Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 8

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

You can also listen to podcast here:
https://www.barstoolsports.com/chicks/rise-shine-colton-vs-rachel-katherine-mcnamara-interview

-- KM: "So my role [of Mia Smoak] is a surprise to me just as much as anyone else. Um, when I first auditioned, I had no idea that I was auditioning for the role of Oliver and Felicity's daughter. Total surprise to me. But, honestly, it's been the greatest journey to take the best parts of both of the characters and weave them into her story. And, you know, last season we got to see Mia really in her element and got to know her a bit and her past. And now this season she has to be on a team for the first time. And being raised by Felicity in isolation, being trained by Nyssa al Ghul, who's an assassin... she doesn't play well with others. And, uh, having to learn how to operate on a team and listen to other people and do all of that, it's sort of creates a new scenario and puts her out of her element in many ways."

-- On how S8 is different from S7, KM: "Well, it's a really special season and that's why I think the fans are going to love it so much. The writers had the opportunity to know that it was the last season. They were able to think, okay, we have 10 episodes, how do we want to close up this story? And they've done that in such a beautiful way. Each episode sort of pays respect to an element that has made Arrow Arrow. So, for example, in the first episode that we saw the other night, it's the pilot and it goes back and brings back Colin Donnell and Susanna Thompson and John Barrowman, who were so iconic in the first couple of seasons. You get to see them again, to see the origins of the story happen all over again in a slightly different way. We start to see that throughout the season. You know, there's - every episode highlights something that's been so instrumental to the journey and, um, adding new people into it and new situations. It's all building up to the Crisis, which is the crossover this year."

-- On whether she does any "crazy stunts," KM: "Oh, yeah. All the time." When asked if she does her stunts all by herself, KM: "A lot of them." She then talked about how her fight training for Shadowhunters helped her on Arrow, although she said that the stunts on Arrow are a "lot more intense." She said that she "loves" doing the stunts.

-- On fans hoping that Mia gets to meet her father, KM: "Are they? ... I think that if that were to happen - and I know it's been rumored, and I can neither confirm or deny - all I can say is, if Mia and Oliver ever did meet, it would rock both of them beyond - beyond comprehension. Just because - especially for Mia, she's had kind of a difficult relationship with her father because she's never had a relationship with her father. You know, he disappeared when she was a baby. And she's grown up living in the shadow of his legacy and living with the fact that he gave up seeing her grow up to save strangers. And that's kind of a thing that she gets it, because growing up the daughter of a vigilante, you understand the concept. But until you live that life, and until you understand the person, you can't really be - come to terms with that. So she's harbored a lot of resentment for her father her whole life. And even though she respects his legacy, it's still difficult, um, because those things are so deep within her very being. Uh, so if that ever did happen, there'd be a lot of - lot of baggage to go through."

-- On the "pretty big character departure" of EBR and how the "set atmosphere" has been without her presence this season, KM: "Emily is such an iconic part of Arrow. Even just on set culture, Emily is the life of the party, always, and just such a light. Um, I had such a wonderful time working with her, and it was such a privilege to get to spend so much time with her last season. Um, and I know Stephen loved working with her as well. So it's - we do feel her absence. Um, and it's felt both in character and in - in social life on set. But what's great about it is that, because she did have such an influence and she left such a mark on it, her absence is almost a character in and of itself. And you see these characters dealing not only with that but the things that they're facing moving forward. And you feel her presence, even though she's not actually there."

-- On "being at the center" of the new spinoff, KM: "Yeah, we're doing a backdoor pilot. (Interviewer asked her to explain what that meant) ... A back door pilot is basically - Episode 9 of Arrow is the first episode after the crossover this season. And what they're doing is showing - it's the beginning of the epilogue of the series. And they're kind of showing the next chapter in Mia's story. And kind of what happens." She then confirmed for the interviewer that that backdoor pilot could then become a spinoff series, "if they so choose." When interviewer then said that it would be a "female-driven" spinoff, KM said: "Yeah, it's really interesting to see what they're going to do. I honestly don't know much yet about it, because it's such a brand new kind of concept. But we're going to see what happens, and it'll be really exciting."

'Arrow' Star Joseph David-Jones Teases Rift With Villainous Brother J.J. (EXCLUSIVE)
BY GABRIELLE BERNARDINI    October 22, 2019
https://www.distractify.com/p/arrow-joseph-david-jones 

‘Arrow’ Star Joseph David-Jones Talks Connor And JJ’s Confrontation, ‘Crisis,’ Mia’s Spinoff
By Nicole Massabrook 10/23/19 
https://www.ibtimes.com/arrow-star-joseph-david-jones-talks-connor-jjs-confrontation-crisis-mias-spinoff-2852167 

Edited by tv echo

Q&A Willa Holland Facts 2019
Insert Coin   Oct. 24, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCINC3nMWp4

-- (Audio is really bad.) Fan mentioned WH's return to Arrow next week (803). WH responded that she hasn't been following what's happening on Arrow since she hasn't been on the show and that "one of the great things about being on full-time hiatus is, I don't have to read anymore." Fan then said something I couldn't make out, and WH said, "I'm dead. Spoiler. Maybe I'm back." Now I can't interpret WH's comment without understanding the fan's preceding comment. 

-- (Again, the audio is so bad that I can't be sure that this is what she said) When fan asked what kind of dying scene she'd like to play, WH said something like she'd like to take out a bad guy in a really cool, badass way and, even though she's already fatally shot, tries to ride off into the sunset for some reason: "I can't say who would, you know, want to keep me alive anymore, but he might be running a production [unintelligible words]."

-- WH mentioned that KC directed the episode that she came back for and had some nice things to say about KC's directorial debut. 

-- WH said that, even though it was her decision to leave Arrow, when she heard the series was ending and she was asked to return, she was happy to. WH: "I always wanted to leave the door open... even if they killed me again."

Arrow star discusses how Crisis On Infinite Earths will affect Star City 2040
BY JOE ANDERTON AND DAVID OPIE  23/10/2019
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a29562312/arrow-crisis-on-infinite-earths-affect-star-city-2040/

Arrow star would be "down" to join Legends of Tomorrow if Canaries spin-off doesn't work out
BY DAISY PHILLIPSON AND DAVID OPIE   24/10/2019
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a29568456/arrow-joseph-david-jones-legends-of-tomorrow-canaries-spin-off/

Edited by tv echo

(Legends Universe)

A reunited Oliver and Thea fight ninjas in Arrow sneak peek
By Chancellor Agard   October 29, 2019
https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/29/arrow-oliver-thea-reunite-clip-season-8/

Even though they haven’t seen each other in two years, it feels as though no time has passed, as you can see in the exclusive sneak peek above that shows them fighting some of Talia al Ghul’s (Lexa Doig) students together. The same can be said of Amell and Hollland, who picked up right where they left off when the cameras started rolling.

“It’s like riding a bike,” Amell tells EW of working with Holland again. “It was like she had never really gone. Our first day on that episode, it was mostly just her and I out walking in the forest, so to speak. We just dropped back into our old ways.”
While Thea has proven time and time again that she can handle herself, that hasn’t stopped Oliver from being over-protective at times. According to Amell, knowing what she’s been through the past two years will help Oliver finally star trusting her completely.

“I think that we finally just cement the fact that Oliver considers her to be her own person and he trusts her implicitly,” says Amell. “He still wants to protect her but what she says goes because she has not been chilling on a beach. She’s been battling and she’s acquitted herself really well. I’m glad he finally came around right in the nick of time.”

Edited by tv echo

Stephen Amell Says Oliver Is 'Flabbergasted' Over that Shocking Arrow Reunion
By Lindsay MacDonald | Oct 29, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/amp/news/arrow-season-8-episode-3-oliver-meets-adult-mia-william/

No doubt the Monitor (Lamonica Garrett) is behind this little twist, but it's impossible to say why he decided to reunite Mia and William with their dead father — or why he dropped them in 2019 to do it. Could they be needed in the upcoming Crisis on Infinite Earths battle?

"That's definitely [the Monitor's] handiwork," LaMonica Garrett told TV Guide. "Everything he does is for a greater cause, and I think the great things that the writers did [...] is every question that's unanswered right now, they tie it up at some point throughout the season or in Crisis. I say this, with the Monitor, everything he does is to bring out something in a character that was missing or that was suppressed, and he goes about his own way of doing it, but ultimately what he needs gets achieved... He is the ultimate chess player."
Garrett also said that we'd get our answers about why Mia, Connor, and William took this time-traveling trip, but we'll have to wait and see how it all pans out. If they are here to stay though, at least Oliver will get some quality time with his kids (grown-up as they may be) before he bites the bullet in the crossover. After he's done picking his jaw up off the floor that is.

"He's flabbergasted, obviously," Stephen Amell told TV Guide of Oliver's emotional state in the aftermath of this little introduction. "He doesn't really know what to do with Mia. I think actually the coolest interaction [...] doesn't actually come between Oliver and Mia, it comes between Oliver and William. The scene, my first sort of big one on one scene with Ben, straight up might be my favorite scene this year."

The Queen family drama truly never ends, does it? Next week's episode will be set entirely in Star City — one of the only episodes this season that is — so we'll no doubt get some relief from the traveling roadshow act Arrow has put on so far this year. Here's hoping Oliver uses his downtime to reconnect with William and get to know the little spitfire that is Mia Smoak.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow 8x05 synopsis:

DON’T LET YOUR PAST DEFINE YOU – Upon learning the key to oppose The Monitor (guest star LaMonica Garrett), Oliver (Stephen Amell) and team return to Russia on a mission to gather the necessary materials. Connor (Joseph David-Jones) reunites with a figure from his past. Laura Belsey directed the episode written by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes (#805). Original airdate 11/19/2019.

Edited by apinknightmare
Updated link

Video was probably recorded on Oct. 30...

RG: "What's up, y'all? I just wanted to shout out -"
Joe Dinicol: "Is this video?"
RG: "Yeah, this is a video. I just wanted to let y'all know that Ragdog is back."
JD: "Back!"
RG: "Back! I just want to tell you right now... Tomorrow we're going to shoot this Ragdog scene."

DON’T LET YOUR PAST DEFINE YOU – Upon learning the key to oppose The Monitor (guest star LaMonica Garrett), Oliver (Stephen Amell) and team return to Russia on a mission to gather the necessary materials. Diggle (David Ramsey) reunites with a figure from his past. Laura Belsey directed the episode written by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes (#805). Original airdate 11/19/2019.

Arrow's Ben Lewis breaks down that 'strange' family reunion: We were 'emotionally exhausted'
By Chancellor Agard November 05, 2019
https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/05/arrow-ben-lewis-8x04-william-mia-oliver-reunion/

Arrow's Ben Lewis Says Oliver and William's Reunion Has a 'Huge Emotional Impact'
By Lindsay MacDonald | Nov 5, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-8-episode-4-ben-lewis-interview-oliver-william-reunion/?ftag=COS-05-10aaa3b

Ben Lewis Breaks Down a Beautiful Father-Son 'Arrow' Scene (VIDEO)
Damian Holbrook November 05, 2019
https://www.tvinsider.com/829304/ben-lewis-arrow-season-8-episode-4-oliver-william-coming-out/

Edited by tv echo

ARROW“Reset” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

YOU CAN’T FIGHT YOUR FATE – After being double-crossed by Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson), Oliver (Stephen Amell) finds himself facing a life or death situation that seems very familiar. Laurel (Katie Cassidy) has the opportunity to make amends with the past. David Ramsey directed the episode written by Onalee Hunter Hughes & Maya Houston (#806).

Hailey Arrow Audtion JRS_1
Posted November 11, 2019 by Hailey Graves
https://vimeo.com/372466955

Audition Scene 1:
HG: "Haul ass, Amy! Come on, let's go.!" 
Reader (offscreen): "You could've warned me before you punched that guy!" 
HG: "Yeah, probably. (Looking at another person) Hi! You must be his friend. (Back to first person) Think he's into you." 
Reader: "You're gonna pay." 
HG (mimicking fight moves): "Put it on my tab. That was funny."
Reader: "That was stupid." 
HG: "Come on! We had that under control. You're a badass. So am I." 
Reader: "You're reckless." 
HG: "I follow my instincts. And I'm not dead yet. So - must be doing something right." 
Reader: "And what if your luck runs out? And mine with it next time?" 
HG: "Not much of a gambler, are you?" 
Reader: "I don't like unnecessary risks!" 
HG: "No such thing. Life is risk. What we do is risky. And, yeah, sometimes that means getting surprised by 20 guys who want to kill you. And that sucks. But then you realize that you can handle it." 
Reader: "So this is what? Risk training?" 
HG: "You're not surprised if you're always getting surprised. See? Not just reckless. There is a method to my madness." 
Reader: "You're insane." 
HG: "Admit it. You had fun." 
Reader: "A little."
HG: "That's more like it. But even I know when the fun time is over. Run!"  

Audition Scene 2: 
Reader (offscreen): "Hey, baby girl. What a surprise." 
HG: "Hey, Dad. Can we talk for a minute?" 
Reader: "Sure, sure. Come on in." 
HG: "So. How's it going?"
Reader: "Great. Keepin' busy. Staying out of trouble." 
HG: "That's good to hear. How's the factory?" 
Reader: "Oh, I got out of there! That place was a waste of my talent. Want one?" 
HG: "No, thanks. You sure you want one?" 
Reader: "Yeah. That's why I'm having one. What are you doin' here, Bianca?" 
HG: "I was hoping that you could help me with a case I'm working on." 
Reader: "Help you out? How?" 
HG: "There's this new drug that's going around Star City. Nobody knows what it is or where it came from, but it's bad. Five people have already O.D.-ed." 
Reader: "How can I help with that?" 
HG: "I was hoping that you or one of your buddies knew where it came from."
Reader: "Sounds like you're accusing me of something. I'm on the straight and narrow." 
HG: "Dad. We both know that that's not true. You're clearly still drinking. I looked up your medical reports. Two weeks ago you were admitted to Starling General with symptoms of a possible overdose. You help me, we're going to be able to help so many people."
Reader: "Typical Bianca. So judgy." 
HG: "I'm not judging you." 
Reader: "I don't need your pity either."
HG: "You know what? I knew it was a mistake to come here. You want to drink your life away? Fine. Be my guest. I don't want any part of it."

Edited by tv echo