Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Seven Deadly Sins and a Small Carl Sagan

• Start Topic

On 10/26/2018 at 6:08 PM, LadyKenobi said:

One of my least favorite episodes, mostly because so much of it was off. Missy's Cyndi Lauper poster next to an NKOTB one has bothered me for a year and a half, and they just doubled down on it. It was a cute outfit, but there is no way on this planet that a little girl as socially adept as Missy is dressing as Cyndi Lauper in 1989.

Really?  Cyndi Lauper had a Grammy nomination in 1990.  I remember her music being very popular right then, especially with girls the age of Missy.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, eel2178 said:

Also, Georgie stating, "happy wife, happy life," was out of place. That expression didn't exist before the 21st century.

I think that expression goes back much further than you would imagine.  I definitely remember hearing it long before the 21st century.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, AnnaRose said:

I think that expression goes back much further than you would imagine.  I definitely remember hearing it long before the 21st century.

Agreed.  I'm really pretty sure I heard my Dad say that as far back as the 70s/80s.  

• Love 4
On 10/29/2018 at 9:29 PM, LadyKenobi said:

She might have been doing well with critics, but really didn't have a hit after "True Colors" in 1986, and she wasn't nearly the cultural influence she was in the early 80's with "She's So Unusual" (1983.) That poster on Missy's wall is, I think, the album cover, and out of place (but the Janet Jackson one is right on.) The punk look with the hair, fishnet stockings, and Madonna gloves was out by 1989, pop fashion-wise. By then it was more Keds, vests, stonewash, and fugly sweaters

Then again I wore stirrup pants well into the mid 90s, so my fashion sense is highly suspect. 

I remember this same discussion regarding an episode of This is Us!

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1
On 10/26/2018 at 2:50 PM, CherryAmes said:

I thought that was the point though.  He's a small town drama teacher trying to act like a big star.  Worked for me :).

I agree, I thought Jason Alexander was great. I felt bad for Mary that Mr. Lundy was stealing her thunder, but as comedy it worked. 

• Love 4
On 10/26/2018 at 10:16 AM, BitterApple said:

I loved the first couple scenes, the last scene where Sheldon gets recognized as Carl Sagan, and Pastor Jeff as a cross-dresser. Everything else was a dud. I think Jason Alexander is a hammy actor and his wavering accent ruins the character. 

I was bummed we didn't get to see more of Missy in her Cyndi Lauper outfit.

I've been binge watching for the past few days. This was the first episode which I did not like. Too much Jason Alexander and too little Missy and Sheldon. 

Hello everyone,

I just watched (once again) episode 6 of season 2. At the end of the episode we hear „November Rain“ by Guns‘N‘Roses, but an alternate version. Does anyone know the performer of this version? I really love the song and since now even more this version, but I can‘t find it on Spotify or YouTube… Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Ralf