Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08 Maybe I Should Start From the End

• Start Topic

I think my biggest problem with Hope is that she sounds a little too clever or adult sometimes, especially when she's with Alaric. So I actually did like it at the end when she straight up just asked Landon if he would be her boyfriend. That is such a teenager thing, plus I like it when TV show characters just say what they want rather than beating around the bush or being passive-aggressive.

At some point they will have to get Candice Accola on this show. Mentioning Caroline in every other episode and giving an Excuse of the Week for why she's not there is becoming a great big elephant in the room. At least they shunted Josie and Lizzie off with her this time, though.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm really beginning to hate these dumb episode titles.

So Landon's mom is Sela the Vampire Slayer?

I kind of enjoyed Hope's terrible lying at the beginning. Yeah, I was going to get you an oil change at 3am since I was kind of a bitch to you yesterday.

I love that Alaric was a DC kid. I was not into comic books but I definitely know more about Batman and Robin than I do about Professor X and Wolverine.

When Sela started quizzing Landon about how many windows were in the room and how many cars were in the parking lot and his excuse for not knowing was "nobody notices stuff like that," my immediate reaction was Henry and Shawn Spencer do!

Hope's constant voiceovers made me feel like they were trying for a Veronica Mars vibe but failing miserably.

I hope that Alaric realized that Sela saying Hope and the Salvatore students are monsters is the equivalent of Alaric assuming that all the creatures they have encountered are monsters.

When Sela said that she somehow got out of Malavore but she couldn't remember how, I thought she was going to turn out to be another creature that was attracted to the knives, but then she said that she'd been out for 18 years so I guess Malavore let her go for some other unknown reason.

On a shallow note, Sela's dog was adorable so I hope someone is taking care of her!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4

So now Landon is like hell dimension Jesus??...  His character does nothing for me.. But I'm hoping the writers remember the rest of the cast.. Special unicorns at the center of a show can be a drag to me..  With all the other characters bending over backwards to help them or prop them up

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Minneapple said:

I think my biggest problem with Hope is that she sounds a little too clever or adult sometimes, especially when she's with Alaric. So I actually did like it at the end when she straight up just asked Landon if he would be her boyfriend. That is such a teenager thing, plus I like it when TV show characters just say what they want rather than beating around the bush or being passive-aggressive.

At some point they will have to get Candice Accola on this show. Mentioning Caroline in every other episode and giving an Excuse of the Week for why she's not there is becoming a great big elephant in the room. At least they shunted Josie and Lizzie off with her this time, though.

There was also an earlier episode where Hope talked about Landon in detail and how his voice had all the right qualities and things like that.

15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'm really beginning to hate these dumb episode titles.

So Landon's mom is Sela the Vampire Slayer?

I kind of enjoyed Hope's terrible lying at the beginning. Yeah, I was going to get you an oil change at 3am since I was kind of a bitch to you yesterday.

I love that Alaric was a DC kid. I was not into comic books but I definitely know more about Batman and Robin than I do about Professor X and Wolverine.

When Sela started quizzing Landon about how many windows were in the room and how many cars were in the parking lot and his excuse for not knowing was "nobody notices stuff like that," my immediate reaction was Henry and Shawn Spencer do!

Hope's constant voiceovers made me feel like they were trying for a Veronica Mars vibe but failing miserably.

I hope that Alaric realized that Sela saying Hope and the Salvatore students are monsters is the equivalent of Alaric assuming that all the creatures they have encountered are monsters.

When Sela said that she somehow got out of Malavore but she couldn't remember how, I thought she was going to turn out to be another creature that was attracted to the knives, but then she said that she'd been out for 18 years so I guess Malavore let her go for some other unknown reason.

On a shallow note, Sela's dog was adorable so I hope someone is taking care of her!

At least in this episode, Hope's voiceover was one monologue directed at Alaric, rather than some Stefan style narration.

I can only assume Seylah got out of Malivore in a way that ended in / required her getting pregnant.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

So now Landon is like hell dimension Jesus??...

I think this is hilarious. I enjoyed this episode and after reading the quote thread, I realized the whole episode was away from the school and all the other annoying teens.

On 1/25/2019 at 12:56 AM, Minneapple said:

I think my biggest problem with Hope is that she sounds a little too clever or adult sometimes, especially when she's with Alaric.

I think this is what I enjoyed the most. I don't want them together romantically because, eww, but I do like their interactions.

On 1/24/2019 at 9:56 PM, Minneapple said:

I think my biggest problem with Hope is that she sounds a little too clever or adult sometimes, especially when she's with Alaric.

I think that when she's around adults, she acts like she's their equal and she ends up seeming kind of smug. Even when she was being snotty with Landon's mom, she came off as a judgmental know it all (not someone half Seylah's age). I don't think you have to bow and scrape to everyone who's older than you are, but Hope doesn't seem to give anyone the minimal kind of respect that I remember being told was expected when speaking to teachers, my friends' parents, etc.

• Love 1