Type keyword(s) to search

The Vampire Diaries - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I never particularly cared about the Salvatore brothers or their boring relationship but something that bothers me is how so many fans felt that Stefan had to redeem himself for bringing Damon someone to feed on and turn back in 1864. Damon had only himself and Katherine to blame for that. Damon wasn't compelled. He was fully aware every second of his relationship with Katherine. Ending up a vampire when Katherine was supposedly dead was an unintended consequence of Damon's own actions. Stefan was compelled; he did not consent to his relationship with Katherine, she raped him and put her blood in him without his consent. When he injured and killed his father he was overcome with bloodlust. To say he wasn't in his right mind when he brought that girl to Damon was an understatement.

Damon was the one who needed to make amends for 1864.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Nina Dobrev at the Met Gala! She was part of the Posen posse this year (Zac Posen created 3D printed pieces for five actresses/models). She is wearing a 3D printed bustier made of four pieces that took 200 hours to print. It was then wet hand sanded and sprayed with a clear coat to make it look like glass. She said it took six people to get it on.

1558137050_nina1.thumb.jpg.b01a997e6b1a35a0de8abb34b1d5ea64.jpg

1038973499_nina3.thumb.jpg.6c37e087cd62db886cb7984f96e95964.jpg

• Love 1

I loved Jenny Nicholson's recent deep dive into The Vampire Diaries. It was a bummer to learn that author LJ Smith apparently didn't get any money from the tv show and that Matthew Davis (Alaric) seems kind of unhinged now. I disagreed with some of it (I don't remember Uncle John being that bad & still prefer Buffy), but it was so much fun to watch her go through the various relationships, villains, crazy arcs, dropped plot threads, truly terrible looking video game, etc. It's 2.5hrs long but didn't feel like it.

Edited by krankydoodle
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, krankydoodle said:

Matthew Davis (Alaric) seems kind of unhinged now

He's always been a nutjob. I still remember his TVD fanfic which was just fucking ridiculous.

His recent twitter fight with Paul Wesley was a good reminder that he (MD) is still off the rails.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

FYI - for anyone who isn't watching the Vampire Diaries spin-off Legacies (which is about Alaric running a school in Mystic Falls for supernatural students including his daughters Lizzie and Josie as well as Klaus and Hayley's daughter Hope), this week's episode (S3.E3) had the Salvatore School staging a student  musical about the Salvatores and Elena. It was freaking hilarious! Even if you've never watched an episode of The Originals or Legacies, it's worth watching this episode because the characters and the musical rehash some of TVD's stuff perfectly.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough announced the launch of their vegan wine brand Fresh Vine Wines. Crafted in Napa, CA, the wines are made without animal ingredients and fining agents often found in wine such as albumin (derived from egg whites) or isinglass (derived from fish bladders). The first three wines, California Cabernet Sauvignon ($21.89), Pinot Noir ($18.99), and Chardonnay ($17.99), are now available through Fresh Vine Wine’s website. Additionally, California Rosé ($14.89) and Limited Reserve Napa Cabernet ($80) are available for pre-order and will debut this spring/summer and fall, respectively.

Rewatching the show, and I definitely have to say the first half of the show was better than the second half (though the second half was still watchable in a good and dumb fun way, even if we got characters that overstayed their wlecome, like Enzo and Kai…also, Klaus as well, even if he was on during the show’s better years).

If I had to rank each season, from best to worst, it would be:

4/5 (both still good but also flawed)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 10/11/2022 at 6:26 AM, Hiyo said:

Rewatching the show, and I definitely have to say the first half of the show was better than the second half (though the second half was still watchable in a good and dumb fun way, even if we got characters that overstayed their wlecome, like Enzo and Kai…also, Klaus as well, even if he was on during the show’s better years).

If I had to rank each season, from best to worst, it would be:

4/5 (both still good but also flawed)

I quit watching season 6 I think, your analysis is probably true.