Type keyword(s) to search

Charmed Life: Cast and Crew Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, kassandra8286 said:

That pic looks like a mom with her two little girls lol

It does, I don't think they should have cast actresses with such a height difference, it looks weird.

• Love 1
(edited)

One thing I noticed in the original pilot with Lori Rom was a huge height difference and was part of the reason why her chemistry was different with the other girls and lead to a recast. She just didn't fit in with them. 

Edited by Lost
On 23/05/2018 at 9:26 AM, nosleepforme said:

No, wasn't she recast, because she had second thoughts about being associated with a show about "witchcraft", because she was so religious?

That was the line, but it's never and still doesn't hold up for me. You would know whether you wanted to be involved in a supernaturally themed show before getting to the point of filming a pilot. 

I think she was let go but given the courtesy of saying she exited the project, as opposed to not fitting in and them drafting in Alyssa Milano to boost the star power. 

(edited)

I don't like the actresses. Also, it's like Charmed with a Giles. We really didn't need another Charmed series.

And dont even get me started with the new Buffy...

Edited by The Raw Category

I am 2 inches taller than my mom was and my sister is 5 1/2 inches taller than me (we are in our 40s, so no hope for a growth spurt!). My two teenage nieces are taller than me. (All of us are genetically related.)

Very frequently heights differ a lot in families. I always thought it was bizarre Hollywood insisted on casting "child" characters shorter than a parent and the like, or indeed sisters all the same height. It may fulfil some sort of abstract aesthetic, but it doesn't look natural to me when it's done uniformly. Indeed, that the two "younger sisters" who are nearly identical in height look weirder to me, if there was one that was more of a mid height it would look more "normal."  As it is, my own perceptions and preferences aside, the height difference makes it clear the oldest sister is a half sister, and I have no issue.

They seem suited to their parts well from what I've seen so far. The acting seems at least on par with the original series based on the trailer, IMO (I recognize opinions differ).

But honestly I wouldn't even be paying this show any heed (not keen on reboots, barely a fan of the older show) were it not for the fact that Jennie Snyder Urman is head writer. She is fucking amazing and I trust anything she had influence on is going to be worth at least checking out, no matter what anything else looks like.

• Love 3