Whedonverse Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blondes are overrated.  

::giggle::

My new fave drink, Grapefruit Rum and Seltzer ... yum, bartender please?  Make it a double!!!

Funny, I've been saying the same thing for years. ;)

I'm going to head down to my neighborhood pub and see what they've come up with using that grapefruit rum, because that sounds seriously wonderful.

• Love 3

Sorry I've been gone with no real notice.  My grandma had complications from surgery a week ago and passed away on Monday.  I'm authorizing Spruce to be my proxy.  Spruce, baby, I'll see you in a few days, okay?

• Love 4

Sorry I've been gone with no real notice.  My grandma had complications from surgery a week ago and passed away on Monday.

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss ... my thoughts are with you and your family.

• Love 2

Night 8 - Raising The Stakes
LA Dollhouse

The remainder of SHIELD, as well as Angel, Gunn, Paul, Victor, and Topher cautiously scouted out the surrounding area of the LA Dollhouse. A shout went up from Trip, and the group headed in his direction.

“Found him, Coulson,” Trip greeted the lead agent as he approached. Trip stood over the battered body of Mike Peterson, all lights and motion gone from the form. Coulson shook his head, “Dammit, Mike,” he muttered, “What a waste. We could have helped you. We could have worked together.” Calling over several of the other agents, he directed them to get Mike’s body into the Dollhouse, while instructing Simmons to use the secure comm to ascertain that wherever Ace was, he was safe.

Giles, Angel, and Gunn approached, and Gunn glanced down at the body being lifted on the stretcher. “Whoa, whoa, wait a minute!” he said, grabbing Angel’s arm. “That guy. He looks...he looks just like ME! What the hell?” Fitz stepped up alongside, glanced at the body, then at Gunn. “Didn’t we mention that?” he asked, as he examined the various electronic appendages, and walked alongside the gurney moving Deathlok out of the alley. “No. No you did NOT mention that, thank you, I would remember if you had!” Gunn yelled at his retreating figure.

Coulson joined the group as they began to walk back into the Dollhouse, “We have received word that there was some sort of signal broadcasted in Sunnydale, via the cellular network. Did your folks get out of there yet?” “The last time that I spoke to Faith, they were aboard your Bus, awaiting word on how to proceed,” Giles informed him. “Good. The Bus has the capability to block signals that have the potential to harm. They should be safe there,” Coulson nodded, and Adelle Dewitt met them in the lobby.

“It appears that a remote wiper was used in Sunnydale that was originally developed here,” she announced. Topher Brink stood behind her, shoulders sagging. “The good news is that we know a possible way to stop the signal, and maybe even reverse it,” Adelle continued, with a cool glance at Topher. “The bad news is, we need to get to Sunnydale to do it, and we need to be there an hour ago.”

Coulson pulled out his comm, “Well, I can’t get you there an hour ago, but we should be able to make it before another hour passes. Hope that’s good enough!” Giles shook his head, and muttered under his breath, “When will this all end?”

Spike’s crypt, Sunnydale
As evening fell, Spike looked worriedly out his windows, stating “Lot more traffic out there today. Wonder what’s up.” Dawn also had a curious look on her face. “The people seemed to be searching for something.” At that, Spike just gave her a look. “I think we know what they were looking for,” he said gently. Dawn huffed but realized the vampire was right. She asked “So what should we do? Move? They won’t think to look in a crypt, right? I mean they’re still people, even if they’re mind-controlled.” “I suppose,” replied Spike. “We’re probably safest here-”

He was cut off as a banging started on the door. Spike motioned for Dawn to hide while he slunk back into the shadows. Eventually, the door burst open. John Garrett stepped around the battering ram. “Come out, little key,” he said, drawing his gun. Dawn shook in fear. Garrett continued “I know you’re in here. Thermal scan showed one living being in this dank place. Don’t think a normal person would hide here.”

Dawn rose to her feet, allowing Garrett to spot her. “I’m not normal,” she stated. Garrett smirked as he went to grab her. “We’ll see if you’re this key the crazy lady wants.” Dawn took a fighting stance and said “My sister was a vampire slayer, you don’t think she taught me to fight?” Garrett burst out laughing. “Doesn't matter, kid. I’m a trained government agent. Which is a lot more real than any silly Edward Cullens running around.”

The door to the crypt slammed shut again. “Yeah, he did sort of ruin it for the rest of us,” Spike said sardonically as he stalked toward Garrett. The HYDRA agent shot at the new threat, not that it slowed Spike down at all. The vampire eventually knocked the gun out of Garrett’s hand. “That won’t work.” Garrett tried to think of what worked on vampires - naturally his first thought went to garlic, not exactly helpful here - before he was distracted by having to defend himself.

Garrett was all right at hand-to-hand combat, but Spike had many more years of experience. His strength slowly started winning him the day. Before too long, Spike was in his vampire form, holding Garrett aloft by the neck. He growled as the agent struggled in his hand. “You...have power,” gasped out Garrett. “That’s all...I wanted. Make me...one of you.” Spike just laughed. “Make a known enemy stronger? How stupid do you think I am?” “Yeah, how stupid do you think he is?” added in Dawn, coming out of hiding.

The arrival of an innocent witness made Spike revert back to normal form. “Dawn, I’m killing somebody here.” “I know.” Spike rolled his eyes. “I’m not gonna do it in front of a kid!” Dawn protested “Buffy wouldn't-” but was interrupted by Spike saying “Oh you KNOW she would. Now turn around and cover your ears.” Dawn wanted to protest again but slowly turned around, doing as Spike asked. As soon as he was sure she wasn't looking, Spike looked at Garrett. “Story’s over for you.” And he snapped the rogue agent’s neck, dropping him to the floor. After recovering his breath, Spike went to Dawn and gently touched her shoulder. “It’s done,” he stated when Dawn could hear him again. “We should get out of here,” Dawn stated. “He might have-”

She was interrupted by the door once again crashing inward, this time flying off its hinges. Dawn screamed as Glory stalked into the crypt. “Well well. Two people not under our control and a dead ally. I think he might have been on to something saying The Key was here.” Glory ran forward and grabbed Spike’s neck. “And since you’re a vampire…” She smiled as her other arm pulled out a wooden stake from her back pocket. She sent it in a vicious uppercut right to Spike’s heart. He only had time to gasp before he turned to dust.

Glory’s eyes dropped to Dawn as she concluded “You must be The Key then.” Dawn scrambled backwards but there was nowhere to run or hide. And when her friends entered the trashed crypt later, all they would find there was Garrett’s dead body and no Dawn.

Living Players
1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. The Crazed Spruce
4. Drogo
5. SVNBob
6. photo fox
7. CuriousParker

Killed in Classic Whedon Style
NPC-Bennett Halverson, a HERO. Could have killed you with her brain, if Joss didn’t so enjoy killing characters in front of their loved ones
NPC-Joyce Summers, a HERO. She was a good mom.
Oinky Boinky-Buffy Summers, a HERO and LOVER. The Slayer and a damn good one. Her nemesis-turned-ally Faith brought her first love Angel back to her. Could communicate with ANGEL outside of the game.
TMunz-Cordelia Chase, a HERO and SEER. Had changed since she was last in Sunnydale, and was still learning to work with her new gift. A reformed ‘mean girl,’ the snark remained strong with her. Was told each Night via her visions where the clues in the previous two stories were.
egavasc-Ian Quinn, a VILLAIN and JUST A PRETTY FACE. A rich and powerful enemy of SHIELD. He had become a part of Rossum’s plans to take over the world. Without any exceptional skills, however, he mainly paid for things and helped scheme.
MarkHB-Echo/Caroline Farrell, a HERO and JACK OF ALL TRADES. All of her various imprints had left her with many skills. Each Night, had the option of gaining an extra life, doing a full investigation, or protecting someone else. Each of these powers was ONLY 1 use each. (That is, if she used the extra life and was attacked that Night, she would survive but could not use the extra life again.)
Athena-Lilah Morgan, a VILLAIN and DEALMAKER. As Vice President of Special Projects at Wolfram & Hart, handled a lot of shady dealings. Had a contentious relationship with Angel Investigations in the past, but had been known to put feelings aside to work for a ‘greater good.’ Of course, it WAS her definition of ‘greater good’ so YMMV!  Had an extra 'anonymous' vote to cast for Day lynches; could PM it to us during the time the Day lynch was taking place. (This was in addition to her original vote under her screen name.)
Lisin-Wesley Wyndham-Price, a HERO and EMPATH. As a former member of the Watchers Council, he had seen more than his share of paranormal events. Was adjusting to being the ‘right hand’ at Angel Investigations, and sometimes struggled with holding back from taking the lead. Each Night, could PM us to find out the alignment of another player.
Dougal-Boyd Langton, a VILLAIN and HANDLER. Started working at the L.A. Dollhouse but was actually the head of Rossum, trying to take over the world. His work as a handler for actives led him to become quite protective of those he worked with. Each Night, could PM us the name of 1 other person to protect from harm (via kill that Night and DL the next Day). Could not protect the same person twice in a row.
Lady Calypso-Skye, a HERO and IDENTITY INVESTIGATOR. A hacker that was great at research of public knowledge. Each Night, could PM us the name of someone she’d like to investigate, and we would tell her their identity but not their alignment. She had to judge that for herself.
SilverStormm-Grant Ward, a RECRUITABLE HERO. The shady member of Coulson’s team. Had a lot of loyalty to John Garrett, his original Superior Officer. If he sought out Ward to work with him (investigated him), Ward would join the Villains.
NPC-Whiskey, a VILLAIN. Mainly included because TJ wanted ONE of Amy Acker’s roles in the game.
Jesse-Melinda May, a HERO and PROTECTOR. She was the Cavalry, first into a fight and all-around badass. Each Night, could PM us the name of someone else she’d like to protect from death for that Night and from DL the next Day. Could not protect the same person twice in a row.
JayKay-Mike Peterson/Deathlok, an ANTI-HERO and VIGILANTE. Used to be a normal guy, but his dealings with SHIELD left him scarred and with cybernetic enhancements. Tried to be a HERO this time, and had 3 Night kills to use during the game. But since he’s not really on the side of good, he would be seen as a VILLAIN to those who investigated him.
caprice-John Garrett, a CHARISMATIC VILLAIN and RECRUITER. The “Clairvoyant” that Coulson had been chasing - in reality, all of his knowledge came from being a SHIELD agent. In fact, if someone investigated his alignment, they would think he was a HERO. He is working with these other Villains to take over the world, and is looking for his old recruit, Grant Ward. Each night, could PM us the name of 1 person and we would tell him who it is. If he found Ward, he would be recruited to the Villains.
NPC-Spike, a HERO. If Whedon can needlessly kill him, why can’t we?

24 hours for Night actions. It will end ~4:45 PM Eastern on Thursday at the latest, it may very well be earlier. Oh, and the story did NOT contain a clue, because we were too lazy to include one. So there. Drink up.

• Love 4

Nice touch, using Spike to kill Garrett. :)

Sorry I've been gone with no real notice.  My grandma had complications from surgery a week ago and passed away on Monday.  I'm authorizing Spruce to be my proxy.  Spruce, baby, I'll see you in a few days, okay?

*hugs photo fox*

• Love 4

First things first. 

L O L!!! OMG, I love it. Thanks, TJ and stacey. PERFECT touch. This might go down as my personal favorite Mafia death. :D

And now for the important stuff.

I'm so sorry for your loss, photo fox. Be with your family and know that your Mafia friends are keeping you in their thoughts and prayers.

Oh have you?

As a redheaded woman, yes, blondes are overrated. You, however, are a blond (notice the difference) and are splendiferous.

• Love 5

My deepest condolences...

In my wife's (Austrian) family, when someone passes away and family members visit, they have to take a shot of apricot schnaps and are encouraged to tell their favorite story about the loved one- preferably one no one's heard before- a story only they know about.  

As someone who didn't grow up with much family, I love this tradition. 

A bottle of apricot schnaps for our friend photo fox and her family, barkeep.  ♥

• Love 8

I just want to remind everyone that I'm a Hero in photo's book.  Just throwing it out there in case you missed it.  ;)

Having met you in another forum here, I believe I told you that already. I wouldn't have invited you to join us otherwise. :)

• Love 2

*dances* I loved this song back in the day.

I'm watching the Mad Men marathon. Hey, I don't have to worry about lying to everyone here anymore, so... why not watch people doing it professionally?

• Love 3

Day 9 - Gathering Clouds
Somewhere in the southern California desert

Once again, the Bus touched down outside Sunnydale, and the group disembarked. The Sunnydale contingent started towards them, and Tara hung back for a moment, catching Willow’s eye. “Willow,” she said hesitantly, “I really think I need to go with them to look for Dawn.” “But babe, I really need to work with Fitz and Simmons on this stuff,” Willow said, pushing Tara’s hair back from her face and tucking it behind her ear.

“I know, Willow, you do need to stay here. But I can help. Since we lost contact with Spike, we have no idea what has happened. These guys are good, but they need someone with them who knows Dawn.” “Well, Xander and Anya know Dawn,” Willow quickly pointed out, and Tara shook her head. “Yes, she does, but Xander isn’t exactly known for his...nurturing side, is he? And Anya...” Tara’s voice drifted off. Willow looked doubtful, and as she opened her mouth to counter, Tara quickly added, ”Besides, they need your tech skills, not to mention your magic. You are much stronger than me, and they could really use that right now,” while rubbing Willow’s arm. Willow looked at Tara, and realized that her girlfriend was right.

She reached for Tara, and gave her a long hug. “Okay, but you be careful out there okay?” Tara gave her a nod, and a quick kiss, before heading to join Giles, Gunn, Xander, Angel, and the SHIELD and Dollhouse group gathered under the shade of the Bus. Willow watched Tara melt into the group, and then headed into the Bus to help Fitz and Simmons investigate and analyze the fluids from Echo that seemed to have restorative powers to the signal being sent out.

Coulson outlined what had been discovered by the SHIELD forces who had remained in Sunnydale; when contact with Spike had been lost, they had headed to his crypt, where they found the body of John Garrett. On Garrett’s body had been some evidence of his duplicity, and Coulson was still struggling with that information. There had been no sign of Dawn, and a pile of ash that could be assumed to be the remains of Spike. Coulson spoke calmly, filling in the SHIELD and Dollhouse staffers with the knowledge that Angel and Giles had imparted to him on the trip.

“It is imperative that we find Dawn, and prevent Glory from carrying out her plan,” he ended. “It seems that it is possible she has been working with our enemies, who were not completely aware of her plans. If we aren’t able to stop her, it will be the end of life as we know it.” There was muttering from some of the SHIELD agents; “Didn’t we just hear this speech last week?” one grumbled, and another delivered a swift kick to his leg.

The group was quickly assigned their tasks for the mission, focused on a destination they all agreed would be the most likely place to find Glory, and therefore, Dawn; the tower previously discovered in the heart of the Hellmouth; Sunnydale, California. Adelle joined the group led by Giles, with Victor, Sierra, and Paul Ballard; Angel, Gunn, Anya, and Topher were grouped together with other SHIELD agents; Coulson, in addition to leading the attack, would be leading a group that included Xander, Tara, Trip, and others. After the final terse instructions, they headed to the tower. Once there, they would break up and surround before attacking to take down Glory.

On the way, Tara kept an eye on Xander, who was worrying about Anya out loud to Trip as they walked with the troops. She knew Willow and Xander were closest with Buffy; to them she was precious, dear. The duo had been acting sort of out of character since her death. Tara resolved not to let them feel any more pain. Not if she could help it.

Out of nowhere, a contingent of Glory’s demon buddies leaped from behind the pallets of two-by-fours. “Ambush!” yelled out Coulson as he moved into a defensive stance, fighting against the unworldly brutes. The demons snarled as they attacked the group. Bullets didn’t seem to do much against them. Tara was trying to use her magic to locate a weak spot.

Trip and Coulson were both engaged in fighting the demons hand-to-hand, which is probably how the SHIELD agents missed two demons grabbing Xander and pinning him down. Another stood over him and proclaimed “The Sweaty-Naughty-Feelings-Causing-One demands your deaths. Yours will be a good start.” “Hey! Let me go!” shouted Xander, struggling as the demon suddenly brandished a knife.

Xander’s eyes went wide. Tara knew she couldn’t let him die. Before she could even think she was running forward. She tried to push the demons and get Xander out of the way. There was a piercing pain in her back. And she fell.
~~~
At the Bus, Willow was bent over the computer, hard at work researching based on the information that Fitz and Simmons had been steadily feeding her. An uneasy feeling passed over her. She looked up and at the two scientists across the lab from her, who were talking quietly between themselves, running experiments, all the while sending reams of data to her from their tablets, which added to the pile of data before her on the screen. She looked back to her monitor, and again, the wave passed through her, stronger this time, and she started, before crying out, “Tara!” and then the comm link lit up. Lights flashed and sirens began to blare.

Living Players
1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. Drogo
4. SVNBob
5. photo fox
6. CuriousParker

Killed in Classic Whedon Style
NPC-Bennett Halverson, a HERO. Could have killed you with her brain, if Joss didn’t so enjoy killing characters in front of their loved ones
NPC-Joyce Summers, a HERO. She was a good mom.
Oinky Boinky-Buffy Summers, a HERO and LOVER. The Slayer and a damn good one. Her nemesis-turned-ally Faith brought her first love Angel back to her. Could communicate with ANGEL outside of the game.
TMunz-Cordelia Chase, a HERO and SEER. Had changed since she was last in Sunnydale, and was still learning to work with her new gift. A reformed ‘mean girl,’ the snark remained strong with her. Was told each Night via her visions where the clues in the previous two stories were.
egavasc-Ian Quinn, a VILLAIN and JUST A PRETTY FACE. A rich and powerful enemy of SHIELD. He had become a part of Rossum’s plans to take over the world. Without any exceptional skills, however, he mainly paid for things and helped scheme.
MarkHB-Echo/Caroline Farrell, a HERO and JACK OF ALL TRADES. All of her various imprints had left her with many skills. Each Night, had the option of gaining an extra life, doing a full investigation, or protecting someone else. Each of these powers was ONLY 1 use each. (That is, if she used the extra life and was attacked that Night, she would survive but could not use the extra life again.)
Athena-Lilah Morgan, a VILLAIN and DEALMAKER. As Vice President of Special Projects at Wolfram & Hart, handled a lot of shady dealings. Had a contentious relationship with Angel Investigations in the past, but had been known to put feelings aside to work for a ‘greater good.’ Of course, it WAS her definition of ‘greater good’ so YMMV!  Had an extra 'anonymous' vote to cast for Day lynches; could PM it to us during the time the Day lynch was taking place. (This was in addition to her original vote under her screen name.)
Lisin-Wesley Wyndham-Price, a HERO and EMPATH. As a former member of the Watchers Council, he had seen more than his share of paranormal events. Was adjusting to being the ‘right hand’ at Angel Investigations, and sometimes struggled with holding back from taking the lead. Each Night, could PM us to find out the alignment of another player.
Dougal-Boyd Langton, a VILLAIN and HANDLER. Started working at the L.A. Dollhouse but was actually the head of Rossum, trying to take over the world. His work as a handler for actives led him to become quite protective of those he worked with. Each Night, could PM us the name of 1 other person to protect from harm (via kill that Night and DL the next Day). Could not protect the same person twice in a row.
Lady Calypso-Skye, a HERO and IDENTITY INVESTIGATOR. A hacker that was great at research of public knowledge. Each Night, could PM us the name of someone she’d like to investigate, and we would tell her their identity but not their alignment. She had to judge that for herself.
SilverStormm-Grant Ward, a RECRUITABLE HERO. The shady member of Coulson’s team. Had a lot of loyalty to John Garrett, his original Superior Officer. If he sought out Ward to work with him (investigated him), Ward would join the Villains.
NPC-Whiskey, a VILLAIN. Mainly included because TJ wanted ONE of Amy Acker’s roles in the game.
Jesse-Melinda May, a HERO and PROTECTOR. She was the Cavalry, first into a fight and all-around badass. Each Night, could PM us the name of someone else she’d like to protect from death for that Night and from DL the next Day. Could not protect the same person twice in a row.
JayKay-Mike Peterson/Deathlok, an ANTI-HERO and VIGILANTE. Used to be a normal guy, but his dealings with SHIELD left him scarred and with cybernetic enhancements. Tried to be a HERO this time, and had 3 Night kills to use during the game. But since he’s not really on the side of good, he would be seen as a VILLAIN to those who investigated him.
caprice-John Garrett, a CHARISMATIC VILLAIN and RECRUITER. The “Clairvoyant” that Coulson had been chasing - in reality, all of his knowledge came from being a SHIELD agent. In fact, if someone investigated his alignment, they would think he was a HERO. He is working with these other Villains to take over the world, and is looking for his old recruit, Grant Ward. Each night, could PM us the name of 1 person and we would tell him who it is. If he found Ward, he would be recruited to the Villains.
NPC-Spike, a HERO. If Whedon can needlessly kill him, why can’t we?
The Crazed Spruce-Tara Maclay, a HERO and MASON. A witch who had been passed in ability by her girlfriend Willow. In fact, she knew who WILLOW ROSENBERG was but could not communicate with her.

There is one clue in the story. You have 48 hours for Day, so until 11:30 ET Sunday night.

• Love 5

#1 ... I am SHOCKED I am not dead ... on a side note ... this is the longest I have ever lived in a game ... so there is that. ::giggle::

#2 ... poor TCS ... along with the rest of the heroes that have been so mercilessly killed, your death will be avenged.

#3 ... HA! That is all I will say on the caprice thing. Wait, can I just say I told you so too? ::giggle::

#4 ... It's not like we got anyone else to lynch, so I will join ... let’s hope he dies this time, because if he doesn't, I don’t know how else we are meant to kill him. The vigilante is dead, so what happens then?

Anyway ...

3 to DL Drogo (SVNBob, CuriousParker, BizBuzz) 1 to see if it sticks.

• Love 1

#3 ... HA! That is all I will say on the caprice thing. Wait, can I just say I told you so too? ::giggle::

I was waiting for you to say that. I know I would have had she been a real Hero.
  • Love 3

But.. but..?

Yeah, not so much. Here comes the great and epic part. The finale.

We all know what to do.

1 Drogo (SVNBob) 3 for checkmate.

Ehh, there are enough finales this week. Let's keep this show going for a while.

You guys ARE always talking about avenging, avenging, avenging.

Even though I have never needed friends, I quite enjoyed my villainous brethren...

I think maybe I start avenging, too.

• Love 1