Type keyword(s) to search

Whedonverse Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hozier was all kinds of awesome, I didn't know anything but Take Me to Church, but I can tell you that now I am a rabid fan.

Today is the real reason we are here ... for my daughter to see Fall Out Boy, and for me to see ...

wait for it ...

BOSTON!!!  I think I will die.  Seriously. 

• Love 4

Hozier was all kinds of awesome, I didn't know anything but Take Me to Church, but I can tell you that now I am a rabid fan.

Today is the real reason we are here ... for my daughter to see Fall Out Boy, and for me to see ...

wait for it ...

BOSTON!!!  I think I will die.  Seriously.

And now you sound like Graham Norton making fun of Taylor Swift fans. ;)

Boston? You might be older than me! And until Machiabelly joined us, Mark and I were the "fogies."

I've seen Hozier perform on a couple shows and just love his music.

• Love 2

Caprice, he was sort of amazing, that is for sure.  I had made a deal with my daughter that I would sit through until I heard Take Me to Church, and then go out of the park and sit and drink a beer and wait for them.

I couldn't pry myself away, the guy gave me goose bumps.

Yeah, my daughter is 15, and I was 15 when More Then a Feeling Came out, so it's kind of surreal.  Very weird ... but no matter, I am looking forward to it as if I was 15 again.  ::giggle::

• Love 2

Hozier's a cool guy for sure. I was shocked when I saw him for the first time. Love his whole style.

Oh, and we belong to the same "church." ;)

• Love 2

Night 5 - Retribution
LA Dollhouse

Boyd had navigated the passages of the Dollhouse with consummate skill, however, he hadn’t counted on the increase in security. He eventually ran into a security team, which insisted on transporting him to the safety of Adelle’s office. She greeted him with a nod and then debriefed him on what he had missed, including teaming up with SHIELD and the folks who were visiting from Sunnydale.

“Since Echo was killed by an unknown assailant, and we’ve had an intrusion several times with this blonde girl, we are moving at top speeds, Boyd.” Adelle said as she nodded to the security team when they left her office. “I can understand the need for expediency, Adelle, but I’m not quite sure what you require of me? With Echo dead, I’m a bit at a loss,” Boyd said, hoping his nerves weren’t showing, while he plotted how he could evade the trailing security team, and get out of the Dollhouse. He knew coming back this last time was probably too much.

“You see,” Adelle stated as they headed toward the lab, “we figured that you would be the man to best serve as Caroline’s handler, due to your experience with Echo.” Boyd’s eyes widened in surprise, but he hoped Adelle didn’t notice. “I- I thought the imprint was damaged?” “Oh, it was, but some of our new allies have helped Topher fix it.”

Boyd silently cursed himself - he knew he should have had Whiskey just steal it. Luckily he did have one trick left. Putting his hands in his coat pockets, he grasped a tiny syringe. Inside was a drug that would induce incoherence in the victim. Hopefully he could dose the Doll containing Caroline before she could ID him as the head of Rossum.

The two finally entered the imprinting room. “November here has volunteered to hold Caroline’s imprint,” Adelle told the room, which included Topher, Victor, and Sierra. Willow, Tara, and Fitzsimmons were curious to watch the imprinting process. November herself sat in the chair, her eyes closed as the computer flashed next to her. Eventually it stopped and Topher set the chair back to upright.

“Caroline?” Boyd asked, moving in slowly. Nobody had the angle to see him withdraw the syringe. He kept it between his fingers as he put his hand on November’s shoulder. “Are you there? Do you remember?” He was just about to administer the drug like a clinical viper when-

“Hey!” Boyd was suddenly roughly pulled away, which caused him to drop the syringe. Victor shook him as his arms were restrained. “What was that??” “I was just trying to-” Adelle had picked up the syringe. “A drug. Just like you said he would, Caroline.” Boyd was baffled by that, as November hadn’t said anything yet. He looked around, and everybody seemed to be looking at something else. Boyd followed everyone’s eyes...over to Sierra. She smiled and gave him a sarcastic wave. “Hi there, Mr. President.”

“Well,” Adelle said chipperly, “I think we’ve all seen enough here. Victor, would you take Mr. Langdon here to The Attic?” “If he’s there he just helps Rossum,” said a new voice hoarsely. Everyone turned to see Paul leaning on the doorframe in his hospital gown. “After what he did?” He started to stagger forward, waving off any help walking. “You took her away,” he growled at Boyd. “I didn’t mean to, I was trying-” “I don’t CARE what you were trying!” Paul yelled, suddenly brandishing a gun. “You deserve this!”

Several people yelled at once but nobody could move fast enough to stop Paul from pulling the trigger. And then pulling it again and again until the gun clicked empty. Red quickly filled Boyd’s chest from the many bullet wounds. Victor dropped him to the floor. And then he was dead.
~~~
Far away from the Dollhouse, Glory paused, seeming to sense something. She reached into the back of her pants to find the crumpled files Boyd had stolen. Good, they were still there. “Good thing I took these off of him,” she stated to herself, before tossing her hair, and resuming her hunt.

Between LA and Sunnydale
Coulson ended the link between Adelle Dewitt and rubbed his forehead. “Well, I’ll be damned,” he murmured to himself. “Did you say something, Coulson?” Skye asked from a chair behind him. “Oh, nothing much, Skye. Just catching up with the Dollhouse,” Phil said wearily, as he punched up the next person to connect, and the figure appeared on the screen.

“Phil! How are ya!” a voice boomed out of the speaker. “Well, John, I’ll be a lot better when we can finish this assignment and move on to something more cheerful,” Coulson said to his old SHIELD acquaintance. “How goes the investigation into Ian Quinn’s role in this mess?” Garrett’s brow creased as he replied, “It’s the darndest thing, Phil. They must have been able to wipe their trail from that equipment before we were able to find anything out from it. And between you and I, we know Quinn wasn’t always the brightest guy, so I’m guessing they gave him pretty low level stuff to give him, to prevent this very thing from helping us out in any way.”

“That’s a shame, but we may have to change our course anyway,” Coulson said, “There’s been a development at the Dollhouse. Apparently, one of their people, a Boyd Langton, was actually working with Quinn, Morgan, and this Glory-person. He’s no longer a problem, he was eliminated just a short time ago there,” he finished, distracted just a bit by Skye and Trip behind him, so he missed the slight widening of Garrett’s eyes before he was able to regain control, and resume the bland look he was used to showing the world.

“Big news there, Coulson! I will tell you, we are seeing some signs of trace bits of Extremis here. As you know, that was used in by Project Centipede in a few select cases. One of those -” Garrett looked around him before lowering his voice and leaning forward, “is a case you are familiar with. Mike Peterson ring any bells?”

Coulson felt a surge of regret when he heard Mike’s name. “Yes,” he clipped, “I’m familiar with Mike Peterson’s case. Are you implying he’s somehow involved?” “Now now, Phil. I’m just telling you some facts,” Garrett said, holding his hands up in the universal sign of ‘calm down.’ “It seems that it’s possible that Deathlok was involved in Quinn’s death. I have heard you have a soft spot for Peterson, but we need to keep in mind, he’s not the same kid now he was when you first met him.”

Again, Coulson rubbed his neck, and admitted to himself that Garrett was right. “John, I appreciate the information, and if you will keep us informed on your investigation, that would be helpful,” he said, before severing their link and leaning back in his chair. At the other end of the conversation, John Garrett leaned back and chuckled to himself. “We’ll keep you posted, Coulson. Don’t you worry about that.”

Living Players
1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. The Crazed Spruce
4. SilverStormm
5. Drogo
6. caprice
7. Lady Calypso
8. JayKay
9. SVNBob
10. photo fox
11. CuriousParker
12. Jesse

Killed in Classic Whedon Style
NPC-Bennett Halverson, a HERO. Could have killed you with her brain, if Joss didn’t so enjoy killing characters in front of their loved ones
NPC-Joyce Summers, a HERO. She was a good mom.
Oinky Boinky-Buffy Summers, a HERO and LOVER. The Slayer and a damn good one. Her nemesis-turned-ally Faith brought her first love Angel back to her. Could communicate with ANGEL outside of the game.
TMunz-Cordelia Chase, a HERO and SEER. Had changed since she was last in Sunnydale, and was still learning to work with her new gift. A reformed ‘mean girl,’ the snark remained strong with her. Was told each Night via her visions where the clues in the previous two stories were.
egavasc-Ian Quinn, a VILLAIN and JUST A PRETTY FACE. A rich and powerful enemy of SHIELD. He had become a part of Rossum’s plans to take over the world. Without any exceptional skills, however, he mainly paid for things and helped scheme.
MarkHB-Echo/Caroline Farrell, a HERO and JACK OF ALL TRADES. All of her various imprints had left her with many skills. Each Night, had the option of gaining an extra life, doing a full investigation, or protecting someone else. Each of these powers was ONLY 1 use each. (That is, if she used the extra life and was attacked that Night, she would survive but could not use the extra life again.)
Athena-Lilah Morgan, a VILLAIN and DEALMAKER. As Vice President of Special Projects at Wolfram & Hart, handled a lot of shady dealings. Had a contentious relationship with Angel Investigations in the past, but had been known to put feelings aside to work for a ‘greater good.’ Of course, it WAS her definition of ‘greater good’ so YMMV!  Had an extra 'anonymous' vote to cast for Day lynches; could PM it to us during the time the Day lynch was taking place. (This was in addition to her original vote under her screen name.)
Lisin-Wesley Wyndham-Price, a HERO and EMPATH. As a former member of the Watchers Council, he had seen more than his share of paranormal events. Was adjusting to being the ‘right hand’ at Angel Investigations, and sometimes struggled with holding back from taking the lead. Each Night, could PM us to find out the alignment of another player.
Dougal-Boyd Langton, a VILLAIN and HANDLER. Started working at the L.A. Dollhouse but was actually the head of Rossum, trying to take over the world. His work as a handler for actives led him to become quite protective of those he worked with. Each Night, could PM us the name of 1 other person to protect from harm (via kill that Night and DL the next Day). Could not protect the same person twice in a row.

So 24 hours for Night puts its end around 4:15 PM Eastern on Monday. Get those actions in quick! ;)

Please no game discussion during Night. The previous story contained 1 clue. And the bar is open!

• Love 5

Vague, tentative question for the far distant and very possibly non-existent future: Does anybody else in here watch "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia?"

I'll try one if those grapefruit rums now. Sounds good and I like citrusy stuff.

• Love 2

You won't be disappointed JayKay, its my new fave ... along with an Italian beer called Peroni ...yum!

I haven't watched but I could probably be persuaded ... that had Danny DeVito yes?

• Love 2

I used to watch It's Always Sunny. It fell out of my rotation but I'm always quick with a "Day Man oh oooh oh! Fighter of the Night Man! Oh oooh oh! Champion of the sun"

• Love 3

"Oh oooh oh! You're a master of karate and friendship for everyone!"

Yep, that song is catchy haha. And yep, Biz, that's the one with Danny DeVito. I only asked because it crossed my mind but then I realized that the show is so bizarre and vulgar that if nobody watches it, a game about it would be a trainwreck.

• Love 2

Day 6 - Crossfire

LA Dollhouse

The Bus was firmly secured on the roof of the Dollhouse, and the SHIELD group reunited with Fitz, Simmons, Ward, and May. They all met with their compatriots from the Dollhouse, as well as the Sunnydale contingent. Nothing more had been heard from Angel, Faith, and Gunn, since they left on their merry chase to get Glory as far from the Dollhouse as possible. Everyone was so happy with being reunited with their friends that no one noticed the dark hooded figure who emerged from the Bus and headed to the lower levels of the Dollhouse, looking for a way out.

Adelle, Giles, and Coulson were talking quietly in the security control room, when one of the technicians turned around, and got Adelle’s attention. She stepped forward, “Yes, what is it?” “It sounds like the group that lit out earlier with the, er, deity-creature in pursuit? Well, sounds like she might be back in the building, ma’am,” the young man said. Giles stepped forward, and asked, “They are? What is going on?”

The young man switched the scene on his monitor, and also put the speaker on, and the images were clear, and the sounds were horrifying. The group watched in horror as a worse for the wear Angel, Faith, and Gunn did battle with Glory, along with some of the Dollhouse security team and SHIELD agents. The camera zoomed in on Glory, and information began to stream down the side of the screen: “Girl. Loon.”  Glory threw another security staffer aside, and yelled, “This manicure cost a fortune, and it’s just completely wasted now!” and the display added “Diva.” Adelle punched a button on the console, and issued an announcement throughout the Dollhouse - all personnel to prepare for combat immediately.

Coulson and Giles briefed their teams. “Tara, Willow, I need the two of you to concentrate on finding out if there is a way to use magic to slow Glory down,” he said crisply to the two young women. Turning to Xander, he said, “Let’s see what we can do to help out the SHIELD people.”

Coulson got his crew together and made sure everyone had appropriate weapons. Fitz and Simmons were staying behind to continue to assist Topher in his continued efforts in the lab, but Skye, May, Ward, and Trip were fully locked and loaded. Adelle had Victor ready to lead the group to the lobby and the battlefield.

~~~

Meanwhile in the lobby of the Dollhouse, bodies were beginning to pile up as Glory’s rampage continued. “You have NO IDEA how unhappy you people are making me,” she groused, as she pushed a SHIELD agent into the wall. “All I want is my KEY, dammit! All this other stuff is just a pain, and you just keep getting in my way!”

“We need to keep this going,” Coulson said as the group prepared to enter the fray, and Angel, Faith, and Gunn fell back into the hallway. “She seems to weaken and if we can just keep her from getting another refresher like she apparently got from your friend Wesley, then we just may be able to take her down.” Ward checked his weapon, and then glanced into the lobby. “Uh-oh. Looks like we may have a problem with that,” he said, Coulson looked at him and then craned his neck to see what Ward saw. “Oh, great,” he muttered. “HYDRA is here. Hooray.”

Bullets began to fly fast and furious in the large space, as SHIELD, Dollhouse, and HYDRA reinforcements all began to enter the fray. No one noticed the hooded figure that entered to the side, and stayed in the shadows. Victor saw Whiskey, and yelled, “Whiskey! YOU!” and she took a shot at him, before ducking behind a pillar. Ward and Skye were close on that side as they edged around to try and flank some of the HYDRA troops. Trip and May took the other side of the room, and immediately they each took out several of the HYDRA agents, while getting closer to Glory, at the entry to the lobby.

Skye’s eye caught a movement, and she turned, at once seeing her old friend, and then also his arm raising with the sight of his weapon appearing. “No, Mike, NO!!!” she screamed, as she threw herself towards him, and took the shots full on in her abdomen, dropping to the floor like a stone. Coulson saw from the other side of the room, and yelled, “SKYE!” while Ward turned around, and seeing her on the ground, dropped to his trainee agent’s side.

“Skye, talk to me, you’re gonna be alright,” Ward said, trying to get her attention. He was distracted, and didn’t see Whiskey approach from behind him, aiming her gun at him. Trip saw, and tried to get Ward’s attention, “Grant, behind you--” but it was too late. Whiskey calmly took aim, and shot Ward in the back of his head. “For Boyd,” she seethed. He collapsed immediately onto Skye’s lifeless body.

Trip took aim, and shot Whiskey directly between the eyes. The Doll fell dead in the spot she stood. Deathlok had watched the scene unfold, and slid out the side door, with something almost like a tear in his human eye. “I’m so sorry, Skye,” he whispered as he slid out of the building.

Glory had made her way towards the door, leaving the HYDRA agents to fight. “Man, I really need to get out of here,” she sighed, exhaustion etched on her face. “You are a very annoying group of people, I will tell you that right now. A girl could get really annoyed with the lot of you. But now I need to go find Ben…”

Conference Room, Sunnydale General Hospital

Garrett sat at the table in the room SHIELD had commandeered as a remote base of operations, looking around at all the SHIELD agents, grinning to himself. It helped to be in charge of operations here, so he was able to delete the links to his role from Quinn’s equipment, which led to him being able to report the equipment had no valuable information. One of the agents caught his eye, “Agent Coulson is on the line for you, sir.” “Patch him through,” Garret hand waved at the agent, before turning to the laptop and seeing Coulson’s image pop up.

“You look like hell, Coulson,” Garrett said, taking in the other man’s disheveled appearance. Coulson looked almost haunted, Garrett thought. “We just had a full on firefight down here, Garrett. HYDRA and this Glory-creature. We took a lot of hits, and we lost some good people today.” Garrett edged forward in his chair, hopeful that he was about to get some good news.

“We lost people, eh?” he said, mentally going through the list of SHIELD operatives that were at the Dollhouse. “Anyone close to you, Coulson?” Coulson looked somber. “Yes, 12 total, and we lost two good people off my team today,” he said, and Garrett started to feel a bit uneasy. “Who, May? Trip? Who did we lose, Coulson?”

“Skye,” Coulson ground out, “and Ward. We lost Skye and Ward.” Garrett fought the surge of bile rising in his throat when he heard the second name. Dammit! “You’re right, Coulson, you did lose two good people. Trip and May are alright though?” he asked, hoping he was covering his growing panic. Coulson nodded once, indicating the rest of the team was safe. Garrett severed the connection, and swung his chair around, so the other agents in the room did not see the look on his face. Ward was dead. The opportunity to bring his mentee over to HYDRA was lost.

Living Players

1. BizBuzz

2. Machiabelly

3. The Crazed Spruce

4. Drogo

5. caprice

6. JayKay

7. SVNBob

8. photo fox

9. CuriousParker

10. Jesse

Killed in Classic Whedon Style

NPC-Bennett Halverson, a HERO. Could have killed you with her brain, if Joss didn’t so enjoy killing characters in front of their loved ones

NPC-Joyce Summers, a HERO. She was a good mom.

Oinky Boinky-Buffy Summers, a HERO and LOVER. The Slayer and a damn good one. Her nemesis-turned-ally Faith brought her first love Angel back to her. Could communicate with ANGEL outside of the game.

TMunz-Cordelia Chase, a HERO and SEER. Had changed since she was last in Sunnydale, and was still learning to work with her new gift. A reformed ‘mean girl,’ the snark remained strong with her. Was told each Night via her visions where the clues in the previous two stories were.

egavasc-Ian Quinn, a VILLAIN and JUST A PRETTY FACE. A rich and powerful enemy of SHIELD. He had become a part of Rossum’s plans to take over the world. Without any exceptional skills, however, he mainly paid for things and helped scheme.

MarkHB-Echo/Caroline Farrell, a HERO and JACK OF ALL TRADES. All of her various imprints had left her with many skills. Each Night, had the option of gaining an extra life, doing a full investigation, or protecting someone else. Each of these powers was ONLY 1 use each. (That is, if she used the extra life and was attacked that Night, she would survive but could not use the extra life again.)

Athena-Lilah Morgan, a VILLAIN and DEALMAKER. As Vice President of Special Projects at Wolfram & Hart, handled a lot of shady dealings. Had a contentious relationship with Angel Investigations in the past, but had been known to put feelings aside to work for a ‘greater good.’ Of course, it WAS her definition of ‘greater good’ so YMMV!  Had an extra 'anonymous' vote to cast for Day lynches; could PM it to us during the time the Day lynch was taking place. (This was in addition to her original vote under her screen name.)

Lisin-Wesley Wyndham-Price, a HERO and EMPATH. As a former member of the Watchers Council, he had seen more than his share of paranormal events. Was adjusting to being the ‘right hand’ at Angel Investigations, and sometimes struggled with holding back from taking the lead. Each Night, could PM us to find out the alignment of another player.

Dougal-Boyd Langton, a VILLAIN and HANDLER. Started working at the L.A. Dollhouse but was actually the head of Rossum, trying to take over the world. His work as a handler for actives led him to become quite protective of those he worked with. Each Night, could PM us the name of 1 other person to protect from harm (via kill that Night and DL the next Day). Could not protect the same person twice in a row.

Lady Calypso-Skye, a HERO and IDENTITY INVESTIGATOR. A hacker that was great at research of public knowledge. Each Night, could PM us the name of someone she’d like to investigate, and we would tell her their identity but not their alignment. She had to judge that for herself.

SilverStormm-Grant Ward, a RECRUITABLE HERO. The shady member of Coulson’s team. Had a lot of loyalty to John Garrett, his original Superior Officer. If he sought out Ward to work with him (investigated him), Ward would join the Villains.
NPC-Whiskey, a VILLAIN. Mainly included because TJ wanted ONE of Amy Acker’s roles in the game.

You have 48 Hours for Day. That puts Day at an end at 1:30 PM ET Wednesday. There is one clue in the story.

TJ says the meme he posted was eerily accurate. I also feel that it's totally appropriate! Happy May the Fourth, everyone.

• Love 5

That story was a lot less than pleasant.  And, it would appear that Silver was still a Hero when she died, though clearly I had my doubts about her alignment yesterDay.  I owe her her very own Bottle of Wits toNight... an As You Wish White.  :-\     I'm sure I'll be where she is soon enough for my thick skull. 

I've been waiting for Day to talk to JayKay about these clues from yesterDay..

Coyote - Wile E. Coyote - Wily - Calypso

"Go, devil" - Go-Devil - Sled - Bobsled

Neanderthal - Savage - CSAVAGE

The Neanderthal egevasc/savage clue totally makes sense, and she of course turned out villainous. 

While I don't understand the Calypso/coyote connection and she was exposed as a Hero tonight anyway, "wily" makes me think of foxes.  But I know photo fox has at least one other player who can vouch for her Hero status. 

The Go-Devil sled is something I never would have picked up on, but based on its Wiki page it's a sled used to haul wood after logging.  I wonder if this wasn't a Dougal clue?  Or you could be right and it's a sled clue.   

I gotta say, these are really good clues.  Maybe the best clues I've seen the whole game. 

• Love 2

Thanks, Drogo, but I think posting them backfired and only made Lady Calypso suspect me. I *really* didn't want to close that vote (especially like that) but you guys were one vote from ending Day and I didn't want to be killed without at least posting stuff I'd found but was unsure of.

Egavasc posting that she took a nap was like a siren going off because I'm pretty sure I used that excuse for missing a DL when I was a villain.

After what happened to CP in Day 1 from that parking clue, I'm still a little gunshy on posting stuff that could be convincing.

It freaking sucks that we lost SS, but at least she went out a hero. And R.I.P. Skye, you were the one I wanted to survive the most.

I'd say we've still got two villains out there to worry about.

• Love 2

I just got home ... and as I just completed a nine hour drive, I am in no shape to dig around for clues tonight.

I do want to tell the villains that they need to not be so predictable ... in other words, like I didn't know they would attack SS ... but seriously ... how did we lose two heroes in a night???

Do we have a SK?

Who can help me with why we lost two heroes???

• Love 1

Echo had the ability to either investigate someone, kill someone or protect someone each night. But Echo was a hero- this new player killed a hero. If they spent the first few nights learning, they killed a hero on purpose, not just on a hunch.

What characters are left?

• Love 1
(edited)

Possible characters: 

Heroes: Coulson, May, Adelle, Victor, Fitz, Simmons, Angel, Faith, Gunn, Tara, Willow, Giles, Ballard

Villains: Garrett, Glory

Garrett could be some kind of freelancer? 

(Edited to add Ballard -- also to note that not all of these can be playing characters...)

Edited by Jesse
  • Love 2

Ten players left, so at least 4 of those are NPCs. Not familiar with how SK works- I know in the last game they couldn't recruit, but can they investigate? Or do they kill blindly?

FYI this whole time I thought Whiskey was a PC.

• Love 1

And Trip, right? Is Trip an NPC too? He killed Whiskey, who was an NPC.

I believe I know what happened to Lady Calypso, and it had to do with me. It has to be due to what happened yesterday but I didn't know it was even possible because we'd already lost two investigators. There's hasn't been a character with my abilities in any of the games I've played, so I'm pretty sure TJ was partially referring to my character when he mentioned "twists" early on. But I'm a Hero, even if it's really hard and I'm just a scary lame duck at this point.

I noticed "top speeds" from the Night story, but couldn't find a link to any one. Also, viper - venom, poison, reptile? But nothing there yet. I also want to hear Bob's defense, just to close the book on that sled thing.

• Love 2

And Trip, right? Is Trip an NPC too? He killed Whiskey, who was an NPC.

I believe I know what happened to Lady Calypso, and it had to do with me. It has to be due to what happened yesterday but I didn't know it was even possible because we'd already lost two investigators. There's hasn't been a character with my abilities in any of the games I've played, so I'm pretty sure TJ was partially referring to my character when he mentioned "twists" early on. But I'm a Hero, even if it's really hard and I'm just a scary lame duck at this point.

I noticed "top speeds" from the Night story, but couldn't find a link to any one. Also, viper - venom, poison, reptile? But nothing there yet. I also want to hear Bob's defense, just to close the book on that sled thing.

Oh yeah, Trip -- I guess killed an NPC could mean he is an NPC? But mostly I just lost track of him for a minute,

I'm pretty interested in the bobsled potential clue...

• Love 2

Is Trip an NPC too? He killed Whiskey, who was an NPC.

Hrmm. An NPC (Whiskey) killed SilverStormm? How does that happen?

Going to have to read through old stories and see what else Whiskey's done.

I get a heroic feeling from Bob, plus he won't be on to defend himself until late.. and I think that Go-Devil clue would have been for Dougal, not Bob. (Douglas fir is the number one timber/logging producer in the US according to Wikipedia.)

• Love 1

Cross posted, Jesse. :)

JayKay, "top speeds" makes me think of Top Gun and its famous quote "I feel the need for speed!"- also - Viper was Tom Skerritt's character in TG.

Maverick, Goose, Iceman, Charlie, Stingray, Jester... ?

• Love 1

Even if I'm not ready to eliminate any possible clues/suspects yet, I'd still prefer to wait for Bob anyway. Mostly because it gives me more time to re-read the stories with a much shorter potential villain list in mind.

Drogo, I've never seen Top Gun, but I appreciate alternative interpretations of things that jump out. I'm thinking race cars or race car drivers, so I'll look into that tomorrow.

• Love 1

It's not really a great defense on my part, but it's all truth.  I'm a Hero, and one without any power.  At all.  A Vanilla Townie.  That's why when I created the list of people to observe, I stated that someone else could do better with it than I.  I'd also clue to my identity, but from what I've seen from everyone's comments about the game universe, only one person might get the clues and they're already dead.

The stretch clue of a sled is not pointing to me.  It's a big stretch at that, going from a logging sled to a bobsled.  However, that it's JayKay that found this "clue" pointing to me does prove one thing. Assuming that there are only 2 Villains left, it is the case that those two are not both JayKay and myself.  It is possible that one or the other of us is one of the Villains, but it's most likely that both of us are Heroes. 

I say this because of the last game.  That was the first time JayKay and I were on a Villain team together.  And that was the first game since JayKay started (and I juked the Hell out of her...pun intended) that she hadn't accused me of being evil.  So we know for sure that one of the two of us is a Hero.  And I know I am.  But I'm giving the benefit of doubt and will assume for the moment that it's actually both of us.

That puts my list of Trust/Heroes at 5: myself (naturally), Biz (we all know who she's claiming and there's been no counter-claims), Spruce and the person he knows about (who I'm pretty sure about who it is, and what their identities are), and now Jay.  And of course there's a margin for error of 3 people.

Now, to go back to the thread of investigation I was looking at before.  Here's the completed DL votes, with the added Athena-mous votes noted.

1. Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, Dougal, Lisin, Spruce, egavasc, SilverStormm, photo fox, Athena-mous
  2. Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox, Athena, egavasc, Spruce, Dougal, Athena-mous
  3. Silverstormm, Dougal, BizBuzz, Lisin, JayKay, Drogo, Spruce, Jesse, Athena-mous
  4. SilverStormm, BizBuzz, Jesse, Lisin, Drogo, Lady Calypso, photo fox, Dougal
  5. SilverStormm, CuriousParker, Lady Calypso, BizBuzz, Spruce, Machiabelly, JayKay

Doing this no longer works.  As you all can see, there's no longer a thread connecting all the votes together.  The closest was Dougal, as he was in the first four and the last vote was for him.  I suspect that what happened was the Villain team wised up after I brought this line of investigation forward and made sure to vote in ways to no longer connect the lines.

But to continue on.  The list was Drogo, Spruce, egavasc, Dougal, and photo fox.  And two of them were Villains, egavasc and Dougal.  I've already said I've pulled Spruce from that list.  That would leave Drogo and photo fox.  Spruce said he could vouch for one of them, and I think I know which one.  That leaves this list at one. 

And while looking back at the thread for this info, I came across this:

As for clues, I'm feeling a bit shaky about the photo fox clues. As well as the harder names, there's also the really, really easy names to get things out of, like Spruce and photo fox. I'm feeling more grounded about the Jesse clues, to be perfectly honest.... So I'll be on the hunt for clues and I'll see what I can dig up.

Given her power, I don't think it was the clues that gave her the impressions she had, nor was she clue hunting.  Earlier in the thread, she said she was sure that CP was a Hero.  So I believe that she had "investigated" some of these people, and knew who they were.  Since she also was sure about Spruce, that further clears him to my mind.  Also clear for the same reason.is photo fox.

Two names left; one brought up by Calypso, the other by me.  And I have a gut feeling they're the two we're looking for.  To that end I offer one alternate interpretation of the "clue" at me.  Go-devil, no.  DroGo-devil.  Yes.

I know I don't usually do this.  But I'm pretty sure this time.

1 Drogo (SVNBob) 5 to slay the beast.

• Love 2

What happens when you are so kick butt tired that you fall asleep early?

You get up early. ::giggle::

I was prepared to come in and state my suspicions about Drogo and see where they landed, but SVNBob came and and pretty much stated them for me. I will add a couple of things that will explain my decision to join SVNBob's lynch.  Note to self ... always let SVNBob have a chance to come in and make a statement.  Villain or hero, I do enjoy his musings.  ::giggle::

First ... I have been suspecting of Drogo for quite a while, just had nothing to go on clue wise, so didn't want to start a lynch. But he put the proverbial final nail in the coffin when he went after SS with a DL for no other reason then her well thought out writings against Dougal (at least that is what it looked like from my side of the fence).

Second ... I don't know if caprice is villain or hero, but I felt it very interesting that during the same lynch (against Dougal), she went after Drogo ... now, that made me pause.  Either she was villain and wanted the scent to come off of Dougal, or she was hero and knew something, saw the vote was headed for what she knew was a villain and decided to give us heroes someone else to consider after that lynch was done.  I am opting for the latter.

Third ... I have tangled with Drogo before.  ::giggle::

With that being said ...

2 to DL Drogo (SVNBob, BizBuzz) 4 to see if I am right and Drogo really is another five letter name ... HA!

• Love 1

Note to self ... always let SVNBob have a chance to come in and make a statement.  Villain or hero, I do enjoy his musings.  ::giggle::

True, I can be opinionated and verbose when it comes to this game.  I've always got at least one theory or plan going.  Ask anyone I've teamed with.  And I have to share when a thought strikes me.  Like the alternate explanation for the clue I posted above.  That struck me as I was writing that post.

First ... I have been suspecting of Drogo for quite a while, just had nothing to go on clue wise, so didn't want to start a lynch. But he put the proverbial final nail in the coffin when he went after SS with a DL for no other reason then her well thought out writings against Dougal (at least that is what it looked like from my side of the fence).

This was also on my list against Drogo.  I was saving it for 2 reasons.  One: as a counter-counter-punch for when Drogo inevitably responded to my attack.  Two: verbose.

• Love 3

Well, damn, Bob. But now that Drogo's inclined to knock away clues pointing at you, I don't know what to think. What can I say, you never forget the first time you play Mafia and the person you trust turns out to be the non-metaphorical devil.

It makes me feel better knowing that on the relatively uneventful Drogo wiki page, there's a freakin' "Ferrari 250 GT Drogo" to link to "top speeds."

(http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drogo)

Oh and Lisin cleared caprice before she got taken out, Biz, or else a few of us would still be harping on "cappricio."

I'll vote because everything he said makes sense, not because I trust him. *pouts, kicks dirt*

3 to DL Drogo (SVNBob, BizBuzz, JayKay) 3 to see if Biz is right and Drogo really is another five letter name

• Love 3
(edited)

#That awkward moment when you defend SVNBob against a bobsled clue, then he comes online, points the same clue at you, and starts a DL. 

[Many have been warning me to stop defending people and I probably should have listened.] 

My big mistake:  When Biz and Silver decided that clues weren't as important as voting out inactives, they pinged my radar for not going after a player who hadn't posted/voted the entire game until that point.  So I started a DL on TMunz, who turned out to be a hero and a seer, and I've been on many radars ever since. Also, I've really disliked that every time someone asks for the day to last longer, certain players are not having it.  I like the Day.  Villains like the Night. 

I play aggressive, and if I have to die for it, I have to die for it.  But I've never missed a conversation or a vote- and I might be too present for my own good.  We saw how aggressive play worked out for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and my character's nowhere near the character she is. 

I'm not going to post a major defense because I have seen how those work out, so I'll just say if I were a villain, Silver would still be here.  I wouldn't go after the same person I voted (alone) to DL the day before.  And if "Go-Devil sled/Bobsled" is a reach, then "Go-Devil/Drogo" is a reach, cubed.  You guys could spend half the day pulling every instance of the word "go" out of the stories. 

Going to miss playing with you all, but drinks are on me whatever happens. 

ETA:

But he put the proverbial final nail in the coffin when he went after SS with a DL for no other reason then her well thought out writings against Dougal (at least that is what it looked like from my side of the fence).

I couldnt have cared less about Dougal's DL.  SilverStormm put me on the top of her "Suspect List" and that's why I started a DL on her. 

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 2

Well, damn, Bob. But now that Drogo's inclined to knock away clues pointing at you, I don't know what to think. What can I say, you never forget the first time you play Mafia and the person you trust turns out to be the non-metaphorical devil.

I'll vote because everything he said makes sense, not because I trust him. *pouts, kicks dirt*

Hey now, it was strictly metaphorical.  I'm only evil when cast in the role.  Or like the lady says, "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way."

#That awkward moment when you defend SVNBob against a bobsled clue, then he comes online, points the same clue at you, and starts a DL.

And if "Go-Devil sled/Bobsled" is a reach, then "Go-Devil/Drogo" is a reach, cubed.

To be fair, I agree that the clue is a stretch both ways, for either of us. If it even is a clue.  I truly based everything I said on the trails I was following and the evidence I think I found.  The possible interpretation of that "clue" literally occurred to me while I was writing that.

And speaking of the trails I followed, I made one mistake.  Dougal wasn't the only person to appear on the first 4 lists but not the last.  Drogo also fits that pattern. 

I appreciate what an active player you are, Drogo. Who do you think the remaining villains are?

Believe it or not (either of you), I concur with this.  And I would also like to hear the answer to this question.  I can still be persuaded away from this vote, even if I did start it.

• Love 4

For the record ... after the above, I no longer think that Drogo is another five letter name, however, I still believe he is a villain.  ::giggle::

And another for the record ... I am having fun, I hope everyone else is.

• Love 3

Still a new player here: Is there reason to believe there are actually just the two villains left? I only came up with two on the list of names, but didn't do a thorough review of the stories... 

• Love 3

I appreciate what an active player you are, Drogo. Who do you think the remaining villains are?

Hard question.  I'll tell you this:  there are definitely people I think are heroes.

• Curious Parker - ID'd as Paul Ballard on N1
  • caprice - vouched for by Hero Investigator Lisin
  • Biz - has claimed to be a very recognizable figure from the shows, and I've seen no reason to doubt her, especially since she was forthcoming about her character in the last game also.  No one has cast shade on her claim, and my own radar-pinging for her dissipated when Athena turned out to be a villain. 
  • photo fox and Spruce- vouched as heroes by e/o

I was pretty sure about Bob, but of course now it's hard not to look at him differently.  Who DLs someone who's defending them?  Maybe he thought I was being sarcastic.  I wasn't- I have had a good feeling about Bob this enitre game and I've really looked forward to his nighttime additions.  I still say Bob's a Hero. 

The only people I feel unsure of at this point are Jesse, Machiabelly, and JayKay.

Though I like that you post clues, JayKay, I have to say I wish you'd come forward a little sooner with that egavasc clue.  And the bobsled was a real reach, I said as much last night.  I'm not saying you're a villain- I'm saying I would have preferred DL'ing villain egavasc on a solid clue like Neanderthal/savage instead of whatever poor uninformed voting choice I was making that day.

Hope this helps the survivors. 

• Love 2
(edited)

My thinking is because we know that SilverStormm wasn't recruited, Jesse. If there were 6 villains to start with, a 7th recruitable would have been stacking the deck against the heroes.

ETA: I crossposted again.

I didn't think the egavasc clue was any more valid than the CuriousParker one. It was when she mentioned that she'd missed the Athena (iirc) DL because she took a nap, that I decided to make a precision strike and hope for the best.

Edited by JayKay
  • Love 3

Drogo, up until Day 3, you looked at CP as a villain ... now you think she is a hero?

Nice play my friend, I have to hand it to you, you are good ... all this misdirection ... now you have me questioning all those you mentioned as heroes.  That would be a perfect villain move.

I don't have any doubts about TCS and photo fox being heroes, they vouched for each other.  I don't suspect SVNBob, as that is purely just gut feeling based on watching him play.

With your post, now I don't doubt Jesse, Machiabelly, and JayKay as heroes ... however, I am beginning to have second thoughts about CP and caprice

By the way CP, where are you?

And Drogo, I still think you are a villain.  ::giggle::

• Love 2