Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Karley

What happened to 16 & Pregnant tonight? Apparently it was replaced by a Lifetime TV movie titled, "Flat Affect Family" starring Mare Winningham as the brave, pregnant cougar who marries a mentally challenged teenaged boy with rage issues.

And dang, Mare Winningham looks OLD.

What was with the random graffiti in the bedroom?!

I thought the same thing! It's Cory and Leah 2.0.

I did feel for Karley though. She was trying and Babydaddy didn't seem to want to grow up or even think he had too. Of course, she chose to have a baby with him, so my sympathy only goes so far. 

I can't imagine being tied to someone with that lack of ambition for the rest of my life. That compared with the fact that he's just not that bright would be a deal-breaker for me.

You can't fix stupid and all of that...

The spray-painted graffiti and the lack of sheets on the dang bed were also bothersome.

Tony was a bigger piece of shit even than usual, which is saying something. The way he talked made me think he might be delayed in some way even before we got to basic incomprehension about (a) why you don't spend $1000 on a three-seater truck when you're married with twins; (b) that there would be no point in Karley getting a job at this point since child care could be more than both of their combined salaries in whatever jobs their high school (or less, in his case) education could get them.

I felt worst for Syndee. She really seemed like she was putting in a huge amount of effort to make Tony feel welcome in her home and he was such an asshole about all of it.

• Love 1

I don't think you get any dad points for going to work every day if you only spend the money on yourself. Tony made me think of the old Chris Rock routine where a lowlife wants credit for doing what a man is just SUPPOSED to do. "I take care of my kids!" "You're supposed to! What you want, a cookie?"

Syndee wasn't the only one having an anxiety attack thinking about this awful situation. This episode sure didn't help my sleep. Mormon families, please don't force/encourage/allow your daughters to marry losers just because they got pregnant. It wasn't easy to make Karley's life worse, but the marriage actually made it happen.

• Love 3

Sadly, there are guys like Tony in their 30s. My ex brother-in-law had triplets, left his wife because he didn't sign up for that (like she did?), tried to file for joint custody of only two of their four kids (the "ones he wanted" - they had an older kid before the triplets), then went out and bought a Hummer that couldn't seat all of his children. I think some people are just born idiots.

• Love 1

Which one of the triplets did he want? The one who was born first?

I am at a hotel and my internet speed sucketh, so I didn't get through the episode. I did get a tad bit irritated when he was going off because she wouldn't be working full time. Dude...you are about to have TWINS. In what world is she going to get some minimum wage job and then try to pay day care for two infants? Utah is not the most generous state with child care subsidies and such, so good luck with that.

Did they ever end up getting an apartment on his $1100 a month job?

@stephinmn - he wanted the only boy and his older kid.

As for Karley and whats-his-name - Did they not consider maybe a one bedroom apartment? I know it's not ideal with two kids, but I live in SoCal and because rent is so high here I know tons of people with kids who have 1 bedroom apartments. They make do because they have to and section off part of the living or dining room as a "bedroom" or if the kids are still in cribs they stay in their bedroom. Of course these people would probably LOVE to have a close by relative that would let them live there rent-free.