Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 8

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

Arrow 8x07 - Purgatory

BYRON MANN GUEST STARS – Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) mission takes him to Lian Yu where he tries to ignore the repercussions of the looming Crisis until he receives help from an old friend. Meanwhile, a united Team Arrow faces a recognizable villain.  James Bamford directed the episode written by Rebecca Bellotto & Rebecca Rosenberg (#807). Original airdate 12/3/2019.

Arrow Stars Say Final Day of Filming 'Snuck Up' on Them, Share Favorite Memories (Exclusive)
By TooFab Staff | November 14, 2019
https://toofab.com/2019/11/14/arrow-wraps-final-episode-rick-golzalez-ben-lewis-exclusive/ 

TooFab caught up with stars Rick Gonzalez (AKA Wild Dog) and Ben Lewis (Oliver's son, Will) at the People's Choice Awards on Sunday night, where they talked about their final moments on set.
"Each day has been pretty, it sneaks up on you," Gonzalez said before he wrapped. "We've been numb to it, but each day has been like, remember, it's coming. I just finished a scene on Friday with Julianna Harkavy and we were in tears. Every scene hasn't been easy. I'm hoping we can ease things with some liquor."

Lewis echoed those feelings, also saying "it really snuck up" on him as well. That being said, he can't wait for fans to see everything they've been working on and how it all wraps up.

"It's a short season, which I think is great creatively. I think all the episodes are really vital and important," he explained. "They're so well written, we've been having so much fun playing them."

"But we started shooting in July and here we are in November and I have one scene left, I feel like where did the time go?" he added. "It's been a great season and I can't wait for everyone to see the final episodes that haven't aired yet."

Also, from the video interview in this article:

-- On what is his favorite memory that he'll take with him after he leaves Arrow, BL: "I think just the relationships, honestly. Uh, such a cliche answer, such a cheesy answer! Um, but truly, I mean, I love, um, particularly my Future Team Arrow that I've gotten to work with, which is Kat McNamara, um, and JoJo Jones, and, uh, Andrea Sixtos, um, and now Charlie Barnett. It's been like such a lovely group of people. I think we all just feel so lucky that's there no problems in the group."

Edited by tv echo

However, per MG tweet, the Nov. 14 shoot (with GA statue) was for 809 pickups (not 810)...

Yesterday I caught Arrow filming in a place fans are somewhat familiar with. Arrow had a rare location shoot for their 10th, and final episode of season 8. THEIR FINAL SEASON. This shoot was in Crab Park in Vancouver.
For this night, they were doing scenes where the recently unveiled Oliver Queen statue is in Star City. As opposed to that nights shoot, there was little to no cast here on this evenings shoot. The only cast i am 100% certain of is Katherine McNamara was there as Mia Smoak shooting scenes. It SEEMS a guy is with her in the scene. It COULD be Ben Lewis as William Clayton, but in the photos I have of the scene, and my vision make me  unsure of that.

During the evening, I also saw a woman with darker hair, and a dark jacket on set. I am unsure if it is a character, or simply a stand in for Mia. I watched her do enough takes that I felt like they actually were filming scenes of this woman however. But I could not come up with a clear identity if it was.

Later they seemed to shoot a scene where Mia & the man stand near the statue, and are looking in its general direction. A bit later, they shot a scene where just Mia seemed to be in the scene, and she walks toward the statue at a hurried pace.

Shortly after that, a round of applause went out as crews often do when a cast member wraps. It was the end of the night for Katherine (and if any other cast were there, them too). I made an eager effort to go and try to get near the statue to get a pic of it before they took it down, but they were fast. They had the actual statue removed in mere seconds, and if there was any plates on the bottom piece, they too seemed to be removed by the time I made it in there just a few moments later.

As crew were leaving the location I got 1 final autograph ever from someone on an Arrow set, as Katherine McNamara signed for me as she left for the final time.
After the crew wrapped the statue location, they moved out to the street. This was the scenes I was expecting when I went down there that night. But I got a bit more than I expected.

I went there thinking I would see a car leaving or coming into Star City past the "entering/leaving Star City" signs they have used in this location many times. I joked with someone the other day that for a city as large as Star City, they do seem to only have 1 way in & out, as they always use the same road.

They first did a scene with a motorbike being ridden by a darker haired woman. It was not an actor, it was a stunt team driver. But her hair would have been done to depict whoever it was supposed to be. So it sort of limits the choices down to very few. At first i thought maybe Dinah Drake? But then after talking with someone, they suggested maybe Thea Queen? In either case, since there was no scene with an actual actor, and the stunt person never had the helmet off in the shoot, its hard to know certainly who it is.

After that scene was shot, they did one with a Tesla driving up & down the street a couple times. I didnt know when I was shooting it, and only noticed when I got home & saw it on my computer screen. But if you look closely, the license plate looks futuristic..... so is this a scene for "future Star City"?

They did a few takes of this car driving up & down the street, before director James Bamford, and the cast & crew of Arrow officially, WRAPPED (sorry Marc Guggenheim that no one told you when it actually was wrapping).

There was 1 constant throughout the two scenes that I guess I sort of didnt really point out, and it is frankly why I titled this whole blog as "major spoiler". They drive by a street sign. That sign reads "Oliver Queen Memorial Drive". Unlike the statue, the signed stayed up for about 5 minutes after they wrapped, so I was able to gee a couple photos of it, before a crew member went across the street, pulled it down and started disassembling it.... and just like that, there was evidence they had even filmed a scene with that sign there.

img-6090.jpg

Edited by tv echo

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on This Is Us, Evil, The Good Fight, Manifest, Million Little, HTGAWM, Watchmen, TWD and More
By Michael Ausiello / November 21 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/11/21/how-to-get-away-with-murder-season-6-spoilers-finale-htgawm/ 

Question: I’m a diehard Arrow fan! Do you have any scoop on what’s left of the final season? –Brooke
Ausiello
: Katherine McNamara told Matt Mitovich that having Emily Bett Rickards’ Felicity return for the series finale was “so critical” for the storyline. “It was just lovely to have her back on set,” she also said of her TV mom. “It made even the social aspect of wrapping the show mean so much more because she is so much of what Arrow is and I love Emily to death…. I’m so glad it worked out.”

• Love 1

Audrey Marie Anderson on ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths’ and Finally Getting Her Own Supersuit
BY CHRISTINA RADISH      DECEMBER 5, 2019
https://collider.com/crisis-on-infinite-earths-audrey-marie-anderson-interview/ 

Obviously, there are a lot of storylines to address and wrap up, but by the end of Arrow, will we feel as though we have some sense of where life could go next for Lyla and Diggle?
ANDERSON:
Yes, you’ll get that. They do a good job, towards the end, of really buttoning up a lot of things. You’ll definitely get a sense for where they’re going and where they might pop up again. There’s definitely a sense that you might see something with them again. I don’t know what. I’m not teasing anything. But I’m just saying that there’s just that sense that you can imagine what they’ll be doing.

8x09 - Green Arrow and the Canaries:

STAR CITY 2040 – It’s the year 2040 in Star City and Mia Queen (Katherine McNamara) has everything she could have ever wanted. However, when Laurel (Katie Cassidy) and Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) suddenly show up in her life again, things take a shocking turn and her perfect world is upended. Laurel and Dinah are tracking a kidnapping victim with direct ties to Mia and they need her help. Knowing it will change everything, Mia can’t help but be a hero and she, Laurel and Dinah suit up once again to save the city. Tara Miele directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Marc Guggenheim & Jill Blankenship & Oscar Balderrama (#809). Original airdate 1/21/2020.

Arrow - Episode 8.10 - Fadeout (Series Finale) - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at January 11, 2020 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/01/arrow-episode-810-fadeout-series-finale.html

TUESDAY, JANUARY 28

ONE-HOUR SPECIAL

“Arrow: Hitting the Bullseye” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

A CELEBRATORY EPISODE – Get ready for the finale with cast interviews from Stephen Amell and the cast of “Arrow,” and executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Beth Schwartz. Original airdate 1/28/2020.

SERIES FINALE

“Fadeout” — (9:00-10:01 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

STEPHEN AMELL SIGNS OFF AS THE GREEN ARROW; EMILY BETT RICKARDS RETURNS FOR THE SERIES FINALE OF “ARROW” – After eight seasons, and the launch of countless superheroes, the series wraps up the story of the Green Arrow (Stephen Amell). Emily Bett Rickards returns as Felicity. James Bamford directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Beth Schwartz (#810). Original airdate 1/28/2020.

Edited by tv echo

The introduction of Earth Prime has led to new changes, like baby Sara’s return, Lex Luthor a hero, etc. How will the shows be handling the reveal of the differences going forward? And for a character like Laurel (Katie Cassidy), whose Earth-1 Laurel was killed and has been playing Earth-2 over the past few years, which version is left?

Certainly the question of which Laurel is left is going to be answered very definitively in [“Arrow’s”] Season 8 Episode 9. But the explanation for the result is given very strong in Episode 10. We went into the crossover knowing we would end with the combing of the Earth, and the reboot of the universe. And the way we sort of saw that there is an opportunity going forward after “Crisis” to slowly reveal all of the weird changes. [“Arrow” showrunner] Beth Schwartz and I went into the crossover knowing in the final episode that we wanted to reveal that baby Sara, who was eliminated in “Flashpoint,” was returned to the timeline. That was very important to us. We had actually considered doing it after “Elseworlds” last year, actually, but thought it had more punch if it was a part of the universal reboot of “Crisis.”
https://variety.com/2020/tv/features/crisis-on-infinite-earths-ezra-miller-cameo-marc-guggenheim-interview-1203467952/

The Legends hour establishes that the DC Universe show Stargirl takes place on Earth-2 in the new multiverse. What does that mean for all the characters who were on the old Earth-2, specifically with Earth-2 Laurel who is a major character on Arrow? How is her continued existence explained?
Actually, that question is very directly asked by Laurel herself in the Arrow series finale. There’s actually a really, really poignant scene between her and Paul Blackthorne, who plays her dad, that explains that. Speaking to that larger question, one of the things that really excites all of us involved with the Arrowverse shows is that by rebooting the universe, we’ve given ourselves a new central mystery, which is the question: Okay, what does this new universe look like? You got a little bit of a taste of it in hour 5, and going forward we’re going to continue on all the shows to peel the layers of the onion on what that looks like. That’s really, really exciting for all of us.

Arrow‘s next episode is the Green Arrow & The Canaries backdoor pilot. How does this new Earth-Prime affect Star City 2040 and Mia’s storyline, especially since she wasn’t present in the final two hours?
I don’t want to spoil too much the backdoor pilot. I will say that this universe restart affects the entire universe, which includes the future. I will also say the backdoor pilot gives you a very clear answer to that question.
https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/15/crisis-on-infinite-earths-marc-guggenheim-earth-prime-ezra-miller-mia/

'Crisis on Infinite Earths': Where Was Reverse-Flash? And Iris? Who Is Laurel Now? And More Burning Qs Answered
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 15 2020, 1
https://tvline.com/2020/01/15/crisis-on-infinite-earths-burning-questions-answered-iris-missing-reverse-flash/ 

LEX LUTHOR REGARDED AS NOT JUST A GOOD GUY BUT ‘THE BEST GUY’ IS A FUN THING FOR SUPERGIRL TO PLAY WITH. WILL WE SEE OTHER RIPPLE EFFECTS? IS CONNOR STILL ADOPTED BY JOHN AND LYLA, WILL WE SEE BABY SARA IN 2020…?
“You won’t see Baby Sara in [Arrow] Episode 809 [airing Jan. 21], but we have absolutely talked about how if that [Green Arrow and the Canaries] backdoor pilot goes to series, what does Adult Baby Sara look like — including what we are going to refer to her as. [Laughs]
IS THE LAUREL IN ARROW‘S BACKDOOR PILOT, LIKE, A ‘MERGED COMPOSITE’ OF THE ORIGINAL AND HER EARTH-2 DOPPELGANGER?
“[Episodes] 809 and 810 [aka the series finale airing Jan. 28] will answer that question very definitively. You’ll learn which version of Laurel we have been left with in 809, and you will learn why that is the case in 810.”
SPEAKING OF LAUREL…. WHERE WERE SHE, AND IRIS, AND CISCO, AND MIA? ESPECIALLY IN ‘CRISIS’ PART 5?
“Maybe one day we will tell that story,” Guggenheim hedges, “but again, all of those actors need to be paid, and they need to be paid a crossover rate that is above and beyond their episodic rate. That forces us to make hard financial choices that unfortunately occasionally drive the creative choices.”

Edited by tv echo