Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite 1990s Songs

Simon47
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Some that come right to mind.  Influenced by what I was listening too of late

Madonna- the songs she made for the movies were all very good.  This Used To Be My Playground, I'll Remember, and Beautiful Stranger.  Erotica, Bedtime Stories, and Ray of light were good albums too.

Oasis- wonderwall

R.E.M- Man On the Moon, The Great Beyond, Its the End of the world 

Smashing Pumpkins- Perfect, 1979, Tonight Tonight, many other good songs

Limp Bizkit- Break Stuff and N Together Now.  My aggressive teenaged side liked these songs.  Still good for nostalgia purposes.  

Early 90's R & B and Funk was good too.  You Gotta Be by Desiree I think for example 

Edited by BlueSkies
  • Love 3

I listen to the "90s on 9" channel on Sirius Satellite radio just about all day every day while I'm at work. They play nearly every song that's been mentioned here, and I never get tired of hearing (most of) them. I was more of a TV kid, and I didn't really start paying attention to music and listening to the radio until I started college in the mid 90s.

Some of my favorites I always look forward to hearing are One Headlight (Wallflowers), You Get What You Give (New Radicals), Losing My Religion (REM), Wicked Game (Chris Isaak), Friday I'm in Love (Cure), Right Here Right Now (Jesus Jones), Selling the Drama (Live), Runaway (Janet), Interstate Love Song (Stone Temple Pilots), Learn to Fly (Foo Fighters) and Barely Breathing (Duncan Sheik).

So many others that I love, but those are the ones that I really get excited to hear.

But my absolute favorite song of all time is Jeremy by Pearl Jam. I know it's based on a pretty tragic story, but I think the song is just so hauntingly beautiful. I get totally lost in the music. For some reason, I love songs that make me feel all angst-y, and the 90s are full of 'em!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Giuseppe said:

But my absolute favorite song of all time is Jeremy by Pearl Jam. I know it's based on a pretty tragic story, but I think the song is just so hauntingly beautiful. I get totally lost in the music. For some reason, I love songs that make me feel all angst-y, and the 90s are full of 'em!

That song's even more eerie to listen to nowadays, what with all the seemingly never-ending stories of more tragic school shootings and such. I heard the song on the radio a while back and it really hit me, to the point where I got a little choked up listening to it. 

The video for it used to creep me out when I was a kid. It's still pretty unsettling to watch even now. It's a good video, though - really fits the, as you describe, haunting nature of the song. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

The video for it used to creep me out when I was a kid. It's still pretty unsettling to watch even now. It's a good video, though - really fits the, as you describe, haunting nature of the song. 

The video was amazing and won a slew of awards if I remember correctly. But yeah, would be pretty tough to watch it now.

11 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Lol I just posted about Groove is in the heart in the misheard lyrics thread. Damn I love that video.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1