Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Pacifica

I found this episode interesting for what wasn't shown or not shown much.

It's all about Murphy, again. SunMei was studying Murphy's blood then hid it inside the memorial. She told Roman nothing about her findings. Given her 48 hr deadline, I think she has had a change of heart. Something about her expression when she was opening the door to her lab after chatting with Roman makes me think she has a plan and psyching herself up to do it. I think she will leave Altura with 10K and Red. Remember, she knows Murphy's blood pre-Black Rain. She has to know there's something different. Why else would she hide it in a protected place?

I think Dante stole the cookie stash before hitting the road. He must have twigged to Pandora's goal. Or he knew of it but did not agree with her (remember him flinching/moving away from her advances?). Will the Talkers join up with the Blends in Limbo?

Murphy's blood created the Blends. The Blends are something like the Talkers but alive with some immunity. The common denominator is Murphy who has now changed to something else. Warren has Murphy's blood pre-Black Rain. 10K has a different variant in his system. 

10K's hand reminded me of Dr. Who's disembodied hand in the Tardis. And 10K's stump was gross. That did not look like it was healing. I wonder if they would go so far as to have his hand "reattach" itself?

I think Pandora's goal is the destruction of the humans. If not destruction, then use as a future food source. She's been playing Roman all this time. I think it was she and her henchmen on the other end of the cattle prods being used on the zombies. 

Not sure what Roman has in mind for the Talkers. He wants to have them around maybe as a labor pool. Once synthesized, cookie production would be cheap. The assassination plot was the catalyst to sway the other settlements to his way of thinking. Are Roman and Pandora in cahoots after all using fear and manipulation to create divisions within the settlements?

Lastly, I don't think I can take it if Little CZ is harmed or turned. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

You must be one of the writers to be able to go into such detail because, I swear, I don't know much of what's going on anymore.  ; )

It was nice to see Citizen Z, Kaya and Little CZ.  Such a cute little family. 

I do hope we Cooper again; otherwise, it was a waste of Mario Van Peebles. 

I'm just enjoying the show until it ends, hopefully this season.

I don't think the Talkers make for a very good analogy for prejudice in the world.  Because in their natural state, they will go into a frenzy and attack a living human being.  Keeping them from doing that relies entirely on having a supply of bizkits.  If you are a good parent, are you really going to want your kid to play with an undead creature who will tear his throat out if his blood sugar drops too low?  I can't really blame the human citizens of Pacifica for wanting to be in a safer situation, although their solutions may not be the best.

What is going on with that memorial?  Are those all slides of the victims' blood?  Is there a point to that, other than just having a piece of them to mourn?

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 5

I'm enjoying the direction of the season but I don't like having everyone split up again.  I think Dante saw the writing on the wall and took off and is rounding up the Talkers to keep them safe.   I like George but would rather have our mains together and working together.  Murphy is at his best when he's with Roberta so having him off doing his own thing doesn't interest me; I didn't miss him this episode.

Sun Mei is giving off mad doctor vibes, not giving that poor Talker mercy when he asked her.  Of course he can ask someone else and I understand her point, but I didn't think it was a good look for her.

10K's hand looked pretty gross.  I expect him to bounce back and practice with his other hand.  I mean, I would be upset that I lost a hand so I get that but he didn't even seem to be considering using his left hand, which I thought was odd.

• Love 1
On 10/27/2018 at 12:56 PM, rmontro said:

I don't think the Talkers make for a very good analogy for prejudice in the world.  Because in their natural state, they will go into a frenzy and attack a living human being.  Keeping them from doing that relies entirely on having a supply of bizkits.  If you are a good parent, are you really going to want your kid to play with an undead creature who will tear his throat out if his blood sugar drops too low?  I can't really blame the human citizens of Pacifica for wanting to be in a safer situation, although their solutions may not be the best.

I get what they were going for, but I have to agree with this. 

On 10/27/2018 at 12:56 PM, rmontro said:

What is going on with that memorial?  Are those all slides of the victims' blood?  Is there a point to that, other than just having a piece of them to mourn?

Yeah I thought that was weird too.

This show is getting way too serious for me. I just really miss the camp and the humor. I was watching a season 2 episode, Zombie Road and there was a scene with Doc looking in the side view mirror and it said Objects May Be WAY Bigger Than They Appear. There were so many funny parts in the first couple of seasons. My favorite line ever is Doc's "Murphy, if I die because you farted I am taking you with me."

Edited by Jordan61
  • Love 6

I do wish they would add in more humor again. With that said, this episode really drew me in.  Creepy memorial wall.  Roberta's speech about humanity. Serious zombie action. 10K being mopey for a good reason - emo boy is back. The acknowledgment of how incredible it is for anyone to still be together this long into the apocalypse. I thought it was a great episode.

• Love 1