Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Sal's Pizza

• Start Topic

When Sal's Pizza burns down and the fire marshal (guest star Patton Oswalt) quickly assumes that the owner is the prime suspect in the investigation, Jake does everything in his power to prove him wrong, even if it means stepping out of his jurisdiction. Meanwhile back at the precinct, chaos ensues when a computer virus publishes everyone's browser history.

Yes, but that then gave us the beautiful visual of Boyle taking a selfie while trying to slide down the pole. I can ALMOST forgive Jake for that, but not quite.

Awesome quotes:

Peralta: Sgt Jeffords search the internet for, “undiscovered muscle.”
Terry: I was working out and saw a muscle in my shoulder that I’d never seen before. I thought it might have been a scientific discovery.

Boone: Let New York’s bravest handle it.
Peralta: You know they only call you that because “New York’s Best at Spraying Stuff with Water” was too wordy.

Savant: It was like taking candy from a baby.
Terry: Why are you giving candy to a baby in the first place? Don’t give candy to a baby! They can’t brush their teeth!

• Love 2

Never re-watched this episode, because I wasn't wild about it the first go around.  Seeing it the second time, my opinion has changed a little bit, but it's still probably on the lower end of the episodes.  The rivalry between Jake/Boyle and Boone/Patton Oswalt was amusing, but the case itself didn't really grab my interest.  But it did lead to the awesome moment, where Jake talks about how important Sal's was to his childhood, Boone starts crying and hugging Jake, grabs Holt in for one, and Holt monotones "There, there, there.", with an annoyed look on his face.  It's hard to describe it, but it's just hilarious the way he says it.

The stuff with Rosa and Amy wasn't the funniest, but I did like seeing the to of them bond.  It was also good to see Amy get humbled, and have her competitiveness come off less funny, and more mean and petty.  Of course, I'm sure she regretted that, once Rosa dragged her out of the station by her ear!

Won't really touch on the Terry/Gina stuff, since I like to remain positive, and I'm just not a fan of Gina.  But Terry crushing the eight-ball with his hand was made of so much win. 

• Love 1
Won't really touch on the Terry/Gina stuff, since I like to remain positive, and I'm just not a fan of Gina.

I kept thinking during last night's episodes how much more I'd love this show if she weren't on it. Apparently, these showrunners have a fondness for pointlessly mean, unfunny, enunciation-challenged ingrates who are inexplicably tolerated and even liked and supported by their victims---er, coworkers. Gina is dangerously close to becoming this show's April Ludgate for me, and I despise April. Fortunately, I love nearly every non-Gina aspect of the show!

I really liked the rest of the episode, though.

• Love 2

Savant: It was like taking candy from a baby.

Terry: Why are you giving candy to a baby in the first place? Don’t give candy to a baby! They can’t brush their teeth!

That was so freakin' hilarious. A great bit of observational humor, plus a nice subtle reference to Terry's (maybe excessive) concern for his baby girls.

I kept thinking during last night's episodes how much more I'd love this show if she weren't on it. Apparently, these showrunners have a fondness for pointlessly mean, unfunny, enunciation-challenged ingrates who are inexplicably tolerated and even liked and supported by their victims---er, coworkers. Gina is dangerously close to becoming this show's April Ludgate for me, and I despise April. Fortunately, I love nearly every non-Gina aspect of the show!

I really liked the rest of the episode, though.

How did I know this was a mstaken post without looking at the user name?

I love April and even I don't care for Gina.

• Love 1

April is a deliberately off-putting person who shows frequent evidence of a kindness that she doesn't want other people to notice. Gina is an awful person who frequently scams others into thinking that her awfulness is somehow part of a larger scheme where she's actually helping them.

• Love 1