Type keyword(s) to search

Cheerio!: Season 1 Wrap Up Thread

Note:  This thread is for discussing the totality of season 1, including possible spoilers from episodes you have not seen.  

PROCEED WITH CAUTION IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE SEASON.

Use this thread to discuss things that carry on over multiple episodes or things related to the season as a whole that cannot be discussed in individual episode threads.

I thought FakeHarry did a pretty good job considering he was plucked from an average life and took on a pretty big task of carrying a show. I hope he was paid well beyond the "true love" bonus at the end. I thought he was better looking too but even though I might have been fooled for a moment he seemed much younger than RealHarry and that would have tipped me off. Well that and the complete absurdity of the most famous of the European royal families participating in this nonsense.

• Love 2

FOX was cheap from beginning to end for this show. The sets, decor, party areas, etc. all looked so budget. I am including Matt/Not Harry's wardrobe in that. The crepe paper streamers, lone fire dancer, and sad pageant stage would have tipped me I off to the lie. I would also have been inspecting Not Harry's clothes by touch, found a jeweler's glass to inspect his watch, and paid close attention to his shoes - all huge giveaways that he wasn't wealthy.

I'm still very disappointed that we didn't get to see all the other contestant's reactions to the "news" that he wasn't Harry.  I wonder when and how they told them?

Of course, except for Kelley and maybe Karina I'm not sure how many of them were really buying the story. Some, especially Meghan, were clearly just playing the game to win regardless of who he was.

• Love 1

I thought FakeHarry did a pretty good job considering he was plucked from an average life and took on a pretty big task of carrying a show. I hope he was paid well beyond the "true love" bonus at the end. I thought he was better looking too but even though I might have been fooled for a moment he seemed much younger than RealHarry and that would have tipped me off. Well that and the complete absurdity of the most famous of the European royal families participating in this nonsense.

I agree - if he was an actor by profession, trade or training I would have better understood the criticisms people have of him.  But he was just some regular guy who happened to look a lot like Prince Harry.  And for my money, I didn't think he really needed to have a powerful personality, he just needed to be the touchstone for all the other girls to have drama around.  IMO, on these shows its normally the drama the women create that carry the show and make it interesting.  The man/bachelor is little more than a talking prop.

• Love 1