Type keyword(s) to search

Another Life In The Media: Emergency Broadcast

• Start Topic

You know though - with the sleep pods, they can start over with a whole new crew. Keeping Starbuck and Danny Pink. 

That's actually better since she'll return to earth and be the only person who witnessed the planet being destroyed. No one will believe her. (I wouldn't say it was my fault tho). 

Edited by DoctorAtomic

We watched the first episode of Season #2.  It was okay and seemed to go by quickly -- I think of that as a positive when I am expecting more instead of wondering when it's going to end.

They were really clearing out the crew members in this one and setting up the introductions of other crew members to be 'activated'.   I wish they would address the concept of people signing up for a space mission to be kept in cold storage (sleep) until they are needed.  Theoretically, you could get killed in your sleep if the 'awake' team really screws up (and the people on this space ship have managed to get a lot of people killed).

I am trying to find some of the elements of this show as amusing/whimsical instead of irritating.  For example: the alien AI decides to change its appearance based on its new name (interesting) -- but also decides to have highlights in her hair and a cute top to wear (??). 
And if I have learned anything from decades of sci-fi tropes, TPTB decided to get rid of the problematic daughter character on Earth and she will reappear as a grown woman with some type of special abilities. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 1

Maybe there should be a new thread for Season 2 - - tho I don't know it if warrants being separated into individual episodes. 

Episode #2 went by pretty fast (a good sign).  It seems to help that they are not dwelling on things that are happening on Earth. I also realized that the Earth stuff in Season One had a lot to do with Selma Blair's character - who may no longer be available.  The slow stuff was mostly the father/daughter manufactured drama anyways. 

I think it would improve the show if the AI's did not look exactly like just another actor standing in the room.  Maybe some colored contacts or some kind of simplified bodysuit ..?  The AI characters acting so emotional about everything just seems odd. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 2