Type keyword(s) to search

Portals to Hell - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

From the Travel Channel:

In Travel Channel’s new series, “Portals to Hell,” television personality and executive producer Jack Osbourne, and paranormal researcher and investigator Katrina Weidman, join forces to explore especially sinister places purported to be doorways to the spirit underworld.

I liked Jack in Ozzie and Jack's World Detour, so I decided to give this show a chance.  Honestly, I watch most ghost shows at least once.  But this one is leaving me cold.  I'm not sure what their purpose is, other than Jack being a tourist and pronouncing "Is this a portal to hell?  I think yes."  And their technology, is that called a spirit box that they're using?  All I hear is random noises and then someone says "Oh, it said xxx.  Did you hear it say xxx?"  They're only 3 shows in and it's very predictable.

Interview with Jack Osbourne.

Jack's experience at Eastern State Penitentiary.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
On 5/16/2019 at 7:08 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

From the Travel Channel:

I liked Jack in Ozzie and Jack's World Detour, so I decided to give this show a chance.  Honestly, I watch most ghost shows at least once.  But this one is leaving me cold.  I'm not sure what their purpose is, other than Jack being a tourist and pronouncing "Is this a portal to hell?  I think yes."  And their technology, is that called a spirit box that they're using?  All I hear is random noises and then someone says "Oh, it said xxx.  Did you hear it say xxx?"  They're only 3 shows in and it's very predictable.

Interview with Jack Osbourne.

Jack's experience at Eastern State Penitentiary.

This is right up there with Ghost Hunters. 

I'm just really unimpressed with Portals to Hell, the investigations are boring and the "evidence" is very "meh". Hell, nothing even happened in the Bobby Mackeys episode, that was an awful one. It's such a shame because Katrina Weidman was awesome in Paranormal Lockdown so I thought with her headlining another paranormal show it was going to be great. I'd be really surprised if this lasts beyond one season.

• Love 3

I'm watching the LaLaurie Mansion episode (my first) and was kind of shocked to see Katrina and Jack using a Ouija board. Is this typical for them? From all the paranormal stuff I've seen on TV and read, the use of Ouija boards is a big no-no.

This show is just airing now in Canada. I've seen the Alaska hotel one. The son of the owner is creepy and bringing in all kinds of bad shit. I don't trust him at all. 

Bobby Mackey's just aired and I, too, was surprised by the lack of evidence. Most ghost shows that investigate there get a lot of evidence so I was surprised by how quiet it was. 

I do like the show though so I hope they will get another season. 

• Love 2

Ok so last night they did another viewing of the B.Mackeys investigation. I’d not paid close attention to the first time around....

What was Stunning was All The Good Advice they COMPLETELY IGNORED.  The woman who worked there told them about the dude who went into the well with the board and cut himself-so There Goes Idiot Jack into the well.  
The Priest gives them sacred protections after warning the numbskulls Not To Go, they go anyway and Katrina doesn’t take any of them...Jack, stupidly, says they are supposed to DRINK the Holy Water (all of these sacred items were completely wasted on Them!!).....then He Takes Off the bracelet and medallion so he can try to drum up some nightmare.

They were told Not To Provoke-first thing they do is.....to Provoke! Seriously?

Their show was so boring they were desperate to do The Opposite of all the advice they’d gotten.....why bother talking to people who have been there if you are going to completely ignore their concerns?  It is insulting.  
They are The Worst.  

Then they go home and have random bad things happen which they attribute to the investigation.  Okay then... 

At first Jack declares he will NEVER GO BACK! To which Katrina responds ”I would!!!” by the end of the episode, Jack is also agreeing “I would go back!” also....okay Idiots.  The actual episode was crap, but they are determined to bring home an attachment. I will not be watching.

As an aside, the fact that Bobby himself doesn’t believe anything unusual is going on is Strange.....as well as the fact that These Two Dumbbells didn’t interview him and get more info on why not given all the workers statements....

I am thinking way too much about this show-because it was so irritating 

Edited by Eme
  • Love 2

This show is coming back for a second season. 

S02.E01: The Old Paulding Jail

Jack and Katrina head to Paulding, Ohio, to explore an infamously haunted jail said to house dozen of spirits, including a young murder victim. The duo has their work cut out for them as they separate rumor from truth during the historic investigation. 

Airdate: 03/13/2020

Ok what's up with Katrina not being there but on video?  Ive heard all kinds of shit but would like to know the truth.  No offense against Heather, but i miss Kat & Jack together.  Anyway rumors are married, hard pregnancy, filming another show.  Hmm seemed like the was more but Im not remembering 

• Love 1
On 8/2/2021 at 3:02 PM, SassyCat said:

Fernando was one heck of a Great partner to have so much patience with that flake Dani who sat around weaving baskets and claimed it was oh so important to do so to keep their non existent food off the ground. She was there acting as if she was at crafts camp. I am glad she FINALLY stepped up A LITTLE BIT, and tossed a bit of her energy into helping towards HIS survival efforts for the both of them.

That Fernando is a rarity among men. Such kindness and patience puts him in the league with Joe, whos partner was the unforgettable Sam.

How can you remember all the names?  Maybe by the end of the ep it will be there but I'm so bad so don't count on it.  Except Fernando, hah [smile]  he did rock it.

On 3/8/2020 at 8:52 AM, jewel21 said:

This show is coming back for a second season. 

Airdate: 03/13/2020

You lie 😱😥  I don't think it will ever be back

• Love 1

I heard someone say the show was cancelled.  Not sure who or where, so not confirmed. I will be so pissed if so tho.  I'm beginning to think its Katrina.  I don't know if she gets bored or what, but things just suddenly get 'cancelled'.  I feel bad for Jack.  He's got so much investigating yet to do and they were such a great team. She is quickly running out of male partners.  I don't know, does she want to keep doing this?  Sigh.  It sux.

• Love 1