Mark and became minion

The Wolf pack gathers and identifies each other.  The sleeping Dreamwolf does not meet the other members of the pack, but they find him.
  Dougal and MMCS meet and see Egavasc sleeping

The Mystic Wolf then scrys on one other player's role.
  MMCS scryed Spruce and saw he was the robber

The Minion sees who the members of the pack are.
  Both Mark and Drogo saw that Dougal and MMCS were wolves

The Seer can scry on one player, or two unclaimed roles.
  CP scryed 2 unclaimed roles - VV and Drunk

The Apprentice Seer scrys on one unclaimed role.
  unclaimed role

The Robber can steal another players role.
  Spruce robbed MMCS and became Mystic Wolf

The Witch can scry on one unclaimed role, but then must turn any player into that role if she does.
  OB turned Caprice into VV

The Troublemaker can blindly swap any two other players.
  Jesse swapped Mark and OB so Mark became witch and OB became minion

The Drunk blindly takes an unclaimed role.
  Unclaimed role so nothing happened here

The Insomniac checks their role again just before Day.
   Me - no one messed with me over night

The 2 vanilla Villagers do not wake, nor does the invulnerable Prince.

• Love 1

So, is this it then?

The Doppelganger (Drogo) copies another role (MarkHB, the Minion), and does that role's Night action immediately if there is one.

The Wolf pack (MMCS, Dougal) gathers and identifies each other.  The sleeping Dreamwolf (egavasc) does not meet the other members of the pack, but they find him her.

The Mystic Wolf (MMCS) then scrys on one other player's role (Spruce, the Robber).

The Minion (MarkHB) sees who the members of the pack are.

The Seer (CuriousParker) can scry on one player, or two unclaimed roles. (Two unclaimed: the Drunk and a VV)

The Apprentice Seer scrys on one unclaimed role. (Unclaimed)

The Robber (TCS) can steal another players role. (MMCS, becoming the Mystic Wolf)

The Witch (Oinky Boinky) can scry on one unclaimed role, but then must turn any player into that role if she does. (She scrys the VV and gives it to caprice, who was already a VV).

The Troublemaker (Jesse) can blindly swap any two other players. (MarkHB and Oinky Boinky, who become the Witch and the Minion respectively)

The Drunk blindly takes an unclaimed role. (Unclaimed)

The Insomniac (Aquarian1) checks their role again just before Day and finds that she is still the Insomniac.

The 2 vanilla Villagers (caprice and caprice) do not wake, nor does the invulnerable Prince (TJtrack99).

• Love 1
7 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

The Minion sees who the members of the pack are.
  Both Mark and Drogo saw that Dougal and MMCS were wolves

And egavasc.  Both Minions saw all 3 Wolves in the pack.  They just didn't know which one was which type.

8 hours ago, egavasc said:

Love a game where the majority of players think they're possibly evil!

Then you'll like another role I haven't introduced yet.  But that'll have to wait for another couple games.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, caprice said:

Almost a full day later....

I've been thinking of putting together a round that would be total gits and shiggles, if I can decide which show to use.

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

What's on the short list, @caprice?

I'm curious too. I was also going to offer to run a One Night round if @SVNBob wanted to try it from the player side rather than the mod. Might even see if I could put a Buffy spin on the Werewolf idea...

• Love 2
12 hours ago, TJtrack99 said:

Well I'll want to have @SVNBob's blessing, of course. (And a copy of all of his notes) 'Tis his game after all. 

Technically, it's not my game.  It belongs to these people, including the pictures of the roles.  All I did was tweak the format a little bit to fit forum play.  (Could have been worse.  I could have tried to introduce Quantum Werewolf to the group.)

So by all means, feel free to run a One Night game if you want to use that format.  That goes for everyone.

On 11/3/2016 at 7:33 AM, SVNBob said:

So by all means, feel free to run a One Night game if you want to use that format.  That goes for everyone.

Then by all means, I'll tentatively open up signups for it. I may try to write a little Buffy one-shot before Night and then after the voting. We'll see how that goes. 

And if anybody has a true Mafia round they want to run, by all means go before me!

I'm away for a long weekend so I'm going to sit this one out, though it sounds fun with that possible Buffy twist.

In other news, @Drogo and I are working on a properly twisted round that might be able to start soonish. We want to whip a few details into shape (heh) before we say more.

• Love 2

Sorry y'all, was away at a conference Monday-Wednesday. Then of course I had election results to ponder. And now my parents are visiting this weekend. Sooo I probably won't want to still until Monday. I could really use more than 7 people too....

• Love 2

The following lists the roles we will use, in the order they perform their actions. (In case it's not obvious, Evil Person = Wolf. Team Sunnydale = Team Village.)

Doppelganger - copies someone else’s role and performs it immediately

Evil Person and Mystic Evil Person - meet up to identify each other

*Mystic Evil Person - may look at one player’s role

Minion - identifies all the Evil People but is unknown to them. If they are DL’ed instead of an Evil Person, then Team Evil will win.

Seer - may look at one player’s role card, or two of the three unused role cards

Robber - may swap their role with that of another player, and if they do, may look at their new role.

Witch - may look at one of the unused roles and, if they do, must then swap it with a player. Thus transforming them into whatever the unused role had been.

Troublemaker - may swap the roles of two other players if they choose to.

Drunk - blindly swaps their role with one of the unused roles

Insomniac - checks their role

The following roles do not wake during dusk/night phases

Cursed - if someone on Team Evil votes for them during the DL phase, they will become a member of Team Evil. (This one is new! @SVNBob thought it would fit well with the theme, refer any questions to him ;) Seems to be like the Recruit from our regular Mafia games.)

Hunter - if they are DL’ed, the person they vote for will also be DL’ed.

Prince - votes to DL them will not count, so the next most votes will get DL’ed. If no one else receives votes, then Team Evil will win.

Vanilla Villager A - nothing

Vanilla Villager B - nothing

Will send out the messages and open the Night probably early tomorrow, so as to leave time for Night actions.

Edited by TJtrack99
  • Love 1