Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Blackjack

• Start Topic

On 9/9/2018 at 10:14 PM, Lamima said:

The gator stuff was the most stupid this show has gone. I was embarrassed for the actors having to act in those scenes with such piss poor writing.

Oh, and what was the motherahip commercial that said 'Rick Grimes last episode'?

Couldve been fun if they put some money into it. And you know, wrote something more compelling and not the SOS.

Thw bit with the dying mans beer was uplifting. But im so sick on the SOS lazy writing on these shows that i already know  Danays character is going to go nuts on the new people who lefy Snowball stranded, now.

Which also brings me to more SOS lazy ass writing: the mysterious new cray who seems to have psychic abilities to look into one of our beloved character's souls. Awe've seen this over and over and over ad nauseum. They really and truly cant come up with any other struggles for them to go through in the ZA?

And  why do they writers think anyone would care about their hipster infatuation with beer, and the unlikely occurrence that  a lone hipster would make it this far in the ZA?  No one needs his recipe in VA. They have Georgie Portly's recipe for mead.  Its like the dont even give a shit. They are just amusing themselves. With this plot. With dropping their shitty hipster music in WDs most sensitive moments, like Carls death. Etc.  Im glad someones having fun.

Edited by Butless
On 9/14/2018 at 9:37 PM, connieinnc said:

i assume the walkers refocused on the sound of the bird squawking after the car horn stopped. IIRC, John Dorie mentioned the bird several times and I couldn't figure out why until that moment.

I watched that episode yet again when it was re-run yesterday in the lead up to the new ep.

I didn't even put that together.

I didn't even really notice too much the bird squawking until I saw this ep on repeat yesterday. The first time I saw the show, I do remember seeing the bird, and I remember John telling Strand he used to get lots of those birds at his cabin, but I didn't pay this much attention.

But when I re-watched this yesterday, this was the first time I noticed that the bird was making a lot of noise. 

But even so, I never put together the zombies being attracted to the other shore when the battery died when they heard the bird squawking (I don't recall hearing the bird at that point).

I'm not even really sure I'm grasping John's plan.

Was the idea to run the car battery noise to attract zombies on the other side, so the zombies would walk into the water to get eaten by the alligator, therefore John would not have to fight off any zombies if he reached the other shore/side? Was that the plan?

When the battery died, Strand told John to fire his revolver into the air (which John was reluctant to do but he did)- why did Strand suggest that, especially when he was planning on going back to the original shore, not the opposite one with the zombies?

Was having John shoot in the air after the battery noise died meant to attract the zombies to their 'Alligator Demise'?

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
1 hour ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

Was the idea to run the car battery noise to attract zombies on the other side, so the zombies would walk into the water to get eaten by the alligator, therefore John would not have to fight off any zombies if he reached the other shore/side? Was that the plan?

The Plan was to use the car horn to attract the walkers into the water as bait for the alligator so they could cross without the alligator going after them. When the horn died the alligator seemed to immediately sense their escape and made a be line for them. Having John fire into the air I assume was to get the remaining walkers to continue making their way into the water as gator bait but the whole thing was pretty nonsensical.    

• Love 2

Well, after this episode I have, once again, deleted this show from my DVR.  I had high hopes for the reboot, but have lost interest.  Although it is such a minor nitpick, it just got me that they had Dorie and Strand standing at the water's edge so much.  Alligators come on land and can be surprisingly fast.  So, having them there discussing the danger of the alligators was just...no.  

And, all the driving around in the diesel truck was ridiculous.  Take a smaller vehicle around to gather everyone.

But most of all, I just did not like the introduction of another "evil" character who is just killing humans.