Type keyword(s) to search

The Rook Media: Checquy PR

Bort

Per TV Line, premiering Summer 2019 on Starz

Based on Daniel O’Malley’s 2012 novel, The Rook centers on Myfanwy Thomas (Emma Greenwell, Shameless), a woman who wakes up in the rain beside London’s Millennium Bridge with no memory of who she is… and no way to explain the circle of latex-gloved dead bodies around her. When Myfanwy discovers she is a high-ranking official in the Checquy, Britain’s last truly secret service for people with paranormal abilities, she must “navigate the dangerous and complex world of the agency to uncover who wiped her memory — and why she is a target,” per the official logline.

3 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Considering that he hadn't really planned to write Book 2 in the first place, I'd be surprised if we got a Book 3.

He confirmed it on FB

Daniel O'Malley

August 6, 2018 · 

Not releated to the books (although I am working away madly on Book Three), but I will just say that there is no better cuisine than the food at a two year-old's birthday party.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

There's a book 2!? I randomly plucked this off the shelf at my local library and loved it. When I looked up the author it was the only book he'd written and he didn't sound like he was into doing anything else. Must have read it more years ago than I thought. And now I will have to re-read the first one again and get ahold of the second.

Official Starz promo

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

Video from Comic Con: Emma Greenwell, Olivia Munn, and Joely Richardson discuss Miffany/Myfanwy pronunciation (inspiring a giggle-fest), hive-mind, and Bechdel Test. Worth a watch. I feel a little better about the "Miffany" business, but they changed so much and were told to "ignore the books" why not fix that? Enjoy!

The sizzle reel below the interview video gives away a lot about what is going to happen. It has lots of highlights and the episodes are so slow, there are only one or two highlights per episode.