Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: The Nagus

Now there is the Rom we know and love…mostly. When we first saw him a few episodes ago, he wasn't even remotely Rom-like.

The friendship of Jake and Nog evolves. They've gone through their first hurdle and they made it through. Sisko is also starting to see it for what it is.

(edited)

Love the the play on the opening scene of "The Godfather" when Nava comes for an audience with Quark.

I also think this might have been the first episode with the oft repeated threat to "throw you out the nearest airlock."

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 1

In reading the previous replies, I am assuming that the Godfather feel was intentional? 

I loved the Nog and Jake thing, that was sweet. 

Funny, I could actually see Wallace Shawn in that character before he opened his mouth and spoke and confirmed it.  HA!  I can't imagine a more perfect actor to play that part.

• Love 1
I also think this might have been the first episode with the oft repeated threat to "throw you out the nearest airlock."

I think this might be the first REFERNCE to it, but IIRC Rom actually DID try to space Quark in an earlier episode!!  (This was before they had the characterizations for most of the characters down.)

• Love 1

Another Quark-centric episode. While there are times I find him amusing I think a little of him goes a long way. He's sort of the Dr. Smith of DS9; the writers tend to go to that well a little too often for my tastes. I'm not really interested in watching a show about Quark and the Ferengi. Wallace Shawn is of course a cinematic treasure, but Ferengi-centric episodes are ones I'd rather just skip. 

I did like the development of the Jake and Nog relationship and Jake teaching him to read, though.

The Ferengi-centric episodes are probably my least favorite of the recurring plots in the series.  I can appreciate developing a race that's not a 'power player' and has issue with the Federation other than wanting to conquer them but the Ferengi were so extreme they became cartoonish.

3 hours ago, Maverick said:

The Ferengi-centric episodes are probably my least favorite of the recurring plots in the series.  I can appreciate developing a race that's not a 'power player' and has issue with the Federation other than wanting to conquer them but the Ferengi were so extreme they became cartoonish.

It didn't help that the Ferengi were originally described by the Next Generation showrunners as the Donald Trumps of the galaxy.

• Love 1