Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01/E02: The Stinker Thinker/The Gloomy-Zoomies

• Start Topic

On 9/27/2019 at 3:41 PM, Drogo said:

It's the dead pigeon squished at the bottom of the tearaway box that sets this one just above The Shawshank Redemption in my book. 

giphy.gif

OMG, thanks for pointing that out.  I had missed it when I watched the episode.

My niece, who is a writers assistant in LA, recommended this series to me.  So glad I took her up on it.  Kirsten Dunst is amazing.

• Love 3

I found this today while investigating whether adding Showtime to my Hulu account was worth it....then watched the two free episodes on youtube, and I am IN!

I really hate the way that MLM's work - faking friendship - hoping to reap the profits of ill-advised financial and life "advice".  

A guy at work, ages ago, invited me over for dinner with his wife and new baby.  It really hurt my feelings when the conversation beginning with, "Could you use extra money?" began...

Then, in my 50's, I attended what I thought was an informal Chamber of Commerce event in a rural community that I had recently moved to.  Ha!  I knew, the second I walked in.  Then became cryptically curious.  It was some success program where you just paid, as far as I could tell, for books about success.  And seminars about success.  They watched a video of a guy on a stage who talked about success. And who attributed a P.T. Barnum quote to Abraham Lincoln.  They talked about meeting the founders in the same way a 14 year old talks about meeting the lead singer in their favorite band.  Sooo creepy.  And these people were horse people with beautiful houses and barns; they were not desperate, but they most certainly were lost.

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 3
On 10/16/2019 at 2:11 PM, OldButHappy said:

I found this today while investigating whether adding Showtime to my Hulu account was worth it....then watched the two free episodes on youtube, and I am IN!

I really hate the way that MLM's work - faking friendship - hoping to reap the profits of ill-advised financial and life "advice".  

A guy at work, ages ago, invited me over for dinner with his wife and new baby.  It really hurt my feelings when the conversation beginning with, "Could you use extra money?" began...

Then, in my 50's, I attended what I thought was an informal Chamber of Commerce event in a rural community that I had recently moved to.  Ha!  I knew, the second I walked in.  Then became cryptically curious.  It was some success program where you just paid, as far as I could tell, for books about success.  And seminars about success.  They watched a video of a guy on a stage who talked about success. And who attributed a P.T. Barnum quote to Abraham Lincoln.  They talked about meeting the founders in the same way a 14 year old talks about meeting the lead singer in their favorite band.  Sooo creepy.  And these people were horse people with beautiful houses and barns; they were not desperate, but they most certainly were lost.

I feel like in a modern first world society technology has torn down some of the old institutions of community and people are much lonelier than you would think. I had a bad experience with the church I grew up in and now I avoid churches and religious gatherings like the plague. However, this means that I miss out on the communal bonds that those type of organizations usually form. In the third world there is much more community and exercise ( regular exercise helps with depression) in the process of survival and struggle

MLM companies are extremely insidious and cultist in nature. Most people quit but those that get sucked often end up ruining their lives.

• Love 1