Type keyword(s) to search

The Kitchen (2019)

Robert Lynch
  • Start Topic

I was all ready for it when I read a horrible review and saw the 20 something percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes, so I decided to wait until it was streaming.  My friend saw it and said that it was really formulaic--nothing new or special--but did think that the acting was really good among the actresses. 

I liked the movie. I liked Claire becoming more interested and skilled at chopping up bodies. I did feel bad when she was killed. I went back and forth on Kathy. She was smart at times but also naïve at times. She knew enough about the business but not to notice all back stabbing which was very common. I suppose she probably though it would be different since their women or for some reason thinking her husband would be thrilled with her activities. She never seemed to realize her marriage wasn't as great as she thought it was. Ruby was awesome. I was slow picking up only on the second time she was telling Kathy how smart she was that she was up to something and using Kathy either to get what she wanted or as a face while she ran around and did stuff. Watching her kill her mother-in-law was awesome. Then the end when Kathy realized Ruby had their husbands set up.  Rock on Ruby. 

• Love 1