Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation Without Spoilers: Wings of Freedom

The discussion in the "The World the Girl Saw..." thread inspired me to post this.

So... This past episode mentioned that Mikasa was the last of the Asians. More specifically, that some Asian people fled (t)here... That implies there are other places they could have fled, right? Plus, what is with the scout regiment leaving the city as seen in the first episode? As the crowd noted, there was no reason to leave the safety of the city. They must be looking for something and I think its other people. 

I think the purpose of the scouts is also to try and figure out where the Titans are coming from and if there is anything they can do to stop them, like are they being sent out by some other force?  Where do they come from and can they find a way to stop them?  They could very well be looking for other humans also.

That implies there are other places they could have fled, right?

Sure. Whether any of those places still exist is the real question.

Plus, what is with the scout regiment leaving the city as seen in the first episode? As the crowd noted, there was no reason to leave the safety of the city. 

I think the scouts are full of people like Eren who view the city as a cage.

The scouts also represent the idea that humanity hasn't given up and that they are still trying to take back the world from the titans. In a much darker way, they could also be used by the government as an easy way to get rid of anyone who dreams of leaving the walls.