Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Bugs in Your Eyes

Emma walking in the bathroom when she thought Maggie was having an "ass explosion" and Maggie asking her why she came in if that's what she thought was happening was my favorite part of the episode.  "I thought you needed help."

I still haven't completely embraced the show (I think I'm nervous that as soon as I get invested in it, it's going to piss me off), but I'm enjoying it as a diversion and I absolutely love their friendship.  Babies are not my thing in life, let alone on television, but I feel like they can make it work.

I knew Emma was going to be the middle name, but I still got a big grin on my face when Maggie showed her the birth certificate.  I really like that both Maggie and Bruce wanted it that way.

• Love 3

I loved Maggie using the formal tense in Spanish with the biker: "Would you rather I treat you like a common street thug?" Hee. And the way the baby made everyone in the bar melt. And then we see the biker at the christening! Perfect.

• Love 1
(edited)

Nice callback to the first ep, but positions switched with Emma being the one freaking/crying and Maggie being the comforting one. 

I too don't also don't love the introduction of babies on shows,but hello, that's a big part of what this series was going to be about from the get go, I just hope it doesn't ruin any of the dynamics of the show. Depends on what they do with the timeline,like will one season be = to one year. Or will they just make a season = a month or two?  Then you'd have to deal with the kids growth and suck.  But I kind of dreaded the kid growing up on Raising Hope,but  actually thought it was brilliant what they did with it in that they rarely had the kid utter any cutesy dialogue...or and dialogue at all! Which I loved. She was there looking cute.

I mean, I can see them doing funny stuff with Charlotte,but I also don't want to let it get in the way.  But I think they can pull it off.

Babies ruin sitcoms. We all know this.

Oh thank you @Tara Ariano..because this is my belief too, (I'm looking at you Walking Dead)but I kind of hate writing it down because it's not that I don't like kids, I actually get along with them great, they think I'm a big kid,I can talk their language.... it's just I don't want to hang out with them any longer than I have once we are done with the fun stuff. Bye now, go back to your parents and have them pull their hair out with your real life child care concerns. Believe me I've seen it with my nieces and nephew. 
 And yes babies are adorable and bring joy to most people's lives,etc....but I just never had that I-yearn-to-be-a-parent gene.(which I know you can get weird looks for that)  I'd be happy with a cute dog instead. Yes, I  will die old and alone.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 2

I watched the final three eps last night---a bit late but I wanted to stretch it out  :)   I cried like a baby in the last two....I just couldn't handle it.  My best friend is pregnant, I am getting married and so it just feels very "my age demo" they are dealing with here (I am 34) and I was just overwhelmed I guess. :)  I loved the throwback to the first episode, the biker teaching Maggie to let go a bit and while I really didn't see the chemistry previously with Emma and Mark © I really saw it in the final two eps and am curious to see where it goes.  It's very "Ross/Emily/Rachel" but I like it.