Type keyword(s) to search

One Night Ultimate Werewolf (ONUW) Mafia Games

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I was going to suggest The Dealer: you get to see all the cards after the Insomniac looks at theirs :).

That's MY role.  :)

Since there seem to be no additional players and no objections to the role list, I'll start assigning roles soon.  There's still time to join in and several roles (vanilla Villagers, Hunter, etc.) that can be added.  In the meantime, I'll share the powers of the new roles.

First, the Prince.  I have to quote something that made me laugh when I initially introduced him.

On 9/10/2016 at 9:28 AM, Drogo said:

Don't get me wrong, I fully intend to kill the classy Prince when he gets here.

This is funny because the Prince's power is invulnerability; he can't be killed!  If the Prince receives the most votes, the person with the next most is killed instead.  To balance that somewhat, the Prince does not wake at Night, so he has to rely on everyone else to determine if he is still royalty in the morning.

And new to the Wolf team is the Mystic Wolf.  In addition to knowing the rest of the pack, like a standard Werewolf, she also has an additional power.  She can view the role of another player.  In essence, she is a Seer for the Wolf team.

• Love 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I can make a point - your role list suggestion was posted at1AM.  I see a note at 6AM saying no objections so lets go with that. Maybe your times are different but it says 3 hours ago here. 

I have no objections and I know a one night game can't run 3 days of pre-discussion but did you really want input?

My only suggestion is are we ok knowing there is not one single vanilla role - no one can false claim or is that the point of no VV?

It's your game... and you know best.

I think it sounds fun, as always. Interested to see a new role. Will you still repost a list of all the roles and powers? I suppose with enough searching I could find it in the thread. But you know, lazy.

Been listening to the Galavant season 2 soundtrack on loop for a while now. This is how I picture the Heroes when playing Mafia. (Yes it's supposed to be very reminiscent of "Do You Hear the People Sing?" And yes that is Lee Jordan, I mean, Magnitude, I mean...)

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

I see over 24 hours between Bob's first post (1:21 am Sunday) and his post that replied to me.

Thank you - maybe it is my PC. I was reading everything and refreshing last night until I started watching TWD. Last post then was CP going on the player list. 

This morning I have two new posts just saying 6 hours ago asking for input and 3 hours ago the reply. 

2 hours ago, Oinky Boinky said:

I have no objections and I know a one night game can't run 3 days of pre-discussion but did you really want input?

I did, and still do.  Now that Drogo makes 12, I need to add one more role to the list.  Which means one of the following:

• vanilla Villager

• Hunter

• Bodyguard

• Tanner

• Doppelganger

Personally, I'm leaning toward the Doppelganger and putting in two Villagers instead of the Masons.  But other opinions are welcome.

35 minutes ago, TJtrack99 said:

Will you still repost a list of all the roles and powers?

Once I get the list finalized, I will.  I try to do that at the start of every game as a reminder for everyone, and it's a good signal that the game has begun.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Well, I have something to say about one of you, but I'm waiting to hear how the other night actions shook out.

Good thing you were waiting, because I hadn't officially called Day until just now.

Lets aim for finishing voting by 6 pm EDT on Thursday.  You all are getting good at this game, so I don't need to stretch it out too long.

Here's the list of all the roles in play this time with their Night actions, in the order those actions are taken.

• The Doppelganger copies another role, and does that role's Night action immediately if there is one.
  • The Wolf pack gathers and identifies each other.  The sleeping Dreamwolf does not meet the other members of the pack, but they find him.
  • The Mystic Wolf then scrys on one other player's role.
  • The Minion sees who the members of the pack are.
  • The Seer can scry on one player, or two unclaimed roles.
  • The Apprentice Seer scrys on one unclaimed role.
  • The Robber can steal another players role.
  • The Witch can scry on one unclaimed role, but then must turn any player into that role if she does.
  • The Troublemaker can blindly swap any two other players.
  • The Drunk blindly takes an unclaimed role.
  • The Insomniac checks their role again just before Day.
  • The 2 vanilla Villagers do not wake, nor does the invulnerable Prince.
  • Love 2

My IRL sleeping experience last night:

cant-get-comfty-gif.gif?mtime=2016041417

My in-game sleeping experience during the Night:

raw

Edited to include the reference images (hit Submit instead of Insert Other Media)

Edited by TJtrack99
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Cool. Did you learn anything interesting? Y'know, before I stole your role....

I did. 

So we have:

• caprice - Claiming vanilla?
  • The Crazed Spruce - Claiming Robber (now Seer?)
  • MarkHB
  • aquarian1 - Claiming Insomniac
  • Oinky Boinky
  • Dougal
  • TJtrack99
  • MuuMuuChainSmoker
  • egavasc
  • Jesse Claiming Apprentice Seer? 
  • CP - Claiming Seer (now Robber?)
  • Drogo Claiming Doppelganger (now ??)
  • Love 1

Do we have no Troublemaker? 

Because it's very important that we find out who the Troublemaker swapped before we vote based on who people were or may have been

I know stuff.