Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers for God Friended Me

From TVLine; Season 2 teasers:

For how long will God Friended Me’s Miles and Cara be separated? —Dee

Violett Beane is “hoping for a very long time,” if only “so that I can be in Paris for a long time!” she recently joked to me. But seriously…. The EPs have said that the Paris arc will play out over a few Season 2 episodes, and thus put Cara and Miles to a bit of a test. Taking the writing gig in Europe “was most powerful thing she could have done,” said Beane. “And honestly, both Miles and Kara being mature enough to realize that if she stayed, they would be different people and their relationship would be completely different, was amazing.” As for the friends’ future? “I think that if it’s kismet and meant to be, this will only strengthen them.”

https://tvline.com/2019/06/26/the-flash-season-6-spoilers-new-scientist/

• Love 2

Season 2 premiere photos and episode synopsis are out:

"Joy" -- Miles tries to help the God Account's new friend, Joy (Jessica Lu), figure out what the account wants from her after she receives her first friend suggestion since getting Miles' name -- a soldier on leave in New York.

Also, Simon (Adam Goldberg) helps Cara reconnect with an important person from her past while she's in Paris; Rakesh settles into his new role as head of Research & Development at IdentitySeal; and Trish is concerned when Arthur is reluctant to buy a new home with his fiancée and sell the house where he raised his family, on the second season premiere of GOD FRIENDED ME,

Sunday, Sept. 29 (8:30-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Scenes were filmed on location in Paris.

The photos are mainly Cara and Simon Hayes, and Miles and Joy: https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/08/god-friended-me-episode-201-joy-press.html

115265_2347b_595.jpg

115190_6524b_595.jpg

• Love 1

TVLine's Fall preview has more info and another photo of Miles and Joy:

GOD FRIENDED ME

Hello, God, are you there? In the Season 2 premiere, Miles “has not heard from the God account” in months, co-showrunner Bryan Wynbrandt reveals. “And he also doesn’t know where Joy (Jessica Lu) is.” But Miles does know one thing: He misses helping people. “So he thinks, ‘If I can maybe help [Joy] help our first Friend suggestion of the season, maybe everything will return to normal,’ and the God account will come back to him,” says Wynbrandt.

As for the mystery of who’s behind it all, “As the season unfolds and the God account starts making some moves that are unexpected and starts to involve some people close to Miles, that question will start to ramp up again,” co-showrunner Steven Lilien promises. Meanwhile, Cara’s still thousands of miles away in Paris, which is going to “test” her relationship with Miles.

BONUS SPOILER!: Miles’ sister Ali is getting a meatier storyline. “She has these career aspirations about being a psychologist,” Wynbrandt shares. “She starts to wonder if that is her true path.” Since her brother is a prophet of sorts and her father is a reverend, “we like the idea of hinting that maybe Ali has a call of her own.”

---

I'm glad that they'll have a storyline for Ali!

• Love 2

2.02 episode synopsis out:

The Lady – As Miles wonders what the God Account has in store for him, he and Rakesh help Joy (Jessica Lu) with her new friend suggestion, Teddy (Bryan Greenberg), an aspiring self-help guru. Also, Cara follows a God Account-related lead in Paris, and Ali reveals to Arthur that she’s left Harlem Episcopal for a progressive LGBTQ-friendly congregation,
on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, Oct. 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Scenes from the episode were filmed on location in Paris.
WRITTEN BY: Robert Hull
DIRECTED BY: Darren Grant

• Love 1

Episodes 2.03 and 2.04 synopses:

"From Paris with Love" - Miles reunites with Cara in Paris as they seek to unravel clues from the God Account. In New York, Rakesh helps Joy with her latest friend suggestion, Sarah (Monique Gabriela Curnen), a parking officer who just ticketed Joy, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, Oct. 13 ....

WRITTEN BY: Safia M. Dirie

DIRECTED BY: Marcos Siega

"All Those Yesterdays" - Miles, Cara and Rakesh support Joy (Jessica Lu)
when The God Account sends her a friend suggestion that brings up painful memories for her. Also, Arthur is tempted by a professional opportunity, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, Oct. 20 ...

WRITTEN BY: Matt Ward

DIRECTED BY: Kellie Cyrus

2.05 synopsis:

"The Greater Good" - Miles' world and Arthur's world intersect when the God Account indicates that Bishop Thompson's (K. Todd Freeman) daughter, Claire (Samantha Marie Ware), is in need of help. Also, Jaya's (Shazi Raja) parents, impressed with Rakesh's success, want the pair to move forward in their relationship, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, Oct. 27 (8:30-9:30 PM, ET/8:00-9:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

WRITTEN BY: Logan Slakter

------

[I don't usually post the cast info (should I?), but it's included in the CBS press releases for the episodes.]

Bishop Thompson is a character we meet in 2.04.

Also, Joy isn't listed in cast list for this episode, so it looks like 2.04 might be her last episode for now.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

https://tvline.com/2019/10/14/god-friended-me-tom-everett-scott-cast-cara-stepfather-season-2/

Cara’s family tree is expanding on God Friended Me: Tom Everett Scott (I’m Sorry, Southland) will guest-star on the CBS drama as the young journalist’s stepfather, Paul Levine, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Miles will meet his girlfriend’s stepdad for the first time after learning Paul is his newest Friend suggestion in the second season’s ninth episode. Viewers, of course, will recall that Cara’s mother (played by Dear Evan Hansen‘s Rachel Bay Jones) got remarried and had a daughter after leaving Cara’s father (Alias vet Michael Vartan).

Episode 9 will also feature guest star William Sadler (Power, Roswell) as Reverend Elias, a leader within the Episcopal Church with whom Arthur finds himself at odds.

2.06 synopsis:

"The Fighter" -

The God Account sends Miles the name of Elena (Cynthia Sosa), a social worker who began training in mixed martial arts to help heal the emotional wounds of a traumatic experience. Also, Arthur is torn between a professional opportunity and promises he made to his fiancé, Trish, and Rakesh attempts to track down the artist behind the mysterious painting that Miles and Cara found in Paris,
on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, Nov. 3 (8:30-9:30 PM, ET/8:00-9:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

WRITTEN BY: Kristi Korzec

DIRECTED BY: Rich Newey

Edited by Trini

2.07 and 2.08 synopses:

"Instant Karma" - Miles is confused when Sameer (Vinny Chhibber), a lawyer with financial problems, wants nothing to do with a winning lottery ticket that the God Account helps Miles return to him. Also, Ali opens up to the congregation at the LGBTQ-friendly church she joined, and Audrey (Karine Vanasse), the artist behind the mysterious painting Miles saw in Paris, reveals surprising information behind the work, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, Nov. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST: ...

GUEST CAST:

Karine Vanasse (Audrey Grenelle)
Vinny Chhibber (Sameer)
Vandi Bhatt (Jai)
Toni Dibuono (Judy)
Anne Bates (Dr. Maxwell)
James Lloyd Reynolds (Tim Whitson)
Kapil Bawa (Bodega Owner)
Rob Giumarra (Officer Murphy)
Karim Sioud (Surgeon)
Salwa Khan (Indira)
Shaleen Mulvany (Ms. Hunjan)

WRITTEN BY: Steve Harper

T.R. Knight Guest Stars as Gideon, Who Had Been Helping Friend Suggestions Years Before the God Account Came into Miles' Life

"The Last Grenelle" - Miles is shocked when the clues he began following in Paris lead him to Gideon (T.R. Knight), who had been helping friend suggestions years ago before making a fateful decision to leave the God Account behind, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, Nov. 17 (8:30-9:30 PM, ET/8:00-9:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

RECURRING CAST:

Karine Vanasse (Audrey Grenelle)
Shazi Raja (Jaya)

GUEST CAST:

T.R. Knight (Gideon)
Jennifer Ferrin (Madeline)
Griffin Robert Faulkner (August)
Kiran Merchant (Arun)
Anna George (Sunita)
Phyllis Johnson (Erica Lou Sumrall (Charlie)
Becky Gulsvig (Cheryl)

WRITTEN BY: Carmen Pilar Golden

DIRECTED BY: Lionel Coleman

2.09 synopsis:

Tom Everett Scott Guest Stars as Paul, Cara's Stepfather

"Prophet & Loss" - When Miles gets the name of Cara's stepfather, Paul (Tom Everett Scott)
, they learn that he is potentially involved with an insider trading scheme. But when Cara asks Miles to ignore his urge to intervene, he is forced to choose between her wishes or the God Account, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, Nov. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Tom Everett Scott guest stars as Paul, Cara's stepfather.

RECURRING CAST:

Rachel Bay Jones (Susan)
Eleanor Koski (Liv)
Chris Conroy (Adam)

GUEST CAST:

Tom Everett Scott (Paul)
William Sadler (Rev. Elias)
Christine Bruno (Rev. Wright)
Paco Lozano (Agent Rogers)

DIRECTED BY: Barbara Brown

Joy is back in 2.10:

"High Anxiety" - When Miles grows concerned that the God Account is causing a rift with Cara, he decides to walk away from the account after helping one last friend suggestion, Miguel (Elliot Villar), a window washer with a sick daughter, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, Dec. 8 (8:30-9:30 PM, ET/8:00-9:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

RECURRING CAST:

Jessica Lu (Joy)
Robert McKay (Lester)

GUEST CAST:

Elliot Villar (Miguel)
Erica Camarano (Isabel)
Isabella Mays (Ava)
Jordan Gelber (Dan)
Chance Kelly (Fire Capt. Murphy)
Matt Golden (Father)
Lia Yang (Doctor)
Jay Potter (Bishop Walden)
Eddie K. Robinson (Tom)
Mike Press (Firefighter #1)

WRITTEN BY: Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt

DIRECTED BY: Charissa Sanjarernsuithikul

2.13 synopsis:

RAKESH TAKES THE LEAD ON MILES' LATEST FRIEND SUGGESTION WHEN HIS NEW APP SUGGESTS THAT SHE MAY BE HIS SOULMATE, ON "GOD FRIENDED ME," SUNDAY, FEB. 16

"The Princess and the Hacker" - Rakesh is stunned when his new soulmate app suggests that Lulu (Sibongile Mlambo), the princess of an African nation, is his soulmate, instead of Jaya. So, when the God Account sends Miles Lulu's name, Rakesh takes the lead on figuring out how they can help her. Also, Ali reveals her cancer diagnosis to Arthur and Trish, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, Feb. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

GUEST CAST:

Sibongile Mlambo (Lulu)
Michael Potts (King Omari)
Chris Meyer (Zian)
Kelley Curran (Erin)
Gabrielle Lee (Undersecretary General)
K.K. Moggie (Dr. Chang)

WRITTEN BY: Kristi Korzec

2.14 synopsis; directed by Joe Morton!

MILES IS CONFUSED WHEN THE GOD ACCOUNT SENDS HIM HIS OWN NAME AS A FRIEND SUGGESTION, ON "GOD FRIENDED ME," SUNDAY, FEB. 23

"Raspberry Pie" - Miles is confused when the God Account sends him his own name as a friend suggestion. But when Rakesh discovers that Miles' Facebook account has been cloned and the suggestion was for the fake account, they turn their attention to the hacker, Zack (Chosen Jacobs), a teenage computer prodigy. Also, Ali begins fertility treatments in an effort to freeze her eggs before beginning chemo, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:

Chris Conroy (Adam Grey)
Zach Appleman (Lt. James Freemont)

GUEST CAST:

Kara Royster (Emily)
Chosen Jacobs (Zack Waller)
David Castro (Private Joseph Martinez)
Soraya Broukhim (Raina Abass)
Clem Cheung (Elderly Man)
Hank Strong (Bouncer)
Toni Martin (Nurse)
Brian Cade (Black Suit #1)

WRITTEN BY: Logan Slakter

DIRECTED BY: Joe Morton

• Useful 1

Let me guess, the hacker leads them to another clue to who is really behind the God Account.

Still can't believe this cancer storyline. It's only season 2! Is cancer what killed Miles' and Ali's mother? I don't remember exactly.

Edited by Trini
dropped word
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Trini said:

Let me guess, the hacker leads them to another clue to who is really behind the account.

Still can't believe this cancer storryline. It's only season 2! Is cancer what killed Miles' and Ali's mother? I don't remember exactly.

No, she had cancer and Miles prayed she went into remission but she was killed in a car accident afterwards.

• Useful 2

2.15 synopsis:

MILES TRIES TO CONVINCE A DYING WOMAN THAT THERE'S MORE TO LIVE FOR THAN JUST COMPLETING HER BUCKET LIST, ON "GOD FRIENDED ME," SUNDAY, MARCH 1

"The Last Little Thing" - As Ali begins chemotherapy, Miles is determined to convince Anna (Ruby Modine), a young woman also diagnosed with cancer, that there is more to live for than just completing her bucket list. Also, Miles, Rakesh and Cara venture into an underground poker game as they continue to search for a hacker who may have information on the God Account, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, March 1 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:

Brent Sexton (Ray)

GUEST CAST:

Ruby Modine (Anna)
Tyler Francavilla (James)
Christopher Trindade (Kyle)
Lilly Brown (Mia)
Greg Connolly (Roger)
Regina Schneider (Beth)
Hank Strong (Bouncer)
Samantha Smart (Hostess)
Deb Radloff (Deb)

2.16 synopsis:

"The Atheist Papers" - Miles is crushed when Daryl Watkins (Kevin Carroll), a renowned author and atheist, criticizes Miles' podcast. But he must put aside his wounded pride to help Daryl when the God Account sends Miles his name. Also, Ali tests the waters of a new relationship as she deals with her cancer treatments, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, March 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:

Francesca Ling (Parker)
Chosen Jacobs (Zack)

GUEST CAST:

Kara Royster (Emily)
Kevin Carroll (Daryl Watkins)
Marcy Harriell (Phoebe)
Tonya Pinkins (Marsha)
Presciliana Esparolini (Valerie)
Nelson Ascencio (Asst. Reverend)

WRITTEN BY: Jessica Granger

DIRECTED BY: Erin Richards

3.17 synopsis:

"Harlem Cinema House" -

When the God Account sends Miles the names of three employees of an old movie theater he and Ali used to go to as children, he makes it his mission to help the theater's owner, Mr. Johnson (Frankie Faison), raise the money to save the theater before it closes down, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, March 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

RECURRING CAST:

William Sadler (Rev. Elias)
Robert McKay (Lester)
K.K. Moggie (Dr. Chang)
Kara Royster (Emily)

GUEST CAST:

Frankie Faison (Mr. Johnson)
Nathalie Carvalho (Haley)
Paul Castro Jr. (Leo)
Brandon Ford Green (Kenny)
Jenna D'angelo (Detective)
Dante Sully (Tough Guy)

WRITTEN BY: Pilar Golden and Steve Harper

(edited)

2.18 synopsis:

"Almost Famous" - Ali is hopeful when she's told that she's a candidate for a new drug trial to help with her cancer treatment. But when the God Account suggests that Miles helps Kylie (Taylor Richardson), the daughter of the hospital administrator in charge of the drug trial, Tammy (Amy Acker), he's reluctant to get involved for fear of hurting Ali's chances of being accepted,

on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, March 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

RECURRING CAST:

K.K. Moggie (Dr. Chang)
Chris Conroy (Adam)
Cornelius Smith, Jr. (Corey)

GUEST CAST:

Amy Acker (Tammy)
Taylor Richardson (Kylie)
Karen Dukes (Alex)
Tonya Pinkins (Marsha)
Ian Bedford (Agent Pelham)
Matt Giroveanu (Process Server)

WRITTEN BY: Joe Webb and Brian Ford Sullivan

DIRECTED BY: Gregory Smith

Edited by Trini

I missed this bit of news from February : 'Cornelius Smith Jr. cast in Key Recurring Role'

TV Insider has learned exclusively that Scandal's Cornelius Smith, Jr. will recur as Corey Smith, the estranged son of Alphonse Jefferies (Carl Lumbly), who "has a deep tie to the God Account." With his help, Miles is going to take a big step closer to unmasking the person behind the God Account. Corey plays a pivotal role in the final five episodes of the second season.

So his first episode is in 2.18, on March 29.

• Useful 1

Next episode synopsis:

MILES AND THE GOD SQUAD TRY TO STAY A STEP AHEAD OF A BOUNTY HUNTER WHO'S SEARCHING FOR MILES' NEW FRIEND SUGGESTION, A PETTY CRIMINAL-TURNED-FUGITIVE, ON "GOD FRIENDED ME," SUNDAY, APRIL 12

"The Fugitive" - Miles, Cara and Rakesh try to stay a step ahead of a bounty hunter, Bonnie (Erica Tazel), who's searching for Miles' new friend suggestion, a petty criminal-turned-fugitive for evading court. Also, when Miles loses interest in who's behind the God Account, Rakesh intensifies the search by planning to hack a powerful government super computer that can break through the Account's firewall, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, April 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST: <...>

RECURRING CAST:

Chris Conroy (Adam)

GUEST CAST:

Keenan Jolliff (Russell)
Erica Tazel (Bonnie)
Chosen Jacobs (Zack)
Vinny Chhibber (Sameer)
Vandit Bhatt (Jai)
Toni Di Buono (Judy)
Justin Hagan (Gil)
Jammie Patton (Vicky)
Maceo Oliver (Judge Hawkins)
Tracey Sallows (Joan)
Dina Laura (Bailiff)
Blake Williams (Man)

WRITTEN BY: Richard Lowe

DIRECTED BY: Bola Ogun

2.20 synopsis (How many more are left??):

"Collateral Damage" - Miles weighs the consequences of carrying out the God Account's wishes when his new friend suggestion, Trevor (Ben Rappaport), alleges Miles ruined his life when he helped Rose (Emma Thorne) reunite with Lt. Freemont (Zach Appleman), her former love and a previous friend suggestion. As Miles tries to help Trevor resolve his feelings for Rose on the eve of her wedding, he realizes he has lingering feelings of his own for Cara, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, April 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

RECURRING CAST:

Chris Conroy (Adam)

GUEST CAST:

Ben Rappaport (Trevor)
Emma Thorne (Rose)
Zach Appleman (Lt. Freemont)
Kara Royster (Emily)
Chosen Jacobs (Zack)
Jon Shaver (Charles Stephenson)
Mimi Gianopulos (Marla Fields)
Madeline Grey DeFreece (Listener)
Meltem Gulturk (Listener)
Rushanna Lewis (Receptionist)

STORY BY: Brett Ryland

WRITTEN BY: Lydia Teffera & Sam Lifshutz

DIRECTED BY: Darren Grant

------

Miles "realizes he has lingering feelings of his own for Cara" -- UM, it's not like they ever showed that feelings went away?? They're just not together because... *Reasons*?? GA said so??

It sucks* that because production shut down, the season is probably going to end with this silly storyline still going on.

*(obviously not as much as a pandemic)

• Love 1

With the shutdowns, I'm actually amazed that the season will end with 22 episodes.

Since it's now a series finale, I'm wondering how much of the ongoing arcs they can wrap up - satisfyingly?

There's:

• who or what is behind the God Account,
  • getting Miles and Cara back together,
  • Ali's cancer,
  • getting Rakesh and Jaya back together,

I think that's all. Plus maybe connecting several previous friend suggestions together??

They are going to have to give some definitive answer about the GA; whether it's a person(s) or God or an AI. But there's also a real chance that they don't want to define it, and they make it some mixture of code and the divine. (Which is how the GA acts in the show, but that doesn't mean that will be the explanation.)

Even though they fumbled the execution this season, I do think they want Miles and Cara together, so I'm assuming they couple up again by the end.

Rakesh/Jaya have been mostly forgetten; so I don't have a firm theory about what they'll do with them. I can see them going either way: getting engaged or both moving on. ... If they actually decide to go back to that arc.

With Ali, she's not going to die, so either she ends the show still in treatment, or there's a miraculous remission. ... Or she's in recovery/remission in a flash forward? Also they might have that woman she tried to date before come around again.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Trini said:

With the shutdowns, I'm actually amazed that the season will end with 22 episodes.

Since it's now a series finale, I'm wondering how much of the ongoing arcs they can wrap up - satisfyingly?

There's:

• who or what is behind the God Account,
  • getting Miles and Cara back together,
  • Ali's cancer,
  • getting Rakesh and Jaya back together,

You just reminded me how many things need to be tied up in this series.  Given the few episodes left, I kind of wonder if any of them will be wrapped up to anyone's satisfaction.  I hate when shows plod along like they have forever to resolve everything but leave it until the last episode to do so.  I remember how unsatisfying that was with "The Middle".  And with that show they had plenty of notice to write the end of the series so as to prevent that.

I'm a bit confused - did the show get cancelled before the pandemic hit? If so - that was a baffling decision or maybe not since I don't know how it did rating-wise. Or is this another infamous example of a high-concept show that started with an intriguing premise yet nobody knew how it should end and they were just making it up as they went along and in the end the network pulled the plug because it would tank for good?

As for ending things in two episodes: I guess there will be a time-jump? Otherwise I can't imagine a halfway decent denouement to the many plots.

5 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I'm a bit confused - did the show get cancelled before the pandemic hit? If so - that was a baffling decision or maybe not since I don't know how it did rating-wise.

According to the Deadline article, the showrunners had advance notice. Scripts are written months ahead, so it must have been before the pandemic.

It was in the middle range of CBS ratings; a couple of ratings sites I look at had it as more likely to be renewed than not.

• Love 1

Synopsis for the final 😭  two episodes are out; in one press release, but I'm separating them:

"GOD FRIENDED ME" TO BROADCAST TWO-HOUR SERIES FINALE WITH BACK-TO-BACK EPISODES ON SUNDAY, APRIL 26

MILES HELPS HIS NEW FRIEND SUGGESTION, C.J., A YOUNG BOY WHO CLAIMS AN ANGEL WANTS HIM TO REUNITE HIS FATHER, COREY, THE CREATOR OF THE GOD ACCOUNT'S ORIGINAL ALGORITHM, WITH COREY'S ESTRANGED FATHER, ON "GOD FRIENDED ME," SUNDAY, APRIL 26

"Miracles" - Miles helps his new friend suggestion, C.J. (Lonnie Chavis), a young boy who claims an angel wants him to reunite his father, Corey (Cornelius Smith, Jr.), the creator of the God Account's original algorithm, with Corey's estranged father, in the first part of the two-hour series finale of GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, April 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

<...>

GUEST CAST for "Miracles":

Lonnie Chavis (C.J.)
Carl Lumbly (Alphonse)
K.K. Moggie (Dr. Chang)
Natalie Paul (Megan)
Tonya Pinkins (Marsha)
Carey Van Driest (D.A.R.P.A. Member #1)
Joseph Mancuso (Special Agent Cutler)

WRITTEN BY ("Miracles"): Robert Hull

DIRECTED BY ("Miracles"): Victor Nelli, Jr.

RECURRING CAST:

Rachel Bay Jones (Susan)
Shazi Raja (Jaya)
Chosen Jacobs (Zack)
Kara Royster (Emily)
K.K. Moggie (Dr. Chang)

MILES IS FORCED TO EXAMINE HIS LACK OF FAITH MORE THAN EVER BEFORE WHEN THE GOD ACCOUNT SENDS HIM HIS SISTER, ALI, AS A FRIEND SUGGESTION ON THE EVE OF HER CANCER SURGERY, ON "GOD FRIENDED ME," AT A SPECIAL TIME ON SUNDAY, APRIL 26

Episode Written by Executive Producer Steven Lilien and Directed by Executive Producer Bryan Wynbrandt

"The Mountain" - Miles is forced to examine his lack of faith more than ever before when the God Account sends him his sister, Ali, as a friend suggestion on the eve of her cancer surgery, in the second part of the two-hour series finale of GOD FRIENDED ME, at a special time, Sunday, April 26 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Episode written by executive producer Steven Lilien and directed by executive producer Bryan Wynbrandt.

GUEST CAST FOR "The Mountain":

Elliot Villar (Miguel)
Stephen William Tenner (Train Operator)
Eleanor Koski (Liv)
Marcus Burnette (Young Miles)
Grace Porter (Divinity Shop Employee)
Chris Walker (Police Officer)
Alexandra Seal (Paramedic)
Mike Massimino (Passenger 1)
Jamar Greene (Passenger 2)

WRITTEN BY ("The Mountain"): Steven Lilien

DIRECTED BY ("The Mountain"): Bryan Wynbrandt

Edited by Trini
  • Useful 2

So both Jaya and Ali's love interest return; however they decide to resolve things, I'm glad they didn't completely drop those plot points.

And we're getting a flashback to young Miles? Interesting -- I don't think the show has done a flashback before.

I guess surgery is one way to speed up the cancer storyline.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Boofish said:

I still believe Arthur is behind the God account. 

He's on my list of suspects, has been for some time.  I also recently began suspecting Rakesh.  He certainly has the skills.  Maybe Arthur enlisted his help.

• Love 1

Just wanted to say I'm really going to miss this show.  It felt like Person of Interest meets Touched By An Angel.  I've watched from the beginning and didn't realize last night was the series finale until just before it aired.  Some people say the show wandered this season but I personally liked the exploration.  You could certainly see it was taking Miles on a journey to rethink his faith.  My favorite episode in this thread was the ending of the episode with his atheist hero who said that maybe the only difference between God and the God account was one word "account".  I'm glad they were given the opportunity to do a proper finale but this show will be missed.  

• Love 2