Type keyword(s) to search

S37: Alison Raybould

Netta Leven
  • Start Topic

Hi.  I'm the first Alison to be on the show, and I describe myself as being each of the three words that made up the title of season thirty-five.  I'm also one of the few doctors to ever be cast.

Her skills could be put to use if someone on her tribe gets injured, a la Margaret from Guatemala.  And it could bode well for her that she wants to play like Andrea.

• Love 1

Like I already mentioned in the episode 3 thread, I like her. I don't know why, but she interests me. She barely has any confessionals, and doesn't seem too invisible. I would love to hear about her game and strategy. Hopefully she won't be one of those contestants that get way too much airtime on the episode they are voted off. I hope to hear more from her.

• Love 2

Yeah, the purple edit sucks. You go out there and play the game. You come home and assume you will be shown. Of course, this has gone on for years. It's usually one or two people that get ignored for whatever reason. On HvHvH it was JP and last season it was Angela (somewhat) and, Chelsea Townsend (a lot).

• Love 1

I know with JP, he was careful with what he said and how he acted because of his profession.  He didn't want to do anything that would embarrass his department or jeopardize his job.  I think that some people might hold back more for reasons like that, but it could also be just luck of the draw.  Get on a season with big characters or showmances or big twists/moves, and if you don't fit into any of those, you're likely to get overshadowed.  On the flip side, I can see some castaways refusing to play along with theme in their TH or perhaps not giving the answers or reactions that are expected, so they get ignored for that.

I was really annoyed reading exit interviews last season, because it sounded like so much more was going on behind the scenes.  I don't know why they made Dom and Wendell such a focus post-merge.  Or rather, I don't know why they felt like they had to ignore everything else going on.

I always wonder if contestants on these shows expect a purple edit or if they worry about it.  If I were a big fan of the show and finally got cast, I'd be crushed to have everyone tune in every week, only for me to be MIA.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

I know with JP, he was careful with what he said and how he acted because of his profession.  He didn't want to do anything that would embarrass his department or jeopardize his job.  I think that some people might hold back more for reasons like that, but it could also be just luck of the draw.  Get on a season with big characters or showmances or big twists/moves, and if you don't fit into any of those, you're likely to get overshadowed.  On the flip side, I can see some castaways refusing to play along with theme in their TH or perhaps not giving the answers or reactions that are expected, so they get ignored for that.

I was really annoyed reading exit interviews last season, because it sounded like so much more was going on behind the scenes.  I don't know why they made Dom and Wendell such a focus post-merge.  Or rather, I don't know why they felt like they had to ignore everything else going on.

I always wonder if contestants on these shows expect a purple edit or if they worry about it.  If I were a big fan of the show and finally got cast, I'd be crushed to have everyone tune in every week, only for me to be MIA.

Being voted out first and getting a purple edit is my worst Survivor fear & nightmare.

• Love 2

Has it ever been revealed why Alison takes her pulse so often?  I mean, I take my pulse sometimes when running, for training reasons.  Or occasionally if I think I might be dehydrated/sick.  But sitting at the reunion?  The editors made a point to show it repeatedly -- perhaps as a quirk or to show her to be a nervous nellie?

Inquiring minds want to know...

• Love 1