Type keyword(s) to search

Shows That: Died Before Their Time, Never Got A Fair Shot, Or Were Ahead Of Their Time

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, wendyg said:

Is The Addams Family the only show in TV history to be based on a series of New Yorker cartoons?

As far as I know, yes.  But the 60s version of the family was so well done!  I know people will have their favorites, but that version still lives as the yardstick for many.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

i think it was an Aaron spelling production? 

Yes, Titans was an Aaron Spelling show.  I remember that NBC didn't show the last few episodes (two or three) when they cancelled it, so I copied some recordings of some other show for someone in exchange for the remaining episodes so I could complete the episode guide I was doing (I had done some other Spelling shows like 90210 and Melrose).  I don't think the show had any kind of real finale, though I vaguely remember being annoyed by something that happened in one of the subplots.  I think it had to do with John Barrowman's character who pretended to have a child he was separated from in order to impress the woman who was romantically interested in Casper Van Dien's character before he got back with Yasmine's.  I think the woman took him back and I wasn't happy.

• Like 4

I found the before mentioned bikini scene.  End of this episode.  As a teenager watching that Yasmine was so 🔥🔥

But yeah the whole thing is kind of funny now.  Oh honey the flu is going around.  I'm all of a sudden not feeling good.  I gotta stay home.  LOL. 

• Like 2

I remember watching Fastlane when it first started, but I think I kind of lost interest when it switched nights (I think from Wednesday to Friday).  But all I can remember other than the cast is that they had a big warehouse where they stored things they would use for the various cases like weapons and fast cars and stuff and that they referred to it as "the candy store."

• Useful 3

I liked Fastlane and was bummed when it got cancelled. I started watching because I was a fan of Tiffani's since SBTB and knew Bill Bellamy from MTV. I remember when Jenni Garth and her ex-husband Peter Facinelli who was the other main cast member in the show were having marriage troubles and one of my thoughts was about how he was the guy from Fastlane. I think at that time though he was playing a Dr. on the show Nurse Jackie.

• Like 4
On 3/17/2023 at 5:14 AM, KWalkerInc said:

I remember watching Fastlane when it first started, but I think I kind of lost interest when it switched nights (I think from Wednesday to Friday).  But all I can remember other than the cast is that they had a big warehouse where they stored things they would use for the various cases like weapons and fast cars and stuff and that they referred to it as "the candy store."

Yeah from what I recall the show had a Fast and the Furious vibe to it.

Those were a set of movies I started to like long after they came out so the show itself might appeal to me more today 

• Like 2
On 3/13/2023 at 6:51 PM, wendyg said:

Is The Addams Family the only show in TV history to be based on a series of New Yorker cartoons?

I think so. The closest thing I can think of is “Hazel,” which originated as a series of cartoons in the Saturday Evening Post.

• Useful 1

I'm from New Jersey so I'm pretty familiar with the Hurley family.  Danny just won the national championship coaching for Connecticut.

But it made me think of his dad Bob Hurley Sr. the famous high school coach.  He's won like 20 something state championships as a coach.  This told the story of his final season coaching at St. Anthony's and the school closing.  While I wouldn't like playing for a guy like that or working for one either I have to admit I legit felt pain when this was over that he couldn't keep the school.  

So yeah would be good to see a follow up on him or the kids

• Like 1

Does anyone remember The Phoenix? The main character was played by Judson Scott, whose biggest claim to fame was being cast as Kahn's son in Star Trek II. He did the occasional part after that and then kinda disappeared? Which is too bad because he was a pretty, pretty man. The show lasted a whole 5 episode and yet it still remains in my memory. Pretty sure it was never rebroadcast or released on any form of media. I think it was just too esoteric for the ordinary person. There were religious overtones and it was drawn in part from von Däniken's Chariots of the Gods. About 15 years before it's time. 

• Like 1
On 4/11/2023 at 8:29 PM, Vermicious Knid said:

Does anyone remember The Phoenix? The main character was played by Judson Scott, whose biggest claim to fame was being cast as Kahn's son in Star Trek II. He did the occasional part after that and then kinda disappeared? Which is too bad because he was a pretty, pretty man. The show lasted a whole 5 episode and yet it still remains in my memory. Pretty sure it was never rebroadcast or released on any form of media. I think it was just too esoteric for the ordinary person. There were religious overtones and it was drawn in part from von Däniken's Chariots of the Gods. About 15 years before it's time. 

Definitely!!  I watched the show and was really interested in how it was going to play out (though I do remember an episode in which the character found where his match was supposed to be but finds out at the last minute that she had been moved) and I was disappointed it vanished so quick.  Same for Judson Scott - except for a few roles I caught him in afterwards, he seemed to fall off the radar. 

• Useful 1
On 2/9/2016 at 7:46 AM, Chaos Theory said:

I am rewatching Life on Netflix. Damian Lewis played a cop who spent over a decade in prison for a murder he didn't comit. The show is part procedural and part overreacting story arc. It was one of the better cop shows I have seen but it only lasted two seasonsZ

I just discovered this show on Peacock. It’s terrific. 

• Like 1
On 4/15/2023 at 6:22 PM, BlueSkies said:

I only know of it because it was the last appearance by Andy Kaufman anywhere but The Top looked like a cool show.  It was a very short lived show 

What even is this?  I never heard about it at the time. 

Anyone recall Hudson Street a real short lived show with Tony Danza?  I never watched it but I recall my Dad seemed to think it was pretty good.  

On 3/23/2024 at 1:31 PM, BlueSkies said:

Anyone recall Hudson Street a real short lived show with Tony Danza?  I never watched it but I recall my Dad seemed to think it was pretty good.  

I never watched it but I remember Lori Loughlin was his costar.  

On 3/23/2024 at 1:31 PM, BlueSkies said:

9 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I never watched it but I remember Lori Loughlin was his costar.  

I was excited to see Danza again after Who's the Boss? But he and Loughlin had absolutely NO chemistry and it just wasn't interesing; just like Judith Light's next sitcom with...I want to say...William DeVane? Something about tennis?

But I LOVED her recurring character on L&O: SVU, until I couldn't take the show any more. Her ADA was BADASS!!!! The total opposite of Karen (One Life To Live) and Angela. Judith is just awesome.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

due South was ahead of its time in combining drama and comedy. I just found "North", one of the best episodes, and I'm howling at the ghost dads. It's been years since I've watched an episode and I'd forgotten how much I loved it.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
On 4/13/2024 at 4:30 PM, ABay said:

due South was ahead of its time in combining drama and comedy. I just found "North", one of the best episodes, and I'm howling at the ghost dads. It's been years since I've watched an episode and I'd forgotten how much I loved it.

I adored the first two seasons but stopped watching after they got rid of the original Ray.

• Like 1
On 3/26/2024 at 4:46 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I was excited to see Danza again after Who's the Boss? But he and Loughlin had absolutely NO chemistry and it just wasn't interesing; just like Judith Light's next sitcom with...I want to say...William DeVane? Something about tennis?

Phenom! I actually remember enjoying that, even though I don't think it was on more than a season. Carly Simon sang the theme song.

• Like 2