Type keyword(s) to search

Matthew Kellog: A man with a plan

Love him. He's a fun but still interesting character. I hope he comes into play more this season. He's good with both Alec and Kiera. He kinda links everyone up really. He can move amongst the different factions and makes himself useful to all of them.

Kellog is a fun character.  He's funny, charming but definitely not harmless.  I am enjoying his crush on Kiera.  He knows Kiera doesn't like him, but darn it, he's gonna try to get her into bed!  When Kiera called him over to her apartment, he came with a smile and a bottle of wine, hoping of course that she will finally give in to him.  I imagine it must've been a let down when she straightforwardly gave him some documents and told him what to do with it.  I think he must've been real disappointed inside but he never let on.  He simply took back his bottle of wine and left!  Oh, Matthew, she's never going to give in to you like she did that night in your boat when you got her drunk!

I think Kellog is playing each side against the other.  He doesn't care either for Kagame's ideals or Sadtech either.  He's only in it for himself.  He wants power.  He think he'll get it through a rakish smile, some smart words and some flattery to manipulate everyone around him.  He's going to fail obviously.

I think Kellog is a good comic relief in this serious sci-fi show.  I always enjoy any bits of Kellog that I see. 

• Love 1

Our Matthew ended the series time-jumping back to pre-historic Vancouver ("That little shit" will be an iconic line in the Continuum-verse).

So - what do we think becomes of Kellogg? Does he set himself up as a god to the natives? Do they immediately hunt him down and kill him (doubt it - My Matthew is above all things a survivor).

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 1

Our Matthew ended the series time-jumping back to pre-historic Vancouver ("That little shit" will be an iconic line in the Continuum-verse).

My most Kellogg moment is when he says "Of course you are. (Because time travel.)" after realizing he has killed his own daughter.

Kellogg was a great character. Nefarious, not quite evil and charismatic as hell. Stephen Lobo was great in the role. I also like that the writers didn't give him (and Garza) a redemption arc. They stayed true to their character.

• Love 3

I thought Kellogg was evil, or at least he ended up there. We didn't get to see his whole evolution from self-centered narcissist to full blown monster, who would doom our world so he could pick up some spare parts but the outlines were there.  The fact that he was still charming and weasle-y until the last was fascinating though. 

• Love 1

I really don't think that Kellog was truly evil, but he was a self-centered narcissist. Plus, it seems that he cares more about himself than for any cause (maybe he lost all hope when his sister died) and I wasn't expecting him to kill Dillon but he did. Although, I also found Dillon to be self-centered, but his self-centeredness was towards his career and catching Liber8. So, I never really liked that character and I didn't like how at the last minute he betrayed Kellog because somehow he found his conscience after taking important papers. I mean, that man risked his daughter's life to catch Liber8 and the thing that made him reconsider his actions was stealing files from the VPD office? 

Kellogg exemplified the saying that everyone is the hero of their own story. He was basically told that he was the worst human being in history because he was the one who would bring down civilization. He didn't believe it until his older self was coming with a raiding party and an X over his kidney. His "redemption" was going back to 2012 where he could fix things but still grab all the money and power for himself.

• Love 3

So - what do we think becomes of Kellogg? Does he set himself up as a god to the natives? Do they immediately hunt him down and kill him (doubt it - My Matthew is above all things a survivor).

Oh, I certainly hope Kellogg survives!  This man is too damn smart not to survive.  I think he probably will set himself up as a god and I think he'll finally have all the power and importance that he has always wanted and he'll end up miserable! 

Kellog was a great character.  I will certainly miss him and his slyness and manipulations.  Thank you Stephen Lobo!

• Love 2

I really think that Kellogg will survive, he is the kind that would. I can see him managing to become a leader of those people. And eventually somehow figuring out a way to get back at least to 2015. But no idea how.

I really think that Kellogg will survive, he is the kind that would. I can see him managing to become a leader of those people. And eventually somehow figuring out a way to get back at least to 2015. But no idea how.

I can see Kellogg surviving and even thriving in the past, but I can't see how he would get back to 2015 at all.