Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Yes, Deer

Air date: November 20, 2018

Vlad, the new contractor for the house, arrives with his crew and Lena immediately begins to clash with him over his methods of repairing the house. Martin, on the other hand, feels that Lena should let them do what they were hired to do. After overhearing that she’s too uptight, Lena calls up an old friend to help her let out her frustrations. Elsewhere, Martin takes Mason camping to help him get over his breakup with Hazel and to teach him how to be a man, only to learn from him that it is okay to express his emotions.

Guest starring is Costa Ronin as Vlad and Trent Garrett as Wes.

My wife and I finished a movie and we watched the last 20 minutes. What a complete horrible episode to new levels. From Jenna being super bossy (she wonders why people don't put up with her). To Mason: "I experience my feelings and can magically change out of sweating clothes to a towel and a shower cap when my Martin is turned for 5 seconds." I mean, really, Mrs. Readster said it best: "How the hell did this show make it a second season." I told her because of ABC not having as many shows due to Rosanne and The Middle ending." She replies: "It's such a stupid show. I hope it ends sooner than later." 

• Love 4

I kind of watched 10 minutes of it, and then proceeded to take a nap.  The parts I saw were bad...the waste of time with the contractor storyline, etc.  I didn't see much potential of a good storyline there.  And then Martin was just kind of annoying, and I did think the kid getting dressed for a shower in the woods was completely stupid.  Noone would do that for real.  

3 hours ago, alexa said:

I kind of watched 10 minutes of it, and then proceeded to take a nap.  The parts I saw were bad...the waste of time with the contractor storyline, etc.  I didn't see much potential of a good storyline there.  And then Martin was just kind of annoying, and I did think the kid getting dressed for a shower in the woods was completely stupid.  Noone would do that for real.  

Even worst when he realized he couldn't use a hair dryer. I wanted to go: "Did you see a portable generator?" Oh and of course Martin has been established as unable to: cook, clean, shave, ect. Yet, he can set up a camp site, hunt for food with a bow and arrow and clean up fish and filet it. Really? He is an outdoor man, but do stuff at home? Nah!

• Love 2

I've only lurked so far, but now I just have to say, how can a show with such good actors and Ellen DeGeneres as an executive producer be so terrible? Every single character is a caricature and the storylines were weak from the start and have only gotten worse. It doesn't work as a comedy, and it doesn't work as a drama.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I've only lurked so far, but now I just have to say, how can a show with such good actors and Ellen DeGeneres as an executive producer be so terrible? Every single character is a caricature and the storylines were weak from the start and have only gotten worse. It doesn't work as a comedy, and it doesn't work as a drama.

It doesn't work at all. The ratings have dropped again and they ordered a full set of episodes for the season. If ABC thinks it's going to pull of a save, you just want to go: "Cut your loses and move on."

On 11/23/2018 at 5:52 PM, bluebox said:

We finally see that Martin actually has a job, though it's still unclear what he does.

Lena's Russian was completely incomprehensible. 

I think it was even more stupid that Lena was: "The floors have to breathe and this has to happen, ect." If she knew all of that crap, than why didn't she do it? The show is caught up in this Lena: "I'm a super control freak to where I yell at the clouds if they do as I say." or Martin: "Me caveman, can't cook or clean at home but me hunt deer and fry it!" Don't get me started on the kids, I mean, they all need theorpy.

I've been wondering how they could afford that house.  I suppose that was partially answered last night but I would have liked some details about Martin's job & how he gets so much time off work etc.

one doesn't kill a deer& eat it the same day. Dumb.

2 hours ago, rhys said:

I've been wondering how they could afford that house.  I suppose that was partially answered last night but I would have liked some details about Martin's job & how he gets so much time off work etc.

one doesn't kill a deer& eat it the same day. Dumb.

Right basically Martin works for some private company, got his money, but as a result, they got over the heads and underwater, but what is this magical job? Nah, why would we need to know that? I mean the plots are sinking the show faster than what these characters do for livings.