Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: The Alderman

I thought Gina Torres was the lead on this show. It comes off like she is the co-lead. Could that woman be more stupid having sex with the Mayor? How does she pass over the hot media guy for him?

• Love 1
On 7/17/2019 at 10:08 PM, SimoneS said:

I thought Gina Torres was the lead on this show. It comes off like she is the co-lead. Could that woman be more stupid having sex with the Mayor? How does she pass over the hot media guy for him?

She gets to be the City Attorney at an incredibly young age. 33, I think they said. 

The problem is she doesn't seem to be a very credible antagonist or even obstacle for Jessica.

Besides the press secretary seems to be Jessica's designated love interest once she gets rid of the big lump of boredom known as Jeff Malone.

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Besides the press secretary seems to be Jessica's designated love interest once she gets rid of the big lump of boredom known as Jeff Malone.

Well then, you go, Jessica, get you some of that. I approve.

Edited by SimoneS

I don't think I've seen Bethany Joi Lenz in anything since One Tree Hill from WAY back when I used to watch the show (I moved on after maybe 3 seasons).  Like early 2000s way back.  Anyway, I was laughing at her character's "I'm the city attorney at 33 and didn't get here by being stupid" only to observe her sleeping with the married mayor again by the end of the episode.  Yep, she's smart, but perhaps not in the way she believes.

I hope they move quickly to ally her with Jessica, because I ain't buying the antagonism.  I'm thinking she was a miscast, but maybe she'll grow into it? Not to mention that the actor playing the mayor has more chemistry with Gina Torres.  Though, I kind of think he's a miscast as well.  I've seen a handful of Suits episodes, but I think Gabriel Macht brought the acerbic hubris and bravado that contrasted well against Torres' Jessica.  But it's early days, and there's time for the cast to gel. 

The press secretary is handsome, but I feel like he would burst into tears the minute Jessica made a cutting remark towards him. 

God bless Gina Torres for working those heels! My feet hurt just watching her strut.  I look forward to the fashion!

• Love 1
(edited)

Ugh, I hope not. Jessica's situation at work is precarious enough without her getting involved with someone who's technically a subordinate.

I didn't care for the city attorney character. The actress is trying too hard, IMO. Hopefully she'll calm down in future episodes.

I think my favorite part was the song that played at the end. ☺️

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
On 7/19/2019 at 4:55 PM, ribboninthesky1 said:

I don't think I've seen Bethany Joi Lenz in anything since One Tree Hill from WAY back when I used to watch the show (I moved on after maybe 3 seasons).  Like early 2000s way back.  Anyway, I was laughing at her character's "I'm the city attorney at 33 and didn't get here by being stupid" only to observe her sleeping with the married mayor again by the end of the episode.  Yep, she's smart, but perhaps not in the way she believes.

Yep - poor casting.  I can't see her as anything but Hailey from OTH.  And she was just as stupid back then marrying the d-bag Scott brother at end of sophomore (or was it junior) year of HS.  She has too much of a CW tween drama vibe for me to take her seriously.