Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Most Likely To Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

I would like to go on the record as saying that I really liked this episode and thought it was pretty near perfect. If Tierney would have had a few slow close-up scenes as she went through the lasers I would have given the episode a score of 10 out of 10, oh well it gets a 9.8 out of 10. The show hit all the major characters, spread the sexy scenes all the way through the episode, kept the pace up, moved the plot along, made the minor characters more interesting, and made callbacks to some major plot points. All without me spotting any inconsistencies in the plot (except for the museum guards inability to clear a building that is on lock-down). Everybody seemed to realize that Jax is only out for herself and called her on her BS ways.

They really need to put a lock on that hologram room door. People shouldn't be able to just wander in like that.

And it's confirmed -- no mention at all of the galaxy-threatening gateway on New Portland.

I'm starting to think that "the attack that killed my parents" is the "Walt !!!" of this show.  Jax has said it so many times.

Jax is still very yelly and judgy -- and apparently has a hidden past as a sexy assassin that even Jax can't remember. 
I'm starting to think that her parents being killed is an implanted memory.  Or maybe that was her father she killed -- who knows for sure ?
We still don't know what Jax/Pandora is -- I hope that they don't drag out that mystery for 5 or 6 seasons (like what Lizzie's real connection to Reddington is on The Blacklist).

The heist at the museum was ridiculous -- a thought-detection lock, then the laser grid, and finally an artificial brain lock.  Sure, why not ?
Considering that all Jax had to do was stand there with a blank look on her face for the thought-detection lock, it was incredible acting. #sarcasm

Tierney was a super hot handler.  How did she even find out about the Tereshkova's black box if only Xander and the Professor knew what it was, and only the Professor knew where it was ?  Because they had to know what it was and where it was before planning the Jintoo heist.  And what does the ETC need the Tereshkova black box info for ?

I predict that the lock for the red key that Tierney gave Jax will probably be located in the next episode.

At least the 'study group' didn't steal a spaceship for once.

Just now, ottoDbusdriver said:

Tierney was a super hot handler.  How did she even find out about the Tereshkova's black box if only Xander and the Professor knew what it was, and only the Professor knew where it was ?

Tierney was probably able to hear Jax yelling about the Tereshkova's black box all the way on her home planet. But seriously, maybe Pilar's computer enhancements aren't as secure as she imagines (to put it as crudely as possible, maybe her backdoor is wide open). Now that would make an interesting episode.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Tierney was a super hot handler.  How did she even find out about the Tereshkova's black box if only Xander and the Professor knew what it was, and only the Professor knew where it was ?

The whole black box plot was ridiculous. Black boxes are designed to be as easy to find as possible. The ones on airplanes are painted bright orange. No way should anyone have been able to claim it was some mundane piece of equipment, and they needed a better explanation of why the group was able to find it when searchers couldn't.

4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

At least the 'study group' didn't steal a spaceship for once.

There was a line or two near the end of a previous episode suggesting that the Professor had arranged to let the group get away with "stealing" a ship. They're overusing the trope of bad guys using unsuspecting good guys for their own purposes.

This series reminds me of the scene in The Big Bang Theory where Penny is shooting Serial Ape-ist 2.

• Love 1

Geez, Jax I want to like you and be invested in your story but you make it so hard. Stop making every single little thing that goes on about you. At least Xander agrees with me about her yelling secrets she knows nothing about in public places. Even if he had wanted to recruit her for his agency so what? Pilar seems like someone they might want. I get that her parents' death is still very raw but it's not her personal right to scream/steal a ship/go on a heist every time she *thinks* some is doing something related to it. Not even interested in her secret past/fate of humanity plot device. 

And yeah that glowing wormhole that took them to wherever should be more on Jax and Xander's minds at least. Especially because it's linked to Jax's parents death. Even if they can't afford to show it more than in the pilot and finale, at least talk about it. That would give them some scenes that aren't Jax yelling at him for doing his job, and she doesn't even know half of what we know. 

• Love 2