Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: I'm Amish, What Are You?

Well, we have discovered the 8th wonder of the world - Malika Rain (Ring?? I wasn't sure. Either way, blech) Schmucker. Seriously. How those two created such an adorable little baby I will never be able to figure out.

Mose! What are you doing??? A heater attached to a propane tank is NOT an acceptable baby gift! Where do you register for that? "How to Kill Babies R Us". Someone, PLEASE, do not let Katie Anne babysit. 

I don't get everyone's indignation over Jeremiah this season. No, I don't like the douche. But they're all douches. Why is Jeremiah so reprehensible? Because he sleeps around? Rebecca supposedly slept with her husband's brother. Sabrina is knocked up and we don't hear much about the father, and she slept with Jeremiah several times herself! So who is she to throw stones? I laughed so hard when she said, "If Jeremiah knocked me up there would be hell to pay". As if SHE would have nothing to do with it. And Reeeebecca, here's a thought - if you don't want to be associated with Jeremiah, stop doing the show. There ya go. 

Rebecca annoys because she seems to be real quick to call for an ambulance or use the ER. She kept telling Sabrina to go the ER when she wasn't feeling movement, instead of calling her doc and trying to eat sweets, change positions, etc. I'm glad that's what Sabrina did and eventually the baby moved again. I just cannot stand people who overuse emergency services. 

And Sabrina can lose me with all of her, "I don't know anything about babies or pregnancy because my family won't talk to me". Bitch, it's 2014. You don't have the internet? You can't spare $10 for "What to Expect When You're Expecting"? 

One last thing - quilt auctions? Seriously? $400 for a quilt??? I'll just be heading over to Youtube now, learn myself a new skill....

• Love 2

I completely agree, ghoulina.

Also, Mary can make a quilt for only $10? Also, Jeremiah rubbing Mary's shoulders.... Also, that baby is adorable. Also, what exactly is going on with Rebecca and Abe's house? Is on a busy street or in the middle of nowhere? And Kate sees people in NYC wearing Amish clothes all the time?

I wasn't sure what Kate was talking about. Did she mean she sees actual Amish people up there often? Or that some "Amish" style clothing is considered fashionable and worn by regular people? I also wondered if maybe she was seeing Orthodox Jewish people and getting the hats confused? 

Totally agree with everything you said Ghoulina..It's like they all have it in for Jeremiah this season.  I'd love to know where in NY Kate sees people wearing Amish clothes all the time?  I've lived in NY my entire life and have NEVER seen people walking around in Amish clothes in the city.  LOL

• Love 1

I was wondering about Rebecca and Abe's house too.  It looks very different in some scenes, like a totally different house.  Perhaps in some scenes they're not really at home?

The turning on Jeremiah seems out of context with the rest of the show.  Obviously either there is something real behind it that is not being shared on the show, or it's totally manufactured.  I'm thinking that in season 1 they were told to be nice to Jeremiah but now that's wearing thin because, let's face it, he's a total douche.  Plus his teeth seem even more rotten this season than last.

I don't know, I still think Sabrina's pregnancy has lowered her IQ by several points.  Her hormones seem to have rendered her a complete idiot.  I'll feel sorry for that poor kid.  I would like to know the background and status of her relationship with the father.  The ambiguity is not doing her storyline any good.

• Love 2

One last thing - quilt auctions? Seriously? $400 for a quilt??? I'll just be heading over to Youtube now, learn myself a new skill....

I llive in Kansas and have been to probably 50-75 auctions in my life and handmade quilts always bring a fortune. $400 is right around the going price for a nicely made quilt. Even crocheted Afghans usually bring between $100-$200 per item.

Handmade quilts can cost a small fortune. Even machine made quilts can be pricey...but I still can't see how Mary can make a large ( full or queen size) quilt for ten dollars. Do they even have queen sized beds in Amish households? She possibly could make a baby quilt for ten bucks...

They need to stop pushing Katie Ann into finding a husband. That child sure isn't ready...

Sabrina, I don't know what to think about her. She has the most annoying (to me anyway) whiny voice. She would be hard to tolerate on a daily basis. If she were my child, that would be different, though.

The Amish do like their liquor....that in itself is a surprise for me.

If the vimmen in the family can cook well, and it looked so at the Christmas dinner, they could open a store to sell the food and homemade items. We stop at one going through Ohio, their cheese, cinnamon rolls, bread, etc., are just fabulous. Oh, and fudge! The store is thriving from the look of it...lots of customers.