Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E00: Countdown to the New Season

With a sneak peek at the new season - the show returns with fan favorites, host Paige Davis, designers Doug Wilson and Hildi Santo Tomás and carpenters Ty Pennington and Carter Oosterhouse; stakes are high as two neighboring sisters trade spaces.

Original airdate: March 16, 2019

This from last year, rather than being something new -- it's just a repeat of last season's first episode - no bonus footage, no new chyron with tidbits, or anything like that - and I guess somewhere in there will be a sneak preview of the new episode.  Bleh; I'll just wait an hour.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Bastet said:

This from last year, rather than being something new -- it's just a repeat of last season's first episode - no bonus footage, no new chyron with tidbits, or anything like that - and I guess somewhere in there will be a sneak preview of the new episode.  Bleh; I'll just wait an hour.

This may be a clue that the upcoming season is not that great.  Why not put the effort in for a real sneak peak which are usually 12 minutes long. Last season was disappointing so lets air a show where Hildi does something controversial.   Yawn 

Though we covered this last season I feel compelled to say this again.  Nothing has changed.  The higher budget is just an inflation adjustment.  HOs are hip to the to the disasters that can happen so almost everyone gives them their basements.  Genevieve pulled off a dazzling bedroom so there were a couple of high points, but not enough.  

Unless they have changed this new season, they have missed a golden opportunity to create a hit show. 

I'm glad the show is back. It's fun. If you sign up, you know what you are getting. I also think people who sign up realize nothing in home decoration is permanent. They likely expect to see something new, a little crazy, live with a bit and then move on to something else--or go out and buy a nice piece that is similar to the cheapo version that was thrown together on a budget of $2000

• Love 1
On 3/26/2019 at 8:35 AM, RedbirdNelly said:

I'm glad the show is back. It's fun. If you sign up, you know what you are getting. I also think people who sign up realize nothing in home decoration is permanent. They likely expect to see something new, a little crazy, live with a bit and then move on to something else--or go out and buy a nice piece that is similar to the cheapo version that was thrown together on a budget of $2000

I agree with you as long as the decorator does not paint you grandmother's chair that you said should not be touched. Ruining a family heirloom is just wrong. I seem to remember from the original show some of the fixes would have been time consuming and expensive.  Other than that type of thing yes you should enjoy the experience and have a deal with your neighbors that everyone helps fix' things.

• Love 3