Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Not In This Kingdom

• Start Topic

Rebb (guest star Lilli Hollunder) goes behind Talon's (Jessica Green) back to offer Gwynn (Imogen Waterhouse) a powerful army. Tobin (guest star Aaron Fontaine) courts Gwynn but his roguish behavior gets in the way. Naya (guest star Amita Suman) is tasked with reshaping Janzo (Anand Desai-Barochia) so Talon will see him in a new light.

Airdate: July 25, 2019

I can't believe they were stupid enough to leave all those demon names out on table. Talon and Janzo should have at least attempted to memorize a few. I am not exactly sure what advantage Rebb got from killing the Dragman or burning the demon names.

12 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I can't believe they were stupid enough to leave all those demon names out on table.

I can't believe they had them on individual little pieces of paper. As soon as I saw that I knew something would happen to them.

(edited)

I think there should be a thread in this forum titled "I Can't Believe..." 😉 (joking - kinda)

I can't believe that Talon even considered giving Rebb that thing in her head (can't remember what it's called).

I can't believe that Garrett believed even a little that female healer's story about her dead husband.

I can't believe that the show is probably going to go with the old plot device of the (eventually) brainwashed hero going back to The Outpost like a Trojan Horse or tracker-jacked Peeta.

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

To continue the theme:

I can't believe:

1. Talon and Janzo didn't write the names on one piece of paper.
  2. Didn't hide said piece of paper.
  3. Memorize one demon name.
  4. Talon thought giving the thingy in her head to Rebb was a good idea.
  5. Talon didn't realize what Janzo was doing with the whole "your eyes...."
  6. I'm supposed to care that serving lady is in love with Janzo.
  7. Garrett is that stupid..... Wait... I take that back I do believe Garrett is stupid enough to fall for healers story. 
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Fireball said:

I'm supposed to care that serving lady is in love with Janzo.

The serving lady is betraying the Princess because Dred was supposed to do something for her (free her family or some such, can't quite remeber), but Dred is now not in a postition to do anything, including lie down. The serving lady can be turned to the other side if she finds out about Dred or if her position might harm Janzo.

1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

The serving lady is betraying the Princess because Dred was supposed to do something for her (free her family or some such, can't quite remeber), but Dred is now not in a postition to do anything, including lie down. The serving lady can be turned to the other side if she finds out about Dred or if her position might harm Janzo.

Oh I know all that. I still can't believe I'm supposed to care that the poor thing is in love with Janzo and he can't tell.

(edited)
19 hours ago, Fireball said:

Oh I know all that. I still can't believe I'm supposed to care that the poor thing is in love with Janzo and he can't tell.

Yeah, characters on this show display a cartoonish lack of subtlety whenever they are attracted someone. I wanted to roll my eyes into the sun when she bumped into the furniture on her way out. You were just making fun of him 10 min. ago but now you're in love with him after a one minute roleplay? I also think it has unfortunate implications that Janzo, an Indian man, is portrayed as too meek, nerdy, and impotent to be a viable love interest for the badass white lead, so they conveniently introduce an Indian woman who's also socially awkward to be his "attainable" love interest. 

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I also think it has unfortunate implications that Janzo, an Indian man, is portrayed as too meek, nerdy, and impotent to be a viable love interest for the badass white lead, so they conveniently introduce an Indian woman who's also socially awkward to be his "attainable" love interest. 

I don't understand why Janzo can't be a viable love interest. I thought him burying the dragman and saying some words for Talon was a very sweet thing. He also always goes with Talon for support even when he thinks she's making a stupid mistake.

But of course Garrett, the white male, who was in a relationship with Gwynn and tried to get together with Talon is such a better option for Talon.... 🙄 

Edited by Fireball
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Fireball said:

I don't understand why Janzo can't be a viable love interest. I thought him burying the dragman and saying some words for Talon was a very sweet thing. He also always goes with Talon for support even when he thinks she's making a stupid mistake.

But of course Garrett, the white male, who was in a relationship with Gwynn and tried to get together with Talon is such a better option for Talon.... 🙄 

Because Garrett is white and emotionally unavailable, lol. I don't understand the point of even writing the Talon/Janzo kiss to begin with, other than repressed fanboy wish fulfillment, since the narrative loves to remind us that Talon will never be attracted to Janzo and he's basically an asexual child in her eyes.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Yeah, characters on this show display a cartoonish lack of subtlety whenever they are attracted someone. I wanted to roll my eyes into the sun when she bumped into the furniture on her way out. You were just making fun of him 10 min. ago but now you're in love with him after a one minute roleplay?

I noticed the serving lady had an attraction for Janzo long before then, possibly from the other season (I wasn't totally paying attention to exactly when I actually noticed).

• Love 2