Type keyword(s) to search

Mrs. America in the Media: Here She Comes

• Start Topic

Soooo looking forward to this but I HATE that it's going to stream on Hulu which means I'm gonna have to watch their endless ads that always ruin my Handmaid's Tale viewing. I thought it was just going to air on FX. UGH.

Technically this isn't about the tv show, but it's definitely related! Gloria: A Life was an off Broadway play in 2018 starring Christine Lahti as Gloria Steinem (and Bella Abzug makes an appearance in the show). It's now streaming on the PBS website for the next 10 days.

• Useful 1

Julie Taymor's Gloria Steinem Biopic, Starring Julianne Moore, to Be Released on Amazon

Amazon will release Julie Taymor's Gloria Steinem biopic The Glorias on its Prime VIdeo platform beginning September 30. The film debuted at Sundance earlier this year and was originally scheduled to be released in cinemas on September 25.

Based on Steinem's memoir My Life on the Road, The Glorias is written by Taymor and Sarah Ruhl. Spanning five decades, the film has multiple actors playing Steinem at various ages: Ryan Kira Armstrong as Young Gloria, Lulu Wilson as Teen Gloria, Alicia Vikander as Gloria ages 20-40, and Julianne Moore as Steinem through the present.

The cast also includes Bette Midler as Bella Abzug, Janelle Monáe as Dorothy Pitman Hughes, Timothy Hutton as Leo Steinem, Lorraine Toussaint as Florynce Kennedy, Enid Graham as Ruth, Kimberly Guerrero as Wilma Mankiller, Monica Sanchez as Dolores Huerta, and Margo Moorer as Barbara Jordan.

• Useful 1

Variety hosted a conversation featuring the cast and creators. It's about 45 minutes long. 

https://variety.com/video/variety-streaming-room-mrs-america-cast-and-creators-talk-portraying-historical-figures-accurately/

Honestly these Zoom or Skype or whatever they are conversations are the only good thing to have come out of quarantine. They're so much more interesting and enlightening than a 10 minute "interview" on a talk show. 

• Love 1

Critics' Choice Award nominations!

BEST LIMITED SERIES

BEST ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION - Cate Blanchett

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION - Uzo Aduba

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION - Margo Martindale

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION - Tracey Ullman

• Love 2

Costume Designers Guild Award nomination!

Excellence in Period Television
Bridgerton: "Diamond of the First Water" – Ellen Mirojnick & John W. Glaser III
The Crown: "Terra Nullius" – Amy Roberts
Lovecraft Country: "I Am." – Dayna Pink
Mrs. America: "Shirley" – Bina Daigeler
The Queen's Gambit: "End Game" – Gabriele Binder