Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: The Prom

Bort

Prom night brings big problems for Jackson and Ramona. Meanwhile, a power-hungry DJ is taking her role as head chaperone a little too seriously.

Airdate: Friday, December 14, 2018

God, why is there so much Joey this season? I mean, I'm glad we haven't been subjected to his demon children, but there's been at least four out of twelve episodes with Joey. I get that Coulier directed this episode but it doesn't mean he needs to be in it! It wasn't like the chilli plot was awful, but still. 

I did like Jackson and Rocki's stuff. It was nice of her to go to prom with Jackson, even though she didn't want to. I also chuckled at the snarky comments from Jackson about DJ chaperoning the prom. He's not wrong and he was doing it in a humorous way. But yeah, Jackson messed up with trying to impress his so-called friends. I thought Rocki was very patient and I'm on her side for being upset.

Of course, DJ and Gia are feuding again. And Steve is trying to impress DJ through the DJ. 

Random reappearance of Popko, who we really didn't need but alrighty, then. The actor DID hit a serious growth spurt and seemed to get some acting lessons along the way, so he was a little more tolerable.

• Love 4
On 12/15/2018 at 6:31 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Random reappearance of Popko, who we really didn't need but alrighty, then. The actor DID hit a serious growth spurt and seemed to get some acting lessons along the way, so he was a little more tolerable.

It took me a second to recognize him. And then I thought, "Didn't they have like one or two dates like in season 1? Why are we acting like they had this big relationship and break-up?" I don't think he was in season 3, was he? (I missed the back half of season 3 because I was too angry over the wedding plot.)

But yeah, Jackson messed up with trying to impress his so-called friends. I thought Rocki was very patient and I'm on her side for being upset.

Particularly given that she didn't even want to go.

Although I kind of thought it was going to turn out she didn't want to go because she knew her mom was going to lush out at the prom. They went with good 'ol Pretty in Pink snobbery instead.

The Michelle amnesia mention made me remember how annoying it was that the series finale revolved around her.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

It took me a second to recognize him. And then I thought, "Didn't they have like one or two dates like in season 1? Why are we acting like they had this big relationship and break-up?" I don't think he was in season 3, was he? (I missed the back half of season 3 because I was too angry over the wedding plot.)

He was. I think him and Ramona started going out in the first half of season 3 and they broke up before she left for Japan because he wanted to see other girls. I just remember his stupid name and didn't recognize him until Ramona mentioned him....and also because the camera focused on him when he first walked onscreen, so I knew he was someone we must have seen before.

"Its the Fuller House, even the chili has to hug." 

The Bryan Adams stuff actually was quite sweet, and the memories of the last episode were fun. Even the characters thought the last episode of Full House, with Michelle getting amnesia, was super freaking weird. Yeah, what a weird way to end the series THAT was. 

Oh Jackson, you went and screwed up.  And she even went to prom and everything. 

Tommy and Cosmo were at peak cuteness in their brief scenes.

Why do freshmen have prom? And they've made multiple references to being freshman even though I'm pretty sure Ramona said she was 16 a few eps back.

I did love Ramona's dress. And DJ's. I liked Casey saying Popco looked like Sienna's son. They're loving the "Sienna looks old" jokes. Rocky's been too good for Jackson lately. She's been making compromises for him and he's not making any for her even before he trash talked her at prom.

"Her sister had amnesia. Not sure why that's important but I thought you should know." Now I want them to use amnesia as the running joke for Michelle coming to see them - like, whoops, she must've forgotten us again.

Wait, DJ got alcohol spilled on her again at a dance? No one's gonna comment on that repeat plot point?

• Love 2