Type keyword(s) to search

The Chi - General Discussion

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, aghst said:

I gave up after the abduction season and she decides to keep the baby fathered by the guy who raped her.

Is that suppose to be representative of life in the Chicago hood?

I can see the girl being abducted from the bus stop but all the stuff afterwards, ridiculous.

I knew when Keisha held the baby that she'd want to keep it.  I liked the woman who wanted to adopt the baby, and it was too bad that Keisha changed her mind.

I know the show's about to wrap up for good, but I keep wondering how they could go this many seasons with not getting any acting lessons for the kid who plays Papa. He's so awful! And they keep trying to give him all this serious stuff to do. All the other kids are so good in comparison. 

• Like 1

Hopefully, the second half of the season wraps up the series. This show is so tragic. 

• The preacher laundered money for the gangster, stopped, and then was murdered.
  • The talented girl gamer hides guns for a murderer while the guy she taught a few tricks makes enough money to support himself in high school. 
  • The girl who could have gone to Pepperdine on a track scholarship was exploited by her coach and a drug dealer before getting abducted. She chooses the guy with three kids over the sweet guy who works at the thrift shop.
  • The rich guy works for and gets beat up by the gangster. He pays a bunch of money for his daughter to go to private school. The daughter decides that college is a scam and she'd rather be a manager for rapper with 1 song and another rapper who might be transient, is definitely shady, and apparently has $10K to spare.
  • The boy gamer witnesses a murder, shoots someone, has someone hold a gun to his head while he looks for his sister, has one mentor killed, and is in love with a girl who bullied him, stole his bike, and maybe assaulted him when they were younger.
  • The reporter moved in with and fell in love with the murdering politician who might have to go back to murdering because the black sheep was a terrible shot. 

That said, a show about a kid from the south side of Chicago who moves to Los Angeles to become a gamer could be interesting. If it was lighter than The Chi.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/25/2023 at 11:46 AM, Crashcourse said:

I hope the last half of the season is the end because I think the show has run out of interesting stories. 

It was renewed. Two new episodes of the second half of season 6 are out. 

• Like 1

I'm terrible with names, but now I'm wondering if the not so good female rapper who is Kevin's girlfriend will wind up with the preacher's son.  They looked like they were about to kiss before she got Kevin's text.

Kevin's girlfriend is Maisha. The preacher's son is Papa/Stanley, Jr. Hopefully if Maisha and Papa make their way back to each other, Kevin and Maisha break up first. Or Kevin is relieved because he found someone else in Los Angeles.

Apparently, Shaad is willing to stay with Emmett's parents but chose sleeping in his car over asking Victor to take him in again.