Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Quilt Fairy

Portals to Hell

From the Travel Channel:

In Travel Channel’s new series, “Portals to Hell,” television personality and executive producer Jack Osbourne, and paranormal researcher and investigator Katrina Weidman, join forces to explore especially sinister places purported to be doorways to the spirit underworld.

I liked Jack in Ozzie and Jack's World Detour, so I decided to give this show a chance.  Honestly, I watch most ghost shows at least once.  But this one is leaving me cold.  I'm not sure what their purpose is, other than Jack being a tourist and pronouncing "Is this a portal to hell?  I think yes."  And their technology, is that called a spirit box that they're using?  All I hear is random noises and then someone says "Oh, it said xxx.  Did you hear it say xxx?"  They're only 3 shows in and it's very predictable.

Interview with Jack Osbourne.

Jack's experience at Eastern State Penitentiary.

Edited by Quilt Fairy

On 5/16/2019 at 7:08 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

From the Travel Channel:

I liked Jack in Ozzie and Jack's World Detour, so I decided to give this show a chance.  Honestly, I watch most ghost shows at least once.  But this one is leaving me cold.  I'm not sure what their purpose is, other than Jack being a tourist and pronouncing "Is this a portal to hell?  I think yes."  And their technology, is that called a spirit box that they're using?  All I hear is random noises and then someone says "Oh, it said xxx.  Did you hear it say xxx?"  They're only 3 shows in and it's very predictable.

Interview with Jack Osbourne.

Jack's experience at Eastern State Penitentiary.

This is right up there with Ghost Hunters. 

10 hours ago, Nicmar said:

This is right up there with Ghost Hunters. 

Are you saying that's a good thing or a bad thing?

On 5/21/2019 at 11:15 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

Are you saying that's a good thing or a bad thing?

Its a bad thing! 

• Like 2

I'm just really unimpressed with Portals to Hell, the investigations are boring and the "evidence" is very "meh". Hell, nothing even happened in the Bobby Mackeys episode, that was an awful one. It's such a shame because Katrina Weidman was awesome in Paranormal Lockdown so I thought with her headlining another paranormal show it was going to be great. I'd be really surprised if this lasts beyond one season.

• Like 3

Episode Strawberry River Inn - Can we say blatant advertising for Jack's friend's new B&B?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I'm watching the LaLaurie Mansion episode (my first) and was kind of shocked to see Katrina and Jack using a Ouija board. Is this typical for them? From all the paranormal stuff I've seen on TV and read, the use of Ouija boards is a big no-no.