Type keyword(s) to search

Royal Pains - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

I don't know if it was just added to Amazon Prime but it showed up on my recommendations list. With ads coming to Prime I wonder why it wasn't just on Freevee? It was a broadcast show already set up for ad breaks in its cut.  

I guess I have a new re-watch during the strike induced drought of content. And a chance to see Reshma Shetty, my breakout actor for the show whose career seems to have stalled.

Pilot episode.

House meets MacGyver. The visual camera push in style first party scenes at Boris' estate had me flashing to Las Vegas which just started on Peacock. The theme of the little brother bring the big brother back from depression.

• Like 1

It turns out Netflix has it too. 

All these years later while watching the early seasons with Divya's engagement still you would fully expect the normal TV trope for her and Evan to be a couple by the forth season.

On 2/22/2024 at 8:26 AM, Raja said:

It turns out Netflix has it too. 

All these years later while watching the early seasons with Divya's engagement still you would fully expect the normal TV trope for her and Evan to be a couple by the forth season.

Currently re-watching the series and had the same thought! Based on how hard they went with the put-downs it seems like the writers were setting that up and changed their minds. (And because I've forgotten at least 90% of the plot lines, I didn't realize that wouldn't ultimately happen until he gets serious with Paige.)

• Like 1
(edited)

I only have two episodes and I will be done with S5.

ETA: I didn't realize S6 was on Netflix. 🙃

Edited by Pristine

S02:E06

In Vino Veritas.

I spent the episode asking myself what happened to patient confidentiality while Hank and Divya were both talking about their patients conditions with others. After it was just after  recent Law & Order HIPAA twist topic.

But the back story being Hank was taught his MacGyver mindset by his father like Colton on Tracker brought me here today.