Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: The Terminus Mandate

Of course Rusty falls for a Black Widow. Sure, she'd kill him and rob him, but since she's attracted to rich men, it's all worth it for him.

Really liked who each Councilperson's last arch was. Radical Left's normal half being Right Wing was just so right (and playing Clue against himself was also great). And of course Dr. Z has to arch "Action Jonny" one last time. Loved that Phantom Limb's arch was Gathers and they literally had a dick measuring contest. And I instantly called that Dr. Mrs.'s arch was Rusty's Black Widow. Red Mantle & Dragoon kept putting it off because well, they're them. Thankfully, their arches are all dead. I would've liked to see them arch Al from Home Improvement.

Man, I was not expecting that cliffhanger. We didn't get the end of Black Widow (but obviously unsuccessful), but what about Dr. Mrs.?! It's the end of season 2 all over again.

EDIT: I'm pegging Red Death dead by the end of the season. We never see him read who HIS last arch was, he just left Blind Rage to die to send a message to the Peril Partnership, and considering they had a deal with Wide Wale, it could explain why he declined his seat on the council.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

I just want to know where they got a Moppet costume large enough for Gary in time for DMtM's arching.

I'm surprised that Red Mantle and Dragoon haven't arranged to have separate bodies yet. Maybe they actually like being the Incredible Villainous Two-Headed Odd Couple.

18 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

I'm pegging Red Death dead by the end of the season.

They can't keep him around. He's competent.

• Love 3

Good episode concept. Wouldn’t have thought Gathers would’ve been in the arch loop. On the other hand, having it come to dick-measuring between him and Phantom Limb was appropriate. Also, 1. I guess PL’s  meat isn’t invisible, and 2. It didn’t get blown off at Cremation Creek . . . so who knows what Alchemist was squeezing.

Wouldve been funny if Red Death had tied Blind Fury to the wrong tracks by accident. I hope he lives, because Clancy Brown is a delight.

Radical Left is a dual act, and he was merged with Right Wing? Whatever. ?‍♂️

This week’s t-shirt: Dr. Z! And man, his meeting with Action Johnny was painful. Dunno if it was as bad as a Dean playing as his father’s date in the “rehearsal,” but it was pretty bad.

Edited by Lantern7
15 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Good episode concept. Wouldn’t have thought Gathers would’ve been in the arch loop. On the other hand, having it come to dick-measuring between him and Phantom Limb was appropriate. Also, 1. I guess PL’s  meat isn’t invisible, and 2. It didn’t get blown off at Cremation Creek . . . so who knows what Alchemist was squeezing.

Wasn't Gathers kind of the reason why Phantom Limb became who he was?

And yeah, I wondered about that, too. And if Phantom Limb still considers himself the victor of Cremation Creek, who's to say he wasn't lying about winning the measuring contest, too?

Come to think of it, I felt like almost every councilman was lying. Red Mantle & Dragoon didn't have to arch anyone, Dr. Z just sat around and caught up with Jonny (I felt that meeting was more sad than painful), Red Death clearly didn't arch his protag, Wide Whale is hiding something, Radical Left just played Clue against himself (but was most likely the most truthful of the bunch).

I also liked how appropriate that Lady Au Pair's protag was a bride. I was wondering if she really was the Black Widow? That would put her relationship with Dr. Mrs. on its head if it was true. A villainess that's swearing off arching vs a protagonist that turned into a Black Widow.

EDIT: Dragoon once arched the original Captain Sunshine, so did he die, too? 

Edited by Galileo908

I love how the new overarching (HA) theme is, and has been for a while, is that you can’t freeze time in any one spot, even if you’re a superscientist or archvillian.

It’s not just the boys finally getting older and moving past their early naivete, it’s EVERYBODY realizing that maybe, just maybe, they’re getting too old for this shit. That your nemesis’s kid is not only no longer a kid, but has done far more to himself than you ever could with ray-gun spiders or armies of H.E.L.P.e.R bots. That the up and coming generation doesn’t know or care how things used to be done and everything’s digital now anyway. That okay, you have the biggest dick, now what? Or you’ve just plain outlived the way you used to live.

When you outgrow what you’ve used to define yourself, what comes next?

• Love 1

I don't recall much of anything from this show because there's such a time gap. I don't really know the characters' names beyond the main few. I don't even know who the little scientist is. 

Her name seems to be rarely said, so I thought her nemesis saying "oh hi Sheila" was funny. 

Do you mean Billy Quizboy? He's professional partners/heros with Pete White (the albino) and his mom is Triple Threat, A.K.A. Rose. She's married to Action Man and they live with Colonel Gentleman in a brownstone.

Yeah, it makes about as much sense as you think it does.