Type keyword(s) to search

Shows That: Died Before Their Time, Never Got A Fair Shot, Or Were Ahead Of Their Time

• Start Topic

Expensive because of the different countries, but I figured they have to shoot the same scenes multiple times because of the different characters from each pov.

At least we got the Sense8 movie though - That's the first time he called me his daughter. 

(edited)

I'll Fly Away. It ran for 2 seasons on NBC from 1991 to 1993. Despite being nominated for and winning multiple Emmy and Golden Globe Awards (plus a bunch of other awards), it was still cancelled. At least it got a post cancellation movie in 1993 to provide some closure. The two main leads were Regina Taylor and Sam Waterston.

It was a well acted, well written show which definitely deserved a few more seasons.

Here is the summary of show from it's main wiki page:

"I'll Fly Away is an American television drama series that aired on NBC from October 7, 1991, to February 5, 1993. Set during the late 1950s and early 1960s, in an unspecified Southern U.S. state, it stars Regina Taylor as Lilly Harper, a Black housekeeper for the family of district attorney Forrest Bedford, played by Sam Waterston (the character's name is a twist on the name of Confederate Army General Nathan Bedford Forrest, an early leader of the Ku Klux Klan). As the show progresses, Lilly becomes increasingly involved in the Civil Rights Movement, which eventually pulls in her employer as well."

Edited by Palimelon
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
On 8/26/2024 at 4:01 AM, Palimelon said:

I'll Fly Away. It ran for 2 seasons on NBC from 1991 to 1993. Despite being nominated for and winning multiple Emmy and Golden Globe Awards (plus a bunch of other awards), it was still cancelled. At least it got a post cancellation movie in 1993 to provide some closure. The two main leads were Regina Taylor and Sam Waterston.

It was a well acted, well written show which definitely deserved a few more seasons.

Here is the summary of show from it's main wiki page:

"I'll Fly Away is an American television drama series that aired on NBC from October 7, 1991, to February 5, 1993. Set during the late 1950s and early 1960s, in an unspecified Southern U.S. state, it stars Regina Taylor as Lilly Harper, a Black housekeeper for the family of district attorney Forrest Bedford, played by Sam Waterston (the character's name is a twist on the name of Confederate Army General Nathan Bedford Forrest, an early leader of the Ku Klux Klan). As the show progresses, Lilly becomes increasingly involved in the Civil Rights Movement, which eventually pulls in her employer as well."

I wish I had known about it at the time. It sounds like a great show.

• Like 4