Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Switch

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

On 11/14/2018 at 8:58 PM, shapeshifter said:

Maybe whoever created West's neurosis either consciously or unconsciously modeled after the TJ Hooker character's.

I actually was thinking of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog when I asked that, but could only recall NF standing in a superhero pose, which isn't really very physical comedy. I think of his comedy delivery as being more about facial expressions and use of his voice. 
Oh well, if this show fails, at least he got back in shape with all the running around chasing perps and whatnot.

This is probably the best example of NF's knack for physical comedy. It was a promo clip Castle did for one of his books, that didn't turn out quite as he expected. It was hilarious:

5 minutes ago, Stallion12 said:

Just watched it, I don't get what they meant by marked, is it against rules for cops to date when rookies?

They mean that socially that Officer Chen will get the reputation of being like the groupie in the first episode who was willing to give officers a bonus of sex because she gets off on it and likes that they wear the uniform and badge.  Not breaking any "rules" except the unofficial one that the other officers will think that she will move on to them and provide sexual services because she likes men in uniform with a badge.

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:17 AM, madmaverick said:

I don't agree that the show needs "saving" per se.  Ratings have never been a measure of quality to me.  I actually think they are doing fine with characterization, it's just the nature of a procedural show limits the places and the depth they can take these characters.   I don't think piling on a lot of melodrama onto a character necessarily makes a character or a show more interesting.  It worked for a show like Breaking Bad but this show is not BB nor does it aspire to be.  It's actually refreshing to me that Nolan and others feel like normal people trying to do their best in a tough job.  This is a slice of life kind of show.  If you want it to be something else, you're bound to be disappointed.  I'm tired of overwrought melodrama and conspiracies in shows that never get resolved well myself. 

My thoughts exactly.  I find it refreshing that this show isn't weighted down with angst and that the characters are all basically good, hard-working people.  I don't need every show to be full of morally grey anti-heroes. 

13 hours ago, Raja said:

They mean that socially that Officer Chen will get the reputation of being like the groupie in the first episode who was willing to give officers a bonus of sex because she gets off on it and likes that they wear the uniform and badge.  Not breaking any "rules" except the unofficial one that the other officers will think that she will move on to them and provide sexual services because she likes men in uniform with a badge.

But didn't Chen's T.O. date his (now junkie) wife when they were rookies?  And then they obviously got married at some point.  So I don't understand why it's such a big deal if Chen dates a fellow cop.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, rove4 said:

My thoughts exactly.  I find it refreshing that this show isn't weighted down with angst and that the characters are all basically good, hard-working people.  I don't need every show to be full of morally grey anti-heroes. 

But didn't Chen's T.O. date his (now junkie) wife when they were rookies?  And then they obviously got married at some point.  So I don't understand why it's such a big deal if Chen dates a fellow cop.

It is not official it is another female cop telling her how the others will treat her. And at this point Chen has to decide Nolan or her public reputation 

• Love 2
On 11/15/2018 at 4:08 PM, Jodithgrace said:

Well, sort of. He was showing a good set of man boobs in that tee shirt.

I actually like this show. I like the fact, that despite NF's name and cover photo, the show isn't really about just him, but rather the three rookies and their TO's. I guess they couldn't call it The Rookies, though, since I used to watch a different show by that name starring Georg Sanford Brown and Michael Ontkean back in the day. One of the characters had a wife, a nurse named Jill, who was always being taken hostage, which is just about all I remember about it. 

Yep castle got man boobs. This show is meh. I just started it.

• Love 1